U.S involvment with Iraq

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• U.S involvment with Iraq

Do u think that the U.S should pull out of Iraq and stop losing troops. I personally think that we should keep the troops in Iraq just for the sake of controlling the middle east..

The Americans should ask this question to Jacques Chirac. Just before the war he warned Bush and the Americans that if the war would be easy, the peace would become a mess, and Iraq would be impossible to control. But the Americans thought they were smarter. In September, or something like that, Chirac said to the UN that the power should be given to the Iraqis the most early possible. The Americans laughed, saying that Chirac was stupid. But now the Americans say that it is necessary to give the power to the Iraqis without delay, the most early possible. So concerning the troops in Iraq, ask the solution to Monsieur Chirac, he certainly knows what to do.

LaPalice.
    Monsieur de La Palice est mort
    Mort devant Pavie.
    Un quart d'heure avant sa mort
    Il était encore en vie...

Comment

Originally posted by undrgrndhx
      Do u think that the U.S should pull out of Iraq and stop losing troops. I personally think that we should keep the troops in Iraq just for the sake of controlling the middle east..

If the US stays there will be trouble and killing and if the US leaves there will be trouble and killing. I say that they help as much as they can and then get them selves out of there.

And if that dosen't work maybe we should just nuke them

Thanks for looking!!

Comment

LaPalice..that is interesting I have never heard of him..but if what u say is true that we should listen to him..Bush is extremly bigheaded so I do believe he would never take advice from anyone but his senior advisors..

Comment

The occupation army of Iraq is needed to destroy the third Islamic government that will pay for 9/11 so it is in our interest to pull out ASAP. We need to keep the war on idiots rolling, things in Iraq have slowed down and there isn't enough enemy body bags to justify those kinds of expenses. A sophisticated mechanized force is being wasted on patrolling streets that should be taken care of by ordinary policemen. We are enjoying total air superiority (LOL) over donkey carts loaded with RPGs. Obviously a situtation that needs to be concluded for reasons that require no further explanation.

It would be wise to set a fixed withdrawal date, maybe as soon as they declare their own constitution. They're already talking about it-the constitution deadline.
          Last edited by MonsterZero; 26 Nov 03, 18:29.

"Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a ugly brawl."
          --Frederick II, King of Prussia

Comment

if the us pulls out iraq will be in turmoil, civil war. and probably a new base for al quaida, and you dont want that in such an oil rich nation
            French Soldier: You don't frighten us, English pig dogs. Go and boil your bottoms, you sons of a silly person. I blow my nose at you, so-called "Arthur King," you and all your silly English K-nig-hts.

Comment

The US isn't going anywhere for sometime. There won't be a major withdraw until 2005 at the earliest.
              "There is no great genius without some touch of madness."

Seneca (5 BC - 65 AD)

Comment

It must be gaulling to the Administration to admit that the French were right all along...
                I have no problem at all with being proved wrong. Especially when being proved wrong leaves the world a better place, than being proved right...

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck
                  The US isn't going anywhere for sometime. There won't be a major withdraw until 2005 at the earliest.
                  This is quite accurate. The hope is to get be able to cut the number by 150,000 within 18 months. However, this is probably overly optimistic.

Originally posted by LaPalice
                  The Americans should ask this question to Jacques Chirac. Just before the war he warned Bush and the Americans that if the war would be easy, the peace would become a mess, and Iraq would be impossible to control. But the Americans thought they were smarter. In September, or something like that, Chirac said to the UN that the power should be given to the Iraqis the most early possible. The Americans laughed, saying that Chirac was stupid. But now the Americans say that it is necessary to give the power to the Iraqis without delay, the most early possible. So concerning the troops in Iraq, ask the solution to Monsieur Chirac, he certainly knows what to do.
                  This is true as well. The US current course was first proposed by Chirac some months ago.

Unfortunately, both sides are spending too much time laughing and secretly plotting (or appearing to) against one another. I can't say I am a fan of Chirac. The man is an idiot who wants to be like America without the power to back up all his tough talk. Behind closed doors, Chirac likely said one thing, while saying another publically. Now, he thinks he is in position to make serious moves.

I wish both sides would really stop and think about something more than their position in the history books. France, Germany, Great Britian, Russia (maybe) and the US need to hold meaningful talks immediately. I might be an alarmist, but I am gravely concerned about present conditions. I think the only way we can ensure the longterm TransAtlantic alliance is to reaffirm commitment to it immediately before future leaders become set in ideals, which could create problems.

I'm not worried about a war between the US and Europe. However, I do feel the alliance is critical to global stability. Fear drove the division between us. France and Germany were frightened of an American monolopy in the Middle East. America, in part fears France and Germany want to push us out of Europe and force our country to be it's muscle.

I have a fear. The fear of both the US and Europe paying so much attention to what we individually desire, we collective submit to those who truely wish us ill. I don't think the people of France or Germany wish us to suffer. Nor do I believe most Americans want to see France and Germany fear Americans to the point where they feel it must undermine our foriegn policy.

As I stated, I might be overreacting, but I am very concerned about the future. There is little talk and a hell of alot of posturing. Someone is going to *uck around and make a serious mistake that screws us all.
                  "As soon as men decide that all means are permitted to fight an evil, then their good becomes indistinguishable from the evil that they set out to destroy."-Christopher Dawson - The Judgement of Nations, 1942

Comment

Originally posted by undrgrndhx
                    LaPalice..that is interesting I have never heard of him..but if what u say is true that we should listen to him..Bush is extremly bigheaded so I do believe he would never take advice from anyone but his senior advisors..
                    Well, I don't know if it is necessary for the American to listen what the French say. But at the same time now the thing is done, and I would say now it is too late to give up, and the only possibility is to stay in Iraq. But at the same time the Americans troops may have a another attitude with the population. They seem to be not very friendly, not a lot. Of course, I am not sure if television is a good source, but when you see GIs patroling in the street in Baghdad, you can see them with a bulletproof jacket, a helmet, sun glasses..., as if they don't care about people. The iraqi civilians don't want to speak with guys like that. It seems that there is no link between the GI's and the population.

LaPalice.
                    Monsieur de La Palice est mort
                    Mort devant Pavie.
                    Un quart d'heure avant sa mort
                    Il était encore en vie...

Comment

Originally posted by Deltapooh
                      France, Germany, Great Britian, Russia (maybe) and the US need to hold meaningful talks immediately.
                      It's way too late for talks. Let's just say the world dropped the ball in the post-Cold War period. Get ready for the mess.
                      "There is no great genius without some touch of madness."

Seneca (5 BC - 65 AD)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                      X