Palestinian refugees seek basic rights in Lebanon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Discrimination against Israeli Arab, the segregated school system:

.....The children in this parallel school system are Israeli citizens of Palestinian Arab origin. Their schools are a world apart in quality from the public schools serving Israelís majority Jewish population. Often overcrowded and understaffed, poorly built, badly maintained, or simply unavailable, schools for Palestinian Arab children offer fewer facilities and educational opportunities than are offered other Israeli children.....
    If true, they could solve the problem the way the Moslems do. Kick out the girls.
    "The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made."
    ó Groucho Marx

Comment

Originally posted by kelt06 View Post
      Tater, re-read my message #69:

Check the difference between "may be on your trail" and "is on your trail".
      Oh please, it is obvious what you were attempting to imply.

And re-read the Bad Wolf warnings......
      "Attack the idea - not the person."
      "Anyone else?"
      Sounds more like he is talking to you.

BTW, I wonder how Bad Wolf would feel about you using his post to conduct what amounts to a personal attack?

Anyway, I think you have demonstrated who can be trusted on this particular topic...I seriously doubt Golani would stoop so low.
      Later - Tater
      "Why I have a greater affinity to Israel than to the Muslim world after 9/11: Watching a death-match fight on Animal Planet once, I found myself instinctively rooting for the mammal over the reptile."

Comment

The point missed here is they do have schools and it is up to the Arab children how far they go. It is up to the school to function. It ain't the building, it is the people working there. I was the product of a system that was overcrowded, understaffed, and under-equipped. The new stuff was always given to the other side of town. I am not talking about Black Schools either. They got less than us.

There will always be better schools for other people. People can correct this by donating time and themselves to the poor schools to solve the problem. I am sure that if someone would point Kelt in the proper direction he would gladly donate time and money to help these Arab schools out. Too bad some Saudi Princes do not contribute as well.

Pruitt
        Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

Originally posted by Pruitt View Post
          The point missed here is they do have schools and it is up to the Arab children how far they go. It is up to the school to function. It ain't the building, it is the people working there. I was the product of a system that was overcrowded, understaffed, and under-equipped. The new stuff was always given to the other side of town. I am not talking about Black Schools either. They got less than us.

There will always be better schools for other people. People can correct this by donating time and themselves to the poor schools to solve the problem. I am sure that if someone would point Kelt in the proper direction he would gladly donate time and money to help these Arab schools out. Too bad some Saudi Princes do not contribute as well.

Pruitt
          Pruitt,

The point you missed is that the Israeli School system is supposed to provide equal treatment to all Israeli kids be they Jewish, Muslims Druzes or Christians, and it has failed badly to do so.

We are not discussing about schools in the occupied territories but within Israel towards its citizen !

kelt
          Last edited by kelt06; 07 Jul 10, 11:34.

Comment

The point I am making also is the school systems in the US also are supposed to provide an equal education to everyone. The result is also an unequal allocation of resources. Districts with a large tax base provide wonderful buildings in air conditioned comfort, first run textbooks and lots of teacher supplies. It boils down to tax support.

When I earned my teaching degree in 1997, I was given a list of the school districts in Louisiana. My school district was the highest paid in this part of the state with a starting teacher salary of about $22,500 a year. St Helena Parish SD just East Of Baton Rouge was offering a starting salary of $15,000. It was the lowest salary in the state. There was no industry to tax to pay for the schooling. My school district has the tax base to fund much better schooling.

Even then several minority schools in my district are failing. Why are they doing this? Federal desegregation court rulings provide for minority parents to be able to transfer their children to better performing schools. That has left these neighborhood minority schools with the least of the performing students.

One could make the same argument that certain school districts in my state were also not providing equal treatment of all its citizens.

What I suggested is that if concerned people saw a disparity in the way Israel funds schools for its ethnic minorities, they could get together and raise money to improve these facilities. Since you are the one bringing up the subject of this discrimination Kelt, are you going to help fix it?

Pruitt
            Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

What I suggested is that if concerned people saw a disparity in the way Israel funds schools for its ethnic minorities, they could get together and raise money to improve these facilities. Since you are the one bringing up the subject of this discrimination Kelt, are you going to help fix it?

I''l send a check to the IG if kelt will.

Comment

Israeli Arab school discrimination

Originally posted by Pruitt View Post
                The point I am making also is the school systems in the US also are supposed to provide an equal education to everyone. The result is also an unequal allocation of resources. Districts with a large tax base provide wonderful buildings in air conditioned comfort, first run textbooks and lots of teacher supplies. It boils down to tax support.

When I earned my teaching degree in 1997, I was given a list of the school districts in Louisiana. My school district was the highest paid in this part of the state with a starting teacher salary of about $22,500 a year. St Helena Parish SD just East Of Baton Rouge was offering a starting salary of $15,000. It was the lowest salary in the state. There was no industry to tax to pay for the schooling. My school district has the tax base to fund much better schooling.

Even then several minority schools in my district are failing. Why are they doing this? Federal desegregation court rulings provide for minority parents to be able to transfer their children to better performing schools. That has left these neighborhood minority schools with the least of the performing students.

One could make the same argument that certain school districts in my state were also not providing equal treatment of all its citizens.

Pruitt
                Pruitt,

I have made my point here, Golani denied that the Israeli Arabs were discriminated and it has been established that it's false.
                Making people aware that there is a discrimination it's one step towards fixing the problem, thanks for your participation.

kelt

Comment

wait.. wait.. wait.. Kelt ya still gonna send the check right? right?

Come on Kelt you can afford a few euros' to help out here.

Man up for God's sake Kelt.

This is a critical issue your allegeding that requires financial redress.

Immediately!

Unite!

Come my brother, we'll get a news guy to photo us, arm in arm, with checks in hand.

I know to support these kids ya gotta be in. Eh? Kelt er. you still there Kelt?

Ah probably just went to get the checkbook all is well.

Comment

Amazing how a thread about the ARAB treatment of "Palestinian refugees" gets turned into an anti-Israel propaganda smear . Robert

"Pan-Arabs, Nationalists, Muslims, liberals, and Hezbollah are pushing to allow the Palestinians the right to own property and work in Lebanon. Palestinians are not allowed certain jobs such as governmental one and over 70 other professions as well.

Maronite Christian parties are worried that integrating the Palestinians into Lebanon would tip the demographics and political power in favor of Muslims due to the fact that the majority of the Palestinians are Muslims as well as straining the countries job market and resources.

Many of Lebanonís citizens are worried that this conflict could stir up a second civil war that ended in 1990 which many Lebanese did not know what to do with the refugees fleeing then. Many feel that the country should not be dragged into regional conflict.

Kataeb militants in the 80ís had collaborated with Israel against the Palestinian influx which resulted in the Sabra and Shatilla refugee massacres in 1982, which took the lives of several hundred innocent Palestinian refugees.

Citizens of Lebanon argue that the integration of Palestinians would increase unemployment as Palestinians would compete in the job market.

Lebanon as well as the Arab world has a bad track record when it comes to the treatment of refugees. Lebanon is not a signatory to the international convention on refugees and immigrants and the country consequently has insufficient laws protecting migrant workers."

http://english.pnn.ps/index.php?opti...8417&Itemid=67
                    For the first time I have seen "History" at close quarters,and I know that its actual process is very different from what is presented to Posterity. - WWI General Max Hoffman

Comment

Originally posted by JCFalkenbergIII View Post
                      Amazing how a thread about the ARAB treatment of "Palestinian refugees" gets turned into an anti-Israel propaganda smear . Robert

"Pan-Arabs, Nationalists, Muslims, liberals, and Hezbollah are pushing to allow the Palestinians the right to own property and work in Lebanon. Palestinians are not allowed certain jobs such as governmental one and over 70 other professions as well.

Maronite Christian parties are worried that integrating the Palestinians into Lebanon would tip the demographics and political power in favor of Muslims due to the fact that the majority of the Palestinians are Muslims as well as straining the countries job market and resources.

Many of Lebanonís citizens are worried that this conflict could stir up a second civil war that ended in 1990 which many Lebanese did not know what to do with the refugees fleeing then. Many feel that the country should not be dragged into regional conflict.

Kataeb militants in the 80ís had collaborated with Israel against the Palestinian influx which resulted in the Sabra and Shatilla refugee massacres in 1982, which took the lives of several hundred innocent Palestinian refugees.

Citizens of Lebanon argue that the integration of Palestinians would increase unemployment as Palestinians would compete in the job market.

Lebanon as well as the Arab world has a bad track record when it comes to the treatment of refugees. Lebanon is not a signatory to the international convention on refugees and immigrants and the country consequently has insufficient laws protecting migrant workers."

http://english.pnn.ps/index.php?opti...8417&Itemid=67
                      Noticed that did you.

Ah well I guess there's no photo op for me and Kelt.

to ya Robert.

Comment

Originally posted by Thunder Dome View Post

I''l send a check to the IG if kelt will.
                        That squealing sound is kelty leaving skid marks as he burns rubber out of this thread.
                        Later - Tater
                        "Why I have a greater affinity to Israel than to the Muslim world after 9/11: Watching a death-match fight on Animal Planet once, I found myself instinctively rooting for the mammal over the reptile."

Comment

Originally posted by Tater View Post
                          That squealing sound is kelty leaving skid marks as he burns rubber out of this thread.
                          Tater,

Remember the Big Bad Wolf warning : "Attack the idea - not the person."

kelt

Comment

Yup and as you were first to jack the thread and continue to jack it; you might consider walking warily as well.

Comment

Originally posted by kelt06 View Post
                              Tater,

Remember the Big Bad Wolf warning : "Attack the idea - not the person."

kelt
                              I was attacking the idea...IOW, talk is cheap, actions speak louder than words. Someone suggested a way to help and you ghosted. That is not personal, that is just the facts.

BTW, looking at the body of our posts on these forums...I would say you need to pay just as close attention to his admonition as I or anyone else.
                              Later - Tater

Comment

Originally posted by Thunder Dome View Post
                                Noticed that did you.

Ah well I guess there's no photo op for me and Kelt.

to ya Robert.
                                Thanks Thunder Dome . And a to you too. Robert
                                For the first time I have seen "History" at close quarters,and I know that its actual process is very different from what is presented to Posterity. - WWI General Max Hoffman

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X