Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Four ships 'sabotaged' in the Gulf of Oman amid tensions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post

That leads me to believe they are large shaped charges. Tankers have double-hulls these days, so they would have to blow through one sheet of steel and punch through another, and the type of warhead used to kill tanks would be ideal for causing the sort of damage we have seen.

Hang about a bit - isn't spaced armour supposed to be an antidote to shaped charges?
    Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)
    Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens (Friedrich von Schiller)

Comment

Originally posted by OttoHarkaman View Post
      I am going to guess it was a mine, a torpedo attack would really escalate the situation. No telling if the RG has gone rogue on this one?

But who knows. using frogmen to plant limpet mines was pretty brash
      IIRC, some mines are actually torpedoes anchored on the seafloor, to be released and home on target.

Comment

Originally posted by Daud View Post
        I dont like the iranian regime, but this looks as a new 9/11 inside job.
        Sasquatch being real has more credibility than this old canard of "9/11" being an "inside job".

Comment

Originally posted by OttoHarkaman View Post
          My amateur guess on these attacks is that they are small revolutionary guards boats placing satchel charges on the sides of these tankers at night. Limpet mine sounds too sophisticated for what these might actually look like? My guess is one didn't go off so they had to remove the evidence.

Gulf tanker attack: Iran has form for using clingy, covert 'limpet mines' which instantly disable vessels
          https://www.foxnews.com/world/gulf-t...isable-vessels
          Good and informative link.

A reminder, re: Iranian capabilities; most of the improved IEDs our troops encountered in Iraq were made in Iran.

Comment

Originally posted by Skoblin View Post

From the people who brought you the Kuwaiti hospital incubator baby story, the Iraqi mobile WMD story, the Iraqi yellow cake uranium story, the Saddam 45 minutes from a chemical and biological weapons strike against the UK story, and so on...
            Are you referring to the USA and Western Intelligence agencies?

The ones which a fellow poster here claims are always right and infallible?

Comment

Originally posted by G David Bock View Post

IIRC, some mines are actually torpedoes anchored on the seafloor, to be released and home on target.
              Technically ALL mines are torpedoes - what we today call torpedoes are "dirigible torpedoes" The old command by Farragut "full speed and damn the torpedoes" referred to Confederate moored mines (which being gunpowder based and made of riveted construction tended to leak and become inactive after being laid for any length of time) . Land mines were also called torpedoes - and some Confederate torpedoes still killed people in the 1960s.
              Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)
              Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens (Friedrich von Schiller)

Comment

The Houthi have been using UAV in their attacks so we better get ready for anything that can happen in that region. Surprised they haven't just fixed up a boat loaded with HE and RC it alongside a tanker and set it off, modern day fire-ship.

Comment

Sasquatch being real has more credibility than this old canard of "9/11" being an "inside job".
                  yep... another uss maine blown up near cuba

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                  X