More bad news about Saudi Arabia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More bad news about Saudi Arabia

Some Arabs at understanding-islam.org claim that because Saudi Arabia does not recognize women as human beings and denies them any form of aid (this is esp. hard on widows) the country is full of female beggars living like stray dogs. Those women with children sometimes injure and disable their children to make them look more pitiful and thus collect more coins in the streets.
    Last edited by MonsterZero; 21 Jul 07, 12:14.

"Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a ugly brawl."
    --Frederick II, King of Prussia

You know, this is the best argument as to why we shouldn't have gone into Iraq. We should have gone into KSA instead. This is disgusting.
    How many Allied tanks it would take to destroy a Maus?
    275. Because that's how many shells there are in the Maus. Then it could probably crush some more until it ran out of gas. - Surfinbird

Comment

Have you ever read "Oliver Twist"?

Pruitt
      Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

Originally posted by Pruitt View Post

Pruitt
        No and I don't know what that is.

"Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a ugly brawl."
        --Frederick II, King of Prussia

Comment

Originally posted by MonsterZero View Post
          Some Arabs claim that because Saudi Arabia does not recognize women as human beings and denies them any form of aid (this is esp. hard on widows) the country is full of female beggars living like stray dogs. Those women with children sometimes injure and disable their children to make them look more pitiful and thus collect more coins in the streets.
          Over half the world's population is female.
          This shouldn't be happening.
          Originally posted by Wolery View Post
          You know, this is the best argument as to why we shouldn't have gone into Iraq. We should have gone into KSA instead. This is disgusting.
          I'm not a scholar of Saudi Arabia, but the way I hear they treat women sometimes, would not be considered very nice in our country.

Originally posted by MonsterZero View Post
          No and I don't know what that is.

Last edited by Slug; 22 Jul 07, 01:04.
          "Advances in technology tend to overwhelm me."

Comment

Pruitt
            The fictional book by Dickens? Yes, I have...

Now all you need to do is explain what in the h#ll that has to do with the thread.
            Later - Tater
            "Why I have a greater affinity to Israel than to the Muslim world after 9/11: Watching a death-match fight on Animal Planet once, I found myself instinctively rooting for the mammal over the reptile."

Comment

Originally posted by Tater View Post
              The fictional book by Dickens? Yes, I have...

Now all you need to do is explain what in the h#ll that has to do with the thread.
              injure and disable their children to make them look more pitiful and thus collect more coins in the streets.
              Read it again, you must have slept through parts of it.

HP
              "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint View Post
                Read it again, you must have slept through parts of it.

HP
                I can read the book over and over...

What does a fictional work of literature have to do with this thread.
                Later - Tater
                "Why I have a greater affinity to Israel than to the Muslim world after 9/11: Watching a death-match fight on Animal Planet once, I found myself instinctively rooting for the mammal over the reptile."

Comment

Because analogies can be pulled from them. Not everything needs to be a peer reviewed paper submitted for publication to be of value.

But what exactly is HP referring to? The ladies getting roughed up by their pimp?

Comment

Originally posted by Naffenea View Post
                    Because analogies can be pulled from them. Not everything needs to be a peer reviewed paper submitted for publication to be of value.

But what exactly is HP referring to? The ladies getting roughed up by their pimp?

Here guys, spelled out

disable their children to make them look more pitiful and thus collect more coins in the streets.
                    One of the main characters is Fagin. The leader of the band of child street robbers and beggars. One of their tricks is to pretend to be lame, in order to make them look more pitiful and thus collect more coins in the streets

Just get the DVD there are many well make films of the book.

Pruitt made the analogy to Oliver Twist, Slug understood it. I understood it. Now I'm no Einstein and no way as intelligent as you two but thanks for making me feel so egdumakated.

HP
                    Last edited by Half Pint John; 24 Jul 07, 13:19.

Comment

Here guys, spelled out

One of the main characters is Fagin. The leader of the band of child street robbers and beggars. One of their tricks is to pretend to be lame, in order to make them look more pitiful and thus collect more coins in the streets

Pruitt made the analogy to Oliver Twist, Slug understood it. I understood it. Now I'm no Einstein and no way as intelligent as you two but thanks for making me feel so egdumakated.

