Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So what was the trigger event for radical islam?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ljadw
    replied
    Originally posted by General_Jacke View Post
    Not going to read through 7 pages but if I had to guess I’d say the West dividing the Middle East and Africa up arbitrarily putting differing kinds of Muslims into one country, and forcing different tribes which have histories of animosity if not warfare.
    That is not correct

Leave a comment:

• ljadw
    replied
    There is no radical Islam, because a radical islam implies the existence of a non radical Islam, which does not exist .
    The Islam was born radical and will remain radical til he disappears .
    100 years ago the Islam killed countless Armenians, 50 years ago countless Indonesians,during 50 years countless non Muslims in Sudan were massacred by the Islam .
    The Islam did not become suddenly radical ,as are claiming its apologists .

Leave a comment:

• Pruitt
    replied
    Don't forget the French have a piece (Djibouti).

Pruitt

Leave a comment:

• General_Jacke
    replied
    Originally posted by 101combatvet View Post

The West? Define the West.
    primarily the UK but a little bit italy if i'm not mistaken they'r the owns who owned somalia as a colony.

Leave a comment:

• OttoHarkaman
    replied
    Originally posted by MarkV View Post

Well given that it was already going on by the time that war started perhaps not

It just wasn't impacting so much on places like the USA then but most of the world was aware of it.
    I was thinking how much the Iranians weaponized martyrdom against the Iraqis

Bodies-of-Iran-martyrs-repatriated-from-Iraq-310x200.jpg

Leave a comment:

• MarkV
    replied
    Originally posted by OttoHarkaman View Post
    Tried to read all the prior postings, did anyone mention the Iran-Iraq war as a start for all this fanatical terrorism?
    Well given that it was already going on by the time that war started perhaps not

It just wasn't impacting so much on places like the USA then but most of the world was aware of it.

Leave a comment:

• OttoHarkaman
    replied
    Tried to read all the prior postings, did anyone mention the Iran-Iraq war as a start for all this fanatical terrorism?

Leave a comment:

• nastle
    replied
    Originally posted by 101combatvet View Post

Oh, how about the rape of girls by the prophet Muhammad?
    or torturing of captives , atleast did it to other arabs who I guess were just as barbaric

worse is yet to come under his successors

Leave a comment:

• 101combatvet
    replied
    Originally posted by General_Jacke View Post
    Not going to read through 7 pages but if I had to guess I’d say the West dividing the Middle East and Africa up arbitrarily putting differing kinds of Muslims into one country, and forcing different tribes which have histories of animosity if not warfare.
    The West? Define the West.

Leave a comment:

• 101combatvet
    replied
    Originally posted by Surrey View Post
    Much earlier than that. If you read Tom Holland's book on the start of Islam, there were fanatics chopping unbelievers heads off in the seventh and eighth centuries And by unbelievers I include those who believed in a different brand of Islam or were not fanatical enough. Isis were genuinely copying early Islam.
    Oh, how about the rape of girls by the prophet Muhammad?

Leave a comment:

• General_Jacke
    replied

Leave a comment:

• nastle
    replied
    Originally posted by Daud View Post

Liberation of people of course, spreading the truth to all and to have upper hand. If there was an obstacle, they would fight.

I see that you pushing me to analyse that events in the spirit of international law we have today.

its 7th century dont forget - everyone expand or dies

Nope. We are very proud of companions of the prophet, they were very successful #alhamdulillah.

It wasnt spreading democracy for oil and lithium like today some empires do.

I know that you have some viking plundering islands scenario in head or history of north america but i would be first to leave Islam is that eas thr case. They build on all places and didnt use power more then needed. Everyone remained, from yazidis in iraq to christians in egypt and Palestine

If a poor uneducated man without shoes who lived in the outskirts of civilisation, like Saad ibn Waqqas , in few years after accepting Islam -enters Ctesiphon, persian capital, as a conqueror, enters the palace of Yazdegerd and king , it is mind boggling thing.

you see some things or you dont
    Dude are u serious ?Saad is from banu zuhra and a seriously wealthy Arab aristocrat by time of qadissiyah
    and nomads and barbarians overthrowing established empires is a regular pattern in middle east , that is how persians under cyrus overthrew the Medes
    read history David

Leave a comment:

• E.D. Morel
    replied
    Originally posted by Surrey View Post
    For more recent agitation how about the failure of the Americans to support the British and French at Suez. Up until then Britain and France had kept a lid on things but the US supported Nasser and Britain and France withdrew things gradually feel apart.
    I disagree.

Leave a comment:

• Daud
    replied
    Originally posted by nastle View Post

Armenia and anatolia are far beyond the traditional heartlands of arabs , by similar logic russia expanded in the 19th century to the Pamirs , caucasus and mongolia so they can create a buffer zone between them and their traditional enemies.Guess they were being defensive too ?
    Plus look at the geography of this land the Mountains of armenia and Taurus of anatolia are an impassible barrier for armies of those age
    And if that was the case why was egypt attacked ? and why was ahnaf ibn qays sent all the way into khorasan ? You need to look at the bigger picture
    try al bidaya or kamil fi tarikh for more details
    Liberation of people of course, spreading the truth to all and to have upper hand. If there was an obstacle, they would fight.

I see that you pushing me to analyse that events in the spirit of international law we have today.

its 7th century dont forget - everyone expand or dies

Nope. We are very proud of companions of the prophet, they were very successful #alhamdulillah.

It wasnt spreading democracy for oil and lithium like today some empires do.

I know that you have some viking plundering islands scenario in head or history of north america but i would be first to leave Islam is that eas thr case. They build on all places and didnt use power more then needed. Everyone remained, from yazidis in iraq to christians in egypt and Palestine

If a poor uneducated man without shoes who lived in the outskirts of civilisation, like Saad ibn Waqqas , in few years after accepting Islam -enters Ctesiphon, persian capital, as a conqueror, enters the palace of Yazdegerd and king , it is mind boggling thing.

you see some things or you dont

Leave a comment:

• nastle
    replied
    Originally posted by Daud View Post

->

These preemptive attack resulted in the creation of a buffer zone or no man's land in south-eastern Anatolia and Armenia, which would eventually evolve into the al-'Awasim. It was exactly what Umar wanted,[3] as he is quoted saying
    I wish there was a wall of fire between us and the Romans, so that nor we can cross into their land neither they could in ours ”"

"I wish"
    Armenia and anatolia are far beyond the traditional heartlands of arabs , by similar logic russia expanded in the 19th century to the Pamirs , caucasus and mongolia so they can create a buffer zone between them and their traditional enemies.Guess they were being defensive too ?
    Plus look at the geography of this land the Mountains of armenia and Taurus of anatolia are an impassible barrier for armies of those age
    And if that was the case why was egypt attacked ? and why was ahnaf ibn qays sent all the way into khorasan ? You need to look at the bigger picture
    try al bidaya or kamil fi tarikh for more details

