No announcement yet.

Israel kills Hamas top military leader, destroys Hamas Fajar missiles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But what does it take for the media to sit up and take notice of the security situation emanating from Gaza?
    Pierce Morgan asked that question of the Israeli ambassador last night and got a bunch of gibberish in reply. Iíve said it on this site a dozen times, Gaza has to be occupied by NATO and policed back to normalcy. The status quo just ainít working, kids.

Comment

I really don't understand your obsession with inserting NATO into a conflict well outside its charter and in which not a single member is interested in becoming involved.

NATO involvement in Libya was a massive stretch and as a result only some of the member states chose to participate. Turkey, as a member has a right to request assistance in self defense against Syrian incursions and so far that is all they have asked for. Israel vs. [fill in the blank] is a no-win situation in which none of the participants are willing to negotiate on what the other side wants most. Inserting NATO troops in this pile of is not something anyone is going to sign up for.
      Any metaphor will tear if stretched over too much reality.

Questions about our site? See the FAQ.

Comment

Originally posted by Hida Akechi View Post
        This made me laugh so hard I think I broke something. I won't say it's the stupidest thing I've read here, but it's close.

But, to counter it...no wait, it's so stupid it counters itself. And Crackshot pretty much summed up how to treat stalin's posts.
        Personally I was just going to ignore it: it's such a worthless post it's not even worth a real response.

Although I kinda broke that rule with this post. Damn.

Comment

Originally posted by GCoyote View Post
          I really don't understand your obsession with inserting NATO into a conflict well outside its charter and in which not a single member is interested in becoming involved.
          Then I would recommend you get an MRI, because anyone can see there is no entity in the whole ME that can solve the Gaza problem. By process of elimination, that leaves the United States.

NATO involvement in Libya was a massive stretch and as a result only some of the member states chose to participate.
          If you understood the bankrupcy of your original claim as to the NATO charter - as it pertained to the NATO intervention in Libya - then why did you even bother posting in the first place?

Comment

Originally posted by Glenn239 View Post
            Then I would recommend you get an MRI, because anyone can see there is no entity in the whole ME that can solve the Gaza problem. By process of elimination, that leaves the United States.
            Logical fallacy. Just because no one else can do it, it does not follow that NATO/US is willing to do it. The Palestinians will not accept an Israel larger than the pre-1967 borders, American troops will never be employed to force Israelis off the land they currently occupy. That is a logical gap you have yet to leap.
            Any metaphor will tear if stretched over too much reality.

Questions about our site? See the FAQ.

Comment

Logical fallacy. Just because no one else can do it, it does not follow that NATO/US is willing to do it. The Palestinians will not accept an Israel larger than the pre-1967 borders, American troops will never be employed to force Israelis off the land they currently occupy. That is a logical gap you have yet to leap.
              HAMAS will not accept Israel any borders
              and no international force will be able
              to make them to do it.
              Dixi.

Beware of Occam's razor !!!!

Comment

Pierce Morgan asked that question of the Israeli ambassador last night and got a bunch of gibberish in reply. Iíve said it on this site a dozen times, Gaza has to be occupied by NATO and policed back to normalcy. The status quo just ainít working, kids.
                And in couple of month they will replace Israel as a legitimate target.
                Look on UN force in the South Lebanon.
                It is useless, quite feared crowd.
                Dixi.

Beware of Occam's razor !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Gixxer86g View Post
                  I'm not going to repost your entire quote.

Just because I see the world for what it is, doesn't mean I like it. We may not be simple beasts, but we are animals. You just choose to ignore what is going on all around you. We may evolve on an individual level, but as a whole the animal still manifests itself all around the world.

We have our values, our enemies have theirs. That is reality. Our previous president thought he could impose our values on Iraq, and look what happened. We are still attempting to impose our values on Afghanistan, and look what is happening.

