Israel kills Hamas top military leader, destroys Hamas Fajar missiles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Legionnaire66 View Post
    Let them have a total war, the winner Israel or Gaza goes the spoils. Honestly, let loose the dogs of war. Israel should end this once and for all.

If 150,000 people die today all the better, the horror of war will perhaps save the next 40 years and countless generations the horror of the current "peace."

I, and the world at large, are tired of hearing of this nonsense. Israel won its enlarged territory in a series of conflicts in which include a surprise attack and several defensive wars. The land is theirs. Palestinians-you LOST. Get over it. Instead of spending aid money on guns how about you start spending it on butter.

I am not jew nor arab.

I say, to the victor goes the spoils.

End this madness now Israel, no matter what the "world" opinion.
    They can't. Unlike the Palestinians, the Israeli economy requires world trade to survive.

That's another reason Hamas has the advantage of initiating combat at a time of their choosing. They survive on donations and the more ruckus they cause, the more money they stand to collect from sympathetic Muslims and probably not a few partisan westerners.
    Any metaphor will tear if stretched over too much reality.

Questions about our site? See the FAQ.

Comment

Dixi.

Beware of Occam's razor !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by RS116 View Post
        Agreed.......

BTW Dixie/whoever, the correct term is 'Occam's Razor'
        named for William of Occam
        Last edited by marktwain; 18 Nov 12, 09:46.
        The trout who swims against the current gets the most oxygen..

Comment

Originally posted by slick_miester View Post
          Wow. That's a pretty direct and clear statement.

In a word: yes. PIRA used people as shields because they allowed themselves to be used as shields -- "for the cause," don't you know. Likewise, thousands of Gazans have chosen to lie down with these Hamas dogs for the sole reason that they're not Jews. Therefore, they forfeit the right to be surprised when they get up with Hamas' fleas. Just because you take a swipe at me from behind your kid isn't going to stay my hand: I'm going to flatten you -- and anything that you've put in the way. The responsibility for the collateral damage lies with you, not me.

You've misunderstood: I'm a true anti-semite, in that I've come to loathe all who speak Semitic tongues. I can't stand native-Arabic speakers, and I feel the same way about native Hebrew-speakers -- but most especially those who insist on perpetuating this farce. Were it my call to make, I'd erect a giant fence around all of Israel/Palestine and let them all annihilate each other at their leisure. And any and all from the outside who want to "help" are out of their friggin' minds. They would be beaten about their heads with polo mallets.

Imagine fighting all of these years over a strip of sand that in the US would be used only as an atomic testing range. Morons.

But to call the one side "good" and the other "bad" is an insult to my intelligence. "It makes me very angry."
          I agree with you on the neither side is simply good or bad point, as well as the frustration with the ongoing nature of this conflict.

I disagree though with what you are saying about collateral damage, the response to attacks and so on. We cannot make sweeping generalisations about the sympathies of everyone in those areas.

As I said in my 'direct and clear' statement I have no time for groups like Hamas and especially their Islamist ideology. But I think it also time to realise that the organisation has changed somewhat in its outlook and is internally divided. However, it is being said by some that a ceasefire was being negotiated just prior to the killing of Ahmed Jabari. You have to ask why get rid of a guy who was reportedly interested in dealing with the rocket attacks.
          "Patriotism is your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it"
          G.B Shaw

"They promised us homes fit for heroes, they give us heroes fit for homes."
          Grandad, Only Fools and Horses

Comment

Originally posted by GCoyote View Post
            They can't. Unlike the Palestinians, the Israeli economy requires world trade to survive.
            And doesn't the economy of Hamas require trade with Israel to survive?
            The First Amendment applies to SMS, Emails, Blogs, online news, the Fourth applies to your cell phone, computer, and your car, but the Second only applies to muskets?

Comment

Originally posted by Hida Akechi View Post
              And doesn't the economy of Hamas require trade with Israel to survive?
              The economy of Hamas ?

I suspect they're doing just fine - I'm fairly sure they collect some sort of Tax since they're the government of Gaza after all.

