Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saddam's Forgive and Forget Policy

http://www.cnn.com/2002/WORLD/meast/...sty/index.html

Yes, that's right, Saddam says it will free all, but a few prisoners! In my opinion, this is a political ploy to try to legitimize recent elections, and encourage support. Saddam is banking on the hope that prisoners and their families will just forgive and forget all he's put them through. Mind you, many of the relatives did not know their relatives were imprisoned.

I hope the world doesn't buy into Saddam's latest ploy. First, there is no way to legitimize those elections. And no one should believe this amnesty is going to be widespread and permanent.

The decision only confirms the irrational behavior of the Iraqi dictator. He's trying to play the people of his country and the world for a fool. It's a nice move, but my trust in Saddam is at 0%. A man like him doesn't change overnight. He is likely not committed to reforming the cruel Iraqi and corrupt legal system. many of the people freed will either be killed or imprisoned within a few years. Saddam is a disperate man who once again displays just how far he will go to maintain his power just a little longer.
    "As soon as men decide that all means are permitted to fight an evil, then their good becomes indistinguishable from the evil that they set out to destroy."-Christopher Dawson - The Judgement of Nations, 1942

Did you see the recent elections where Saddam got 100% of the vote? He is so out of touch that he thinks people we believe that? If it was setup so he got 70% of vote maybe someone could buy that.
    "There is no great genius without some touch of madness."

Seneca (5 BC - 65 AD)

Comment

Saddam is like a kid who plays computer games, but needs cheat codes and hacks to win.

Comment

It's very true....

Hello,

Had Saddam been more intelligent in his behavior, he would have seen it good to have a political opponent even if it only meant using him as a political puppet. He just needs to make it more believable than what he is announcing to the world with the current situation.

But it proves that Saddam is afraid of ANY opposition, either imagined or real. I fear that as the situation worsens, he will also derange in his behavior towards all. Hence, Bush's valid argument that he must be removed at all costs.

I guess all tryants across the world are alike, they all need a good spanking, provided specifically by our good country boys (Isn't that what every President tend to say?) from US Army.

I wonder what kind of spanking will the US Army give?

Dan
        Last edited by Cheetah772; 20 Oct 02, 17:40.
        Major James Holden, Georgia Badgers Militia of Rainbow Regiment, American Civil War

"Aim small, miss small."

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck
          Did you see the recent elections where Saddam got 100% of the vote? He is so out of touch that he thinks people we believe that? If it was setup so he got 70% of vote maybe someone could buy that.
          Indeed. The problem is that Saddam is caught in an absurd circle. Last time (in 1996 I think), Saddam won with 99,96% of the vote. This time around (especially with the coming clash with the U.S.), it would not make sense for him to get less than the previous time. So he pushed the whole thing to absurdity by saying he won with 100% of the vote

I think he is only deceiving himself. The world opinion, and his own country, certainly does not buy that somebody can get a 100% approval vote in a country of 17 millions inhabitants.

Comment

Well have you guys seen the ballot. It's not really that surprising.
            Attached Files
            "Lord... forgive me my actions, speech and thoughts. Because, Lord, I am seriously going to kick some unrighteous ass in Your Name, Amen."
            Princess of Wands by John Ringo (Jan 2006)

http://www.baen.com/chapters/W200601...9232.htm?blurb

Comment

LOL

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
              X