Normandy and Nanking have nothing in common. However, there are other comparisons that could be made from the same era that are valid. Dresden, Tallin, etc. And yes, they were justified. History is written by the winners. And these are all examples of the human animal. But this is much more severe than civilians killed because their "freedom fighters" set up a mortar in their backyard.

I honestly wish we were as evolved as a species as you would like to believe. Unfortunately the wolf is still out there.
                  Hey, I posted my response in a new thread HERE so my big ol' blocks of text don't take the thread any further off topic.

And others who want to chime in about morality and such should feel free to head over there if they want to discuss such things so we don't hijack the thread.

Comment

Originally posted by craven View Post
                    if israel starts killing the Palestians inside Israel as a matter of policy you might have a point.

Otherwise it is war and unless both sides play by the same set of rules there are no rules.

was what occurred in WW2 on the allied side genocide or a military policy to end the war. I believe the latter so if Israel is forced to do the same thing then it is the fault of the Palestians.
                    The original post about genocide advocated the destruction of every building and an extermination of the population. As for both sides and rules out of curiousity when was the start date of this conflict because all sides have used terrorism and atrocities to further their goals.
                    "Patriotism is your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it"
                    G.B Shaw

"They promised us homes fit for heroes, they give us heroes fit for homes."
                    Grandad, Only Fools and Horses

Comment

NATO involvement in Libya was a massive stretch and as a result only some of the member states chose to participate. Turkey, as a member has a right to request assistance in self defense against Syrian incursions and so far that is all they have asked for. Israel vs. [fill in the blank] is a no-win situation in which none of the participants are willing to negotiate on what the other side wants most. Inserting NATO troops in this pile of is not something anyone is going to sign up for.
                      NATO is often used because when people want a supranational organization involved but have expressed dissatisfaction or disgust with the UN (or supranational organizations in general) some time in the past. Which is a bit funny, really.

Comment

How would NATO do that? Presumably the core issue of statehood and territory has to be resolved, which NATO does not have the means to accomplish. NATO then simply becomes another force on the ground pointing guns at people and inevitably gets drawn in as a combatant.
                        "Patriotism is your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it"
                        G.B Shaw

"They promised us homes fit for heroes, they give us heroes fit for homes."
                        Grandad, Only Fools and Horses

Comment

Originally posted by Sergio View Post
                          The original post about genocide advocated the destruction of every building and an extermination of the population. As for both sides and rules out of curiousity when was the start date of this conflict because all sides have used terrorism and atrocities to further their goals.
                          Yep and if you use terrorism and lose then you get killed. If a Govt uses terrorism then it gets wiped out if the govt does not stop and since the govt is the people they get wiped out or they make there govt stop.

It a basic principle of war. Beat on them until they cry uncle. I would not want to see the Palestians wiped out but it is up to them to make something of themselves.

the rest of the world ie the west has to accept the consequence of the various acts our govts do so why do not the Palestians. As I told you before if someone in the west attacked another country they would be held responsible individually. If they are not then the country get held responsible

Comment

Either that or have Israel annex the whole Gaza Strip and bus all the Pals. into Egypt and Jordan. Let them enjoy their peculiar neighborliness for a generation or two.
                            "Profanity is but a linguistic crutch for illiterate motherbleepers"

Comment

Just...stop.
                              Do you have anything meaningful to say?
                              ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

BLACK MOTORCYCLES MATTER!

Comment

Let them have a total war, the winner Israel or Gaza goes the spoils. Honestly, let loose the dogs of war. Israel should end this once and for all.

If 150,000 people die today all the better, the horror of war will perhaps save the next 40 years and countless generations the horror of the current "peace."

I, and the world at large, are tired of hearing of this nonsense. Israel won its enlarged territory in a series of conflicts in which include a surprise attack and several defensive wars. The land is theirs. Palestinians-you LOST. Get over it. Instead of spending aid money on guns how about you start spending it on butter.

I am not jew nor arab.

I say, to the victor goes the spoils.

End this madness now Israel, no matter what the "world" opinion.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X