I'm sure SA, Iran and any number of private sponsors happily provide them with foreign currency - on the condition it's spent for suitable purposes like buying rockets and explosives etc.

Israel supplies food, electricity and water etc - I doubt Hamas does is much interested in trading, even if they were what would they sell ?
              Lambert of Montaigu - Crusader.

Bolgios - Mercenary Game.

Comment

Well, I meant Gaza of course, not the terrorists running things. My apologies.

It would seem to me that if Israel were to suffer sanctions of any sort (affecting her economy) then those in Gaza would suffer as well from it.
                The First Amendment applies to SMS, Emails, Blogs, online news, the Fourth applies to your cell phone, computer, and your car, but the Second only applies to muskets?

Comment

I believe Israel only 'supplies' power and water per previous agreements. Other goods have to be landed in Israel or Egypt and then trucked into Gaza because of the blockade. Although given the stockpiles of arms Hamas has been able to acquire, the blockade may be something Israel is willing to negotiate on as it does not seem to be having the desired effect.

Comment

I'm fairly sure they'll send food, even one child dying of malnutrition in Gaza would be disasterous for the Israeli diplomatic effort.
                    Lambert of Montaigu - Crusader.

Bolgios - Mercenary Game.

Comment

• Originally posted by GCoyote View Post
                      I believe Israel only 'supplies' power and water per previous agreements. Other goods have to be landed in Israel or Egypt and then trucked into Gaza because of the blockade. Although given the stockpiles of arms Hamas has been able to acquire, the blockade may be something Israel is willing to negotiate on as it does not seem to be having the desired effect.
                      Israel would normalize relations in a heartbeat with Gaza if it meant no more rocket attacks or Iranian proxy influence. But that ain't gonna happen, because Gaza doesn't have the organisation politically to agree to anything and Israel doesn't have the strength to fix it on their own. The United States does not act and so the problem will drift, with each year there being a chance that Israel will become more isolated as fence powers like Turkey and Egypt are slowly made more hostile.

Comment

• To make an agreement stick, Hamas would probably have to disarm all of the smaller groups like Palestinian Islamic Jihad, etc. Probably at gun point.

While that would give them more credibility in negotiations, it would at the same time rob them of deniability when they wanted 'a few' rockets lobbed over the fence as a reminder that they are still there. Also consider that many of the smaller groups can get their own funding through the convoluted web of donations and fundamentalist patrons that riddles the Middle East. So IHMO it won't happen.

Comment

• All this back and forth is getting tiresome. I hope whoever started all this is found and meted justice.
                          "We have no white flag."

Comment

• Originally posted by Glenn239 View Post
                            Israel would normalize relations in a heartbeat with Gaza if it meant no more rocket attacks or Iranian proxy influence. But that ain't gonna happen, because Gaza doesn't have the organisation politically to agree to anything and Israel doesn't have the strength to fix it on their own. The United States does not act and so the problem will drift, with each year there being a chance that Israel will become more isolated as fence powers like Turkey and Egypt are slowly made more hostile.
                            a normal Israeli governmetn would, Glen.
                            The Netanyahu government is not 'normal'
                            The Negev is a racial tinderbox,& Hamas is making a cynical play for regional power .
                            The trout who swims against the current gets the most oxygen..

Comment

• Originally posted by marktwain View Post
                              The Negev is a racial tinderbox,& Hamas is making a cynical play for regional power .
                              And your definition of a normal government is --?
                              You, the mothers, who sent their sons from faraway countries wipe away your tears; your sons are now lying in our bosom and are in peace, after having lost their lives on this land they have become our sons as well.

-- Ataturk

Comment

• Originally posted by marktwain View Post
                                Another lie.
                                Any Israel government had a problem with HAMAS.
                                Operation Cast Lead ( 2008) did not happened on the
                                Netanyahu watch.

http://middleeast.about.com/od/c/g/O...-Cast-Lead.htm
                                Dixi.

Beware of Occam's razor !!!!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X