Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Golani View Post
    It is.

But why have only 1 country when you can have 2?
    Or four: Jordan, Hamastan in Gaza; "Fatahland" in Yesha and "secualar state of two nations" Israeli left brain tumor located in former Israel (when all of the "refugees" will be allowed back). This will add four Arab/Muslim votes in UN as well.
    Kosovo is Serbian.
    I support United Jerusalem as the capital of Israel.
    Behead those who say Islam is violent!

Comment

• And would there be the same equal rights for those who are "refugees" and those born in the "host" countries in the new "Palestine"? Robert
      For the first time I have seen "History" at close quarters,and I know that its actual process is very different from what is presented to Posterity. - WWI General Max Hoffman

Comment

• Originally posted by DracoBorealis View Post
        Or four: Jordan, Hamastan in Gaza; "Fatahland" in Yesha and "secualar state of two nations" Israeli left brain tumor located in former Israel (when all of the "refugees" will be allowed back). This will add four Arab/Muslim votes in UN as well.
        And will finally abolish the Jewish nation.

But I guess that's what the U.N wants.

Comment

• Iraq: Human rights abuses against Palestinian refugees

"Scores of Palestinian refugees in Iraq have been killed since the US-led invasion in 2003. The 15,000 or so Palestinians who are still in Iraq are in legal limbo. They are recognized as refugees by the UN High Commissioner for Refugees. However, few countries are willing to accept them for resettlement. This report examines the precarious situation of Palestinian refugees in Iraq. It includes a historical background of this refugee community, descriptions of the serious human rights abuses being committed against them, and the appalling conditions in the camps near the Iraq/Syria border, particularly al-Waleed and al-Tanf camps."

http://www.amnesty.org/en/library/info/MDE14/030/2007
          For the first time I have seen "History" at close quarters,and I know that its actual process is very different from what is presented to Posterity. - WWI General Max Hoffman

Comment

• If Iraq was good enough for the Assyrians to settle the lost tribes of Israel, it is good enough for Palestinians. What is one more ethnic group going to hurt?

Pruitt
            Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

• Originally posted by Pruitt View Post
              If Iraq was good enough for the Assyrians to settle the lost tribes of Israel, it is good enough for Palestinians. What is one more ethnic group going to hurt?

Pruitt
              "However, few countries are willing to accept them for resettlement."

I think this statement says alot doesn't it? Robert

Comment

• This is from Aljazeera.net

Jordan is not Palestine
                By Lamis Andoni

http://english.aljazeera.net/news/20...131864654.html

Comment

• Phalange urges broad solution to Palestinian refugee issue
                  By The Daily Star

Friday, July 30, 2010

"The party said that any solution to problems faced by Palestinians in Lebanon should not be temporary, but rather based on a comprehensive and deep vision, preserving the Palestinians’ human rights, right of return and preventing their naturalization in Lebanon.

The remarks call for limiting the beneficiaries of the proposed law to refugees registered at the Directorate of Political Affairs and Refugees, Interior Ministry and the UN Relief and Works Agency.

Concerning labor rights, the party called for identifying the professions that Palestinians can occupy in the private sector by means of a Cabinet decree, after they obtain a work permit.

A comprehensive study of the market should be conducted before such a move, said the Phalange party, stressing that the Lebanese labor market could not accommodate more than 300,000 non-Lebanese workers.

Read more: http://www.dailystar.com.lb/article....#ixzz0wFIeDmnJ
                  (The Daily Star :: Lebanon News :: http://www.dailystar.com.lb)

Comment

• So? Is there anywhere where they are welcome with open arms and the "Host" country hoping that they will soon go away? Or any other country claiming to support them willing to take them? Robert

Comment

• The vote is coming up. Robert

"Now parliament is debating a new law that would allow Palestinians to work in any profession and own property, as well as give them social security benefits. The bill, due for a vote on Aug. 17, is the most serious effort yet by Lebanon to transform its policies toward the refugees.

But the proposal faces stiff resistance, because it has implications beyond expanding the refugees' civil rights.

Lebanon's population of 4 million is divided between 18 sects, including Sunni and Shiite Muslims, Christians and Druse, and every community is highly sensitive to anything that could tip the balance of power in a country with a grim history of sectarian strife.

Christians and Shiites are particularly worried about any possible permanent settling of the refugees, who are overwhelmingly Sunni Muslim.

So Palestinians in Ein el-Hilweh are deeply skeptical there will be any change.

"They are not fooling us," said a woman pushing her handicapped mother on a wheelchair to a nearby clinic run by the United Nations Relief and Works Agency. Her mother, 80-year-old Jamileh Salameh, lost her right leg in an Israeli air raid on Ein el-Hilweh in 1987.

"Nobody cares about us, they will talk and talk but nothing will happen," she said.

The Palestinians in Lebanon are isolated in their camps to a higher degree than in any other Arab country. Some 4.7 million Palestinian refugees — who fled or were driven from their homes during the 1948 and 1967 Israeli-Arab wars — and their descendants are scattered across the Middle East, in the West Bank, Gaza, Lebanon, Jordan and Syria, according to U.N. figures."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100812/...stinian_rights

Comment

• Just one and still with restrictions. Robert

Lebanon grants Palestinian refugees right to work
                        By ELIZABETH A. KENNEDY, Associated Press Writer Elizabeth A. Kennedy, Associated Press Writer – 46 mins ago

BEIRUT – Lebanon on Tuesday granted the country's 400,000 Palestinian refugees the right to work in the same professions as other foreigners, lifting a decades-old ban that has relegated the refugees to only the most menial jobs."

"Parliament lifted the restrictions that kept Palestinians almost entirely out of the formal labor market, although they are still subject to the same regulations as other foreign workers.

Lebanon's National News agency said the lawmakers amended a segment of the existing labor law that dates back to 1946.

But the laws governing foreign workers in Lebanon pose a unique problem for Palestinians, who are stateless.

Lebanese law restricts some professions only to Lebanese, while many other professions — such as law, medicine and engineering — require the employees to be members of the relevant professional association.

But most of these associations say foreign membership depends on reciprocity in their home country, which effectively bars Palestinians who don't have one."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100817/...stinian_rights

Comment

• Mired in poverty: Palestinian refugees in Lebanon see little hope in new law

Some employment rights have been granted to Palestinian refugees, but they will still be unable to work in many key professions, no matter what their qualifications

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010...lebanon-rights

Comment

• If they don't like Lebanon, they can always emigrate to some other country. How is Libya like this time of year?

Pruitt
                            Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

• Originally posted by Pruitt View Post
                              If they don't like Lebanon, they can always emigrate to some other country. How is Libya like this time of year?
                              ...I got $1 says Libya wouldn't even let them sniff their boarder much less enter the country...
                              Later - Tater
                              "Why I have a greater affinity to Israel than to the Muslim world after 9/11: Watching a death-match fight on Animal Planet once, I found myself instinctively rooting for the mammal over the reptile."

Comment

• Originally posted by Tater View Post
                                ...I got $1 says Libya wouldn't even let them sniff their boarder much less enter the country...
                                As fellow Muslims they should be welcomed with open arms right? How about going to Iran? Robert

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X