HP

“The time has come,” the Walrus said,
                      “To talk of many things:
                      Of shoes—and ships—and sealing-wax—
                      Of cabbages—and kings—
                      And why the sea is boiling hot—
                      And whether pigs have wings.”
                      ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

Here guys, spelled out

HP
                        Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Comment

Pardon me for interrupting "Dickensfest 2007"...

Is there any evidence to back up the assertion that Saudi women disfigure their own children so that they can beg more effectively?

It looks to me as if impoverished Muslim pilgrims from places like India might "Oliver Twist" their kids while on pilgrimages to Mecca and Medina...And then abandon those kids like stray dogs...There's even evidence of human trafficking...But I haven't seen any evidence that Saudi widows and divorcees are forced to enhance their begging by scarring their own children. Nor have I seen any evidence that Saudi officials are complicit in the practice...As a matter of fact, it looks as if they are trying to send the "Oiver Twists" back to their native countries as fast as they can round them up.

Scandal of the maimed beggar children

Saudis deport 76 Indian girls sold or abandoned on Mecca pilgrimages. Report
                          by Rahul Bedi in New Delhi,filed on 15 January

The authorities in Bombay were trying last night to unravel the mystery of a plane-load of young Indian girls who, dazed and bedraggled and many of them scarred or maimed, arrived at the city's Sahar airport after being deported from Saudi Arabia. Apparently abandoned or sold by their Muslim parents during a pilgrimage to Mecca, the children, some as young as six, huddled together on the floor of the arrivals lounge, after officials seemed to be taken by surprise by their arrival on the Saudia plane. Many of the children slept while the officials were deciding what to do with them...

Police at Bombay airport had difficulty communicating with the children, but said 60 of the 76 girls had either a broken arm or leg, burn scars across their bodies, broken teeth and hearing problems. Their hair was matted with filth.

Fourteen-year old Hasina was the worst affected. Speaking through an interpreter, she haltingly told police that her hand had been amputated in Saudi Arabia, but she was unable to explain the circumstances under which it happened.

Another girl, aged six, said she had lived in a mosque and begged for food. Many others said they had been taken to Saudi Arabia by their relatives for the express purpose of begging. Poor Indian parents are known to cripple or disfigure their children to make them more successful beggars.

Police said photographs of all the children would be published in newspapers and on television, particularly in the Murshidabad district of West Bengal, the eastern Indian state from which most originally came. It is hoped that their parents will respond and claim them.

But social workers said there was little chance they would be claimed, and because most of them were handicapped, emaciated and unable to speak clearly it was unlikely that they would ever be adopted. ''In all likelihood they face a wretched future as beggars alongside thousands of others in Bombay'', said a social worker...

A foreign office spokesman in New Delhi said the deported girls had been taken by their parents to the Muslim holy cities of Mecca and Medina to perform Umrah (pilgrimage) and had then been lured away by ''unscrupulous'' locals and pressed into prostitution and forced labour.

He said the Indian embassy had been on the lookout for them and had sought the Saudis' help in locating them.

But Special Branch officials in Bombay suspect the girls were ''bought'' by labour contractors, who are known to lure children away from poor parents in India for small sums of money, to work as prostitutes and labourers in the Middle East.

They said about 400 boys and girls from India, Pakistan and Bangladesh had recently been rounded up by police in Riyadh and Jeddah and sent to their respective embassies to be deported. ''There are indications that this group of 76 girls may have been part of this round-up by the Saudi authorities'', said a Special Branch official...LINK
                          Last edited by The Doctor; 24 Jul 07, 14:59.
                          Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Comment

What you got against a bit of egdumakatin Dr? Did you leave it all in King Arthur's Court?

I think you analysis is more on the money than the original thread starter.
                            Last edited by Half Pint John; 24 Jul 07, 15:05.

Comment

Originally posted by Tater View Post
                              I can read the book over and over...

What does a fictional work of literature have to do with this thread.
                              They brought it up just to get your panties in a bunch. Methinks it worked!
                              Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X