Announcement

Collapse

New Site - PLEASE READ

Hello All,
My name is Ashley and I am the one that moved the forum to its new hosting location. This was done for security reasons and try to keep the forum from going down every other day. I understand that the new forum looks very different from the old one but I promise almost everything you had before you still have it might just be in a different place.

Items that are gone due to a limitation of the new hosting/ forum update:
- Awards
- Flags

As I was going thought your posts I was able to fix a lot fo the issues you were listing. Below is kind of a running list of issues an what is fixed and what I am still working on.

Items that I have fixed from your comments:
- Smilie are now working.
- Color/Theme changes
- Signature are now showing up. (Here is how to edit them https://screencast.com/t/OJHzzhiV1)
- Ranking is now showing up.
- Private messaging is now working.

Some issues I am still working on are:
- Missing items from the Calendar
- Like button the posts is giving an error.

One other note I have seen a lot is theme/color related items. I know this is important to all of you but at the moment the most important thing was getting you back a functioning forum with as many features I can get you back from before.

Theme/color is something we can change but it the moment I do not have the time and resources to fix all of the issue and design the site. I did do some theme updates yesterday but it is very time consuming. Please just be patient with the forum as we get it back to as close as I can to what you had before.

If anyone has any issues that they are running in to please let me know in the post below. Please give me as much detail as possible .
https://forums.armchairgeneral.com/forum/world-history-group-welcomes-you/armchair-general-magazine/5034776-new-site-please-read
See more
See less

Jimmy Carter 'distressed' by Gaza visit.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jimmy Carter 'distressed' by Gaza visit.

Former US President Jimmy Carter has said he had to "hold back tears" while viewing destruction on a visit to Gaza.

He is due to meet leaders from Hamas, which controls Gaza but is considered a terrorist group by western countries.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/8102631.stm

If you mess with the bull, you will get the horn.

What does Hamas expect? A hug?

But go ahead and weep jimmy, your good at that.

And don't forget the ritual hand wringing...

Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

tell the ole fool to go home.

Comment

YAWN!

John.
      The PLO claims ALL of Israel!!! There will and can NEVER be a "2 State solution".

Comment

Originally posted by Bwaha View Post
        Former US President Jimmy Carter has said he had to "hold back tears" while viewing destruction on a visit to Gaza.

He is due to meet leaders from Hamas, which controls Gaza but is considered a terrorist group by western countries.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/8102631.stm

If you mess with the bull, you will get the horn.

What does Hamas expect? A hug?
        Nope.
        1) Ground forces, aka "targets". Which they didn't really get.
        2) Israelis meeting out wholesale death and destruction on Gazans and their property in general, thus renwing the Hamas politcal lease for life with them. That they did get.

So the Hamas is still mostly intact, still in control, not going anywhere, and as usual its your ordinary Palestinian civy which gets to pay out of their own backs, to the Hamas and Israel alike.

Most ironic of all: All the munitions pelted on the tunnels into Gaza, which just momentarily disrupted traffic, since Gaza lives by the tunnels, meaning there's no way for Israel to shut down traffic in them, except momentarily.

And then it turns out there was after all room for an international bargain to attempt to intercept smuggling of munitions to Hamas well before it reached these tunnels. Which begs the question what the hell the big Israeli idea was all along? While simultaneously indicating that the main Israeli problem is that in order to get anything to work here, they need international help, and lots of it, since they now lack the means to deal with the situation on their own.

Comment

jimmy can go eat it...

Comment

Jimmy Carter is one of the people Robert Mugabe can thank for still having a job. The fact that he continues to carry relevancy with some people on that alone is scary.
            Delegate, MN GOP.

PATRIA SI, COMUNISMO NO

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/p...?id=1156276727

Comment

I would have thought that Gaza would have been distressed by Jimmy Carter's visit.
              Matthew 5:9 Blessed are the cheesemakers

That's right bitches. I'm blessed!

Comment

Carter should just go away. He was useless as a president and nothing but an Arab sympathizer now.
                Spineless men like him are more harm than good for Democracy.

Comment

*sigh*

Seriously, i personally thing its gotten to the point that both sides have done so much to mess things up that glassing the entire region and making it into the worlds largest radioactive car park is starting to sound like a good option.
                  Who we are is but a stepping stone to what we may become.

Comment

Originally posted by Greasel_burger View Post
                    Seriously, i personally thing its gotten to the point that both sides have done so much to mess things up that glassing the entire region and making it into the worlds largest radioactive car park is starting to sound like a good option.
                    Don't worry, you'll be in the same spot soon enough...

Comment

Originally posted by Greasel_burger View Post
                      *sigh*

Absolutely rediculous..."both sides". Let me ask ya something...if the terrorists (and Islamic countries) stopped attacking Israel what happens? Right, we would have peace over night.
                      Later - Tater
                      "Why I have a greater affinity to Israel than to the Muslim world after 9/11: Watching a death-match fight on Animal Planet once, I found myself instinctively rooting for the mammal over the reptile."

Comment

Jimmy Carter is too old to allow himself to get stressed over anything...he might just bust an artery. One can only hope...
                        Standing here, I realize you were just like me trying to make history.
                        But who's to judge the right from wrong.
                        When our guard is down I think we'll both agree.
                        That violence breeds violence.
                        But in the end it has to be this way.

Comment

Why didn't Jimmy mention anything about Hamas bulldozing Palestinian homes in Gaza and throwing women & children out on the streets?

When Israel knocks down the homes of Palestinian terrorists or demolishes Arab buildings constructed illegally in Jerusalem, the international community has a field day condemning their actions. But when Hamas is the one operating the bulldozers, the world is silent... The silence is deafening.

Hamas wrecks 'illegal' Gaza homes

Monday, 17 May 2010 17:23 UK

Hamas, the Palestinian movement which controls the Gaza Strip, has forced residents of a southern town from their homes and demolished their houses.
                          The radical Islamist group says people living at the edge of the town of Rafah had built their homes illegally on government land.
                          Witnesses said dozens of people were pushed out of their homes but Hamas says the number has been exaggerated.
                          Palestinians in Gaza have been angered by the demolitions.
                          Club-wielding Hamas policemen - and some female police officers wearing face-covering veils - forced people from their homes and then brought in bulldozers.
                          BBC Link
                          "Stand for the flag ~ Kneel for the fallen"

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

Comment

Armageddon is a radical Christian concept

Originally posted by Golani View Post
                            Don't worry, you'll be in the same spot soon enough...
                            ++++++++++++++++++++++++++
                            Not part of the Jewish tradition...
                            The trout who swims against the current gets the most oxygen..

Comment

I think Jimmy Carter should stay long enough to help rebuild a couple of the demolished buildings. Jimmy has experience building houses now. During that time Hamas can explain why they used the buildings to store munitions.

Pruitt
                              Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X