Palestinian refugees seek basic rights in Lebanon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jonathanrex1 View Post
    Well there was the British Mandate of Palestine which was once a former Ottoman province but it was not a country.
    Exactly and before Ottomans were Mameluks, before them Crusaders, Seljuk Turks, Umayid Arabs, Eastern Romans, classical Romans and well Jews. But no Palestinians as people, nation or state. Still it won't deter the western hamas lovers/islam apololegists/usefall idiots.
    Kosovo is Serbian.
    I support United Jerusalem as the capital of Israel.
    Behead those who say Islam is violent!

Comment

You forgot the Neanderthals, they were there first and stayed there for a looooong time.

´
      “You need to help people. I know it's not very Republican to say but you need to help people.” DONALD TRUMP, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by kelt06 View Post
        A liar desserve no respect, just two of the latest fairy tales from Golani:

Golani lies when writing that the Arab israelis have equal rights
        I did some checking on my own and this is what I found. I find Golani to be truthful. This is just my personal conclusion, of course.

Human Rights in Israel and the Territories
        By Mitchell G. Bard

MYTH:

"Israel discriminates against its Arab citizens."

FACT:

Israel is one of the most open societies in the world. Out of a population of 6.7 million, about 1.3 million — 20 percent of the population — are non-Jews (approximately 1.1 million Muslims, 130,000 Christians and 100,000 Druze).1

Arabs in Israel have equal voting rights; in fact, it is one of the few places in the Middle East where Arab women may vote. Arabs currently hold 8 seats in the 120-seat Knesset. Israeli Arabs have also held various government posts, including one who served as Israel's ambassador to Finland and the current deputy mayor of Tel Aviv. Oscar Abu Razaq was appointed Director General of the Ministry of Interior, the first Arab citizen to become chief executive of a key government ministry. Ariel Sharon's original cabinet included the first Arab minister, Salah Tarif, a Druze who served as a minister without portfolio. An Arab is also a Supreme Court justice.

Arabic, like Hebrew, is an official language in Israel. More than 300,000 Arab children attend Israeli schools. At the time of Israel's founding, there was one Arab high school in the country. Today, there are hundreds of Arab schools.2

In 2002, the Israeli Supreme Court also ruled that the government cannot allocate land based on religion or ethnicity, and may not prevent Arab citizens from living wherever they choose.2a

The sole legal distinction between Jewish and Arab citizens of Israel is that the latter are not required to serve in the Israeli army. This is to spare Arab citizens the need to take up arms against their brethren. Nevertheless, Bedouins have served in paratroop units and other Arabs have volunteered for military duty. Compulsory military service is applied to the Druze and Circassian communities at their own request.

Some economic and social gaps between Israeli Jews and Arabs result from the latter not serving in the military. Veterans qualify for many benefits not available to non-veterans. Moreover, the army aids in the socialization process.

On the other hand, Arabs do have an advantage in obtaining some jobs during the years Israelis are in the military. In addition, industries like construction and trucking have come to be dominated by Israeli Arabs.

Although Israeli Arabs have occasionally been involved in terrorist activities, they have generally behaved as loyal citizens. During the 1967, 1973 and 1982 wars, none engaged in any acts of sabotage or disloyalty. Sometimes, in fact, Arabs volunteered to take over civilian functions for reservists. During the outbreak of violence in the territories that began in September 2000, Israeli Arabs for the first time engaged in widespread protests with some violence.

The United States has been independent for almost 230 years and still has not integrated all of its diverse communities. Even today, 60 years after civil rights legislation was adopted, discrimination has not been eradicated. It should not be surprising that Israel has not solved all of its social problems in only 57 years.

LINK
        "Stand for the flag ~ Kneel for the fallen"

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

Comment

[QUOTE=Persephone;1532482]I did some checking on my own and this is what I found. I find Golani to be truthful. This is just my personal conclusion, of course.

Very thruthful, indeed:

here are two links about the discrimination against Israeli Arab citizen:

A survey by Prof. Sami Smooha of the University of Haifa of Israel looking at relations and coexistence between Jews and Arabs was published by Ha'aretz newspaper in May 2010 and presented to the Knesset within the context of the deterioration of such relations over the past decade. The poll revealed that 48% of Israel's Arab citizens are dissatisfied with their lives in the Jewish state, compared to 35% in 2003; the number of Arabs who are not willing to befriend Jews has doubled and, perhaps most seriously, 62% of Israeli Arabs fear "transfer" (forced migration or, as it has been called, "ethnic cleansing"), compared to just 6% who expressed that fear in 2003. It is also noted that 40% of the respondents expressed their distrust of Israel's judiciary system while almost 41% supported an Arab boycott of Knesset elections.

http://www.middleeastmonitor.org.uk/...-arab-citizens

Israel's 1.37 million Arab citizens vote, pay taxes and speak Hebrew, yet suffer pervasive discrimination, unequal allocation of resources and violation of their legal rights. Housing, education, and income all substantially lag that of the Jewish majority. Only 3 percent of the land in Israel proper is owned by Arabs; permits are rarely granted to Arab families to expand their housing; and most Jewish towns and neighborhoods remain off-limits.

http://www.nif.org/issue-areas/israeli-arabs/

Another Golani lie:

He claims that Israel did not ban the export of goods from Gaza, arguing that Gaza produced only rockets and human bombers but no marketable goods.

