There and Back Again: Warfare HQ Reports from Operation Iraqi Freedom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There and Back Again: Warfare HQ Reports from Operation Iraqi Freedom

I thought some of you might be interested in this stuff. I wish I could have taken better pictures, but I guess you get what you get.

http://www.warfarehq.com/articles/wa..._freedom.shtml
    Editor-in-Chief
    GameSquad.com

Great pictures Don.

Comment

Thanks for giving us a small taste, Don.

I guess I know what costume you'll NOT be wearing for trick or treating...
      I have no problem at all with being proved wrong. Especially when being proved wrong leaves the world a better place, than being proved right...

Comment

This is great Don. Thanks, it's really a good reading!

Comment

Don - You've good a lot good stories and can write well. Have you thought about writing a book?
          "There is no great genius without some touch of madness."

Seneca (5 BC - 65 AD)

Comment

That camel does look like a mean bastard.
            "Experience should teach us to be most on our guard to protect liberty when the government’s purposes are beneficent. Men born to freedom are naturally alert to repel invasion of their liberty by evil-minded rulers. The greatest dangers to liberty lurk in insidious encroachment by men of zeal, well-meaning but without understanding."

– Associate Justice Louis D. Brandeis, Olmstead vs. United States.

Comment

Great write up Don.
              Loved the pics.
              Scientists have announced they've discovered a cure for apathy. However no one has shown the slightest bit of interest !!

Comment

Yes, very interesting to read. And good pictures.

LaPalice.
                Monsieur de La Palice est mort
                Mort devant Pavie.
                Un quart d'heure avant sa mort
                Il était encore en vie...

Comment

Very nice writing up Don.
                  "As soon as men decide that all means are permitted to fight an evil, then their good becomes indistinguishable from the evil that they set out to destroy."-Christopher Dawson - The Judgement of Nations, 1942

Comment

Don, every time I read this kind of things, I am stunned by your talent... seriously, you might probably really consider a career of a journalist, you may make a great thing out of it!!
                    Attn to ALL my opponents:

If you sent me your turn and after 24 hours, you still did not get anything from me, please be sure to post in the forum to ask for what is going on.

Remember, I ALWAYS reply within 24 hours, even if I do NOT have time to play my turn, in which case I will at least send you email to tell you that I will have to play it later, but I DO receive your turn.

Comment

Thanks for those kind remarks gentlemen. In truth, I have not decided exactly what my second career is going to be yet. I am interested in going back to school for a while, possibly in a computer field. On the other hand, I don't want to spend the rest of my life staring at a monitor in a tiny cubicle.

I have also toyed with the idea of starting my own business. I've even considered starting my own game company or opening a store. There are a lot of possibilities out there. I'll be leaving Germany next week and flying back to to the US. Looks like New Orleans will be my home for a while, and after that I'll just go with the flow. It's going to be interesting.
                      Editor-in-Chief
                      GameSquad.com

Comment

Originally posted by Don Maddox
                        Thanks for those kind remarks gentlemen. In truth, I have not decided exactly what my second career is going to be yet. I am interested in going back to school for a while, possibly in a computer field. On the other hand, I don't want to spend the rest of my life staring at a monitor in a tiny cubicle.

I have also toyed with the idea of starting my own business. I've even considered starting my own game company or opening a store. There are a lot of possibilities out there. I'll be leaving Germany next week and flying back to to the US. Looks like New Orleans will be my home for a while, and after that I'll just go with the flow. It's going to be interesting.
                        hey, starting your own game company!! that is also the "most frequent daydreams" of mine!

But who can say it is impossible? some famous names like 3DO, Blizzard .. they all origined from big fan players..... Don, let us see

If you sent me your turn and after 24 hours, you still did not get anything from me, please be sure to post in the forum to ask for what is going on.

Remember, I ALWAYS reply within 24 hours, even if I do NOT have time to play my turn, in which case I will at least send you email to tell you that I will have to play it later, but I DO receive your turn.

Comment

Originally posted by Don Maddox
                          Looks like New Orleans will be my home for a while, and after that I'll just go with the flow. It's going to be interesting.
                          Orleans eh...Well geuss we won't hear from you for awhile after you get back......
                          "Have you forgotten the face of your father?"

Comment

On a related note I would like to mention something as I received a huge - and quite unexpected - flood of email about this article.

As I mentioned at the end of that article I decided to leave the Army a while back. The decision had nothing to do with Operation Iraqi Freedom. It was a very difficult decision based on the needs of my family. I was promoted to Master Sergeant E8 two days ago, and that was a great honor in addition to looking good on my resume. As of midnight last night I am now officially a civilian.

Start my own game company? I have seriously thought about this and I may be in a position where I can do that in the not-too-distant future. I have a lot of thinking to do before making such a move. More likely is that I would open a game store or small business of some type. We'll see.

I am currently located within walking distance of the D-Day museum, so l plan to spend some serious time there. We may do a Warfare HQ special from there.

So much to do, so little time.
                            Editor-in-Chief
                            GameSquad.com

Comment

So you mean, you are going to look for a job there? Or you will start to write things about D-day?

Anyway, in case of a game company (.. haha... I am just crazy about that .. ), though I am no good programmer, I have plenty of crazy ideas and probably a good tester

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X