Israel kills Hamas top military leader, destroys Hamas Fajar missiles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Israel kills Hamas top military leader, destroys Hamas Fajar missiles

In a precise targeted attack early today (Wednesday), the Israel Defense Force (IDF) killed Ahmad Jabari, the top military leader of Hamas. Jabari ran the organization’s armed wing, called the Izz el-Deen Al-Qassam.
    http://www.homelandsecuritynewswire....fajar-missiles
    Any metaphor will tear if stretched over too much reality.

Questions about our site? See the FAQ.

"Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

From that link:

The Israeli early morning strikes also included attacks about twenty or so targets across the Gaza Strip. These attacks inflicted a heavy blow on Hamas’s military capabilities by destroying most of Hamas’s most threatening weapons – the mid-range Fajar missiles Hamas received from Iran and with which the organization could attack Tel Aviv and other cities in central Israel.
      Within hours of the assassination of the Hamas commander, the IDF released video of the strike.

I'd love to know how the Israelis get such accurate targeting information.

Philip
      "The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts."— Bertrand Russell

Comment

The answer to your question is here Phil...

http://www.iai.co.il/22031-en/Homepage.aspx

Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

Well, he won't be missed.

I for one would like to see Israel systematically destroy every Hamas leader and operative they can get their hands on.

Obviously these people grow like cancer cells, but killing a terrorist every Sunday at least would be a great way to start the week.
          You, the mothers, who sent their sons from faraway countries wipe away your tears; your sons are now lying in our bosom and are in peace, after having lost their lives on this land they have become our sons as well.

-- Ataturk

Comment

As Hamas retaliates with hundreds of rocket attacks, Israel needs to force those Lame Stream Media types to live in ground zero with their civilians for the next several days before they obliterate the section of Gaza where those rockets are being launched from.
            “Breaking News,”

“Something irrelevant in your life just happened and now we are going to blow it all out of proportion for days to keep you distracted from what's really going on.”

Comment

Very good news.

Comment

Good news, but it's all kicking off now!

Comment

I say I want a winner. Let them fight until both say they will never fight again or one side is dead. That is preferable to the never-ending violence and terror both sides are subjected to.

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                    I say I want a winner. Let them fight until both say they will never fight again or one side is dead. That is preferable to the never-ending violence and terror both sides are subjected to.
                    Bit of a contradiction there, don't you think?
                    You, the mothers, who sent their sons from faraway countries wipe away your tears; your sons are now lying in our bosom and are in peace, after having lost their lives on this land they have become our sons as well.

-- Ataturk

Comment

Originally posted by Crackshot View Post
                      Bit of a contradiction there, don't you think?
                      No, if they fight once all out, no holds barred, until they are finished it is over and probably over in a matter of months at most. Yes, there will be huge numbers of casualties and tremedous property destruction but the war is finished and done. No more generational warfare dragging on for decades and even centuries. No more wanting revenge for some act one or the other side carried out.

Done. One side dead or both sides so worn out by fighting they decide it is never worth doing again.

Now, that probably means the Palestinians are wiped out as an ethnic group and the Israelis occupy every square inch of their territory but that's fine with me. If the Palestinians win that's fine too. I want a winner. One war, one fight, and it's done.

Comment

Published on Nov 15, 2012 by RussiaToday

The Israeli military released footage showing what it said was its air force targeting Hamas Fajr missile infrastructure in the Gaza Strip in an airstrike. A day earlier Israeli Defense Minister Ehud Barak told reporters that most of Hamas' Fajr missiles were destroyed in the first hour of the Israeli army's assault on the Gaza Strip.

Philip
                        "The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts."— Bertrand Russell

Comment

Yep if someone was lobbing missiles at me on a daily basis I would go to war with them.

I think its time for Israel to clear gaza and send the refuges to the west bank. And if they still cause trouble kick them out of there.
                          Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

Israel just announced they were calling up over 30,000 of their Reservists for immediate military service. Sounds like the Palestinians are going to get righteously thumped-on. Get some Israel!!.
                            "Profanity is but a linguistic crutch for illiterate motherbleepers"

Comment

Rockets hit near Tel Aviv as Gaza death toll rises

By Nidal al-Mughrabi | Reuters – 1 hr 46 mins ago

GAZA (Reuters) - Two rockets fired from the Gaza Strip targeted Tel Aviv on Thursday in the first attack on Israel's commercial capital in 20 years, raising the stakes in a showdown between Israel and the Palestinians that is moving toward all-out war.
                              http://news.yahoo.com/israel-hammers...004808421.html

The article suggests one motivation for the timing of Hamas attacks. The government in Egypt is still relatively weak. A new round of fighting puts the Palestinians back in the news and provides their supporters in Egypt with rhetorical ammunition to use in levering the government into a change of policy towards Hamas, then Gaza, and eventually Israel.
                              Any metaphor will tear if stretched over too much reality.

Questions about our site? See the FAQ.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X