Check that for yourself.

kelt

Comment

Originally posted by Persephone View Post
            I did some checking on my own and this is what I found. I find Golani to be truthful. This is just my personal conclusion, of course.

Human Rights in Israel and the Territories
            By Mitchell G. Bard

MYTH:

"Israel discriminates against its Arab citizens."

FACT:

......Arabic, like Hebrew, is an official language in Israel. More than 300,000 Arab children attend Israeli schools. At the time of Israel's founding, there was one Arab high school in the country. Today, there are hundreds of Arab schools.2.....

LINK
            Discrimination against Israeli Arab, the segregated school system:

.....The children in this parallel school system are Israeli citizens of Palestinian Arab origin. Their schools are a world apart in quality from the public schools serving Israel’s majority Jewish population. Often overcrowded and understaffed, poorly built, badly maintained, or simply unavailable, schools for Palestinian Arab children offer fewer facilities and educational opportunities than are offered other Israeli children.....

http://mazinx.wordpress.com/discrimi...raels-schools/

Originally posted by Persephone View Post
            [.....In 2002, the Israeli Supreme Court also ruled that the government cannot allocate land based on religion or ethnicity, and may not prevent Arab citizens from living wherever they choose.2a.....
            LINK

Please take time to browse through this PDF on Israel supreme court rulings in favor of minorities that are totally disregarded by the Israeli Government.

kelt
            Last edited by kelt06; 07 Jul 10, 06:44.

Comment

A liar desserve no respect...
              I notice very few people show you much respect around here...
              Later - Tater
              "Why I have a greater affinity to Israel than to the Muslim world after 9/11: Watching a death-match fight on Animal Planet once, I found myself instinctively rooting for the mammal over the reptile."

Comment

Originally posted by Tater View Post
                I notice very few people show you much respect around here...::

Tater, you don't even notice when you are rebuked, so you sensiblity is questionable!

In any cases it's the quality of the company that count, not the quantity, and I'm happy with that, by the way, do you still feel being stalked, Tater ?

kelt
                Last edited by kelt06; 07 Jul 10, 09:07.

Comment

It's the quality of the company that count, not the quantity, and I'm happy with that, by the way, do you still feel being stalked, Tater ?
                  Are you staying current?
                  Later - Tater
                  "Why I have a greater affinity to Israel than to the Muslim world after 9/11: Watching a death-match fight on Animal Planet once, I found myself instinctively rooting for the mammal over the reptile."

Comment

Are you staying current?
                    Tater, the Big Bad Wolf may be on your trail, beware.........

Originally posted by Bad Wolf View Post
                    But you have been warned about name calling and personal attacks.
                    I'm not here because of the views expressed in this thread. I'm here because of the way they are expressed in a number of threads.
                    Attack the idea - not the person.
                    Anyone else?

--ACG Staff

kelt
                    Last edited by kelt06; 07 Jul 10, 09:19.

Comment

kelt
                      You got a link to that post...I haven't been contacted by Bad Wolf directly...don't recall seeing that response to one of my posts.
                      Later - Tater

Comment

Never mind...I found the post...

Link...

You are such a liar dude...this post by Bad Wolf had absolutely NOTHING to do with me...you even edited out who it was really aimed at. I wasn't even a participant in the subject thread.

Thanks for living down to my expectations for ya man...
                        Last edited by Tater; 07 Jul 10, 09:50.
                        Later - Tater

Comment

kelt

yep that was the lying, troll, terrorist-apologist Dragunov alright.
                          Whom btw kelt, was called by at least 3 different mods on it and one agreed he was a troll. His insults, name calling and unsubstaniated claims of bigotry and rascism didn't help.

Do the research otherwize cleaning off your face can become apparent to all.
                          Last edited by Thunder Dome; 07 Jul 10, 09:58.

Comment

Never mind...I found the post...

Link...

You are such a liar dude...this post by Bad Wolf had absolutely NOTHING to do with me...I wasn't even a participant in the subject thread.
                            Thanks for living down to my expectations for ya man...:lauh::lauh::lauh:
                            Tater, re-read my message #69:

kelt
                            Check the difference between "may be on your trail" and "is on your trail".

And re-read the Bad Wolf warnings......
                            "Attack the idea - not the person."
                            "Anyone else?"

kelt

Comment

Oh it was clearly understood by all that it might have included more. That's not the point. In the primary offender's case he was judged and like the man said once, was : 'found lacking'.
                              Last edited by Thunder Dome; 07 Jul 10, 10:11.

Comment

And you should really stop the threadjack Kelt. It's non-productive as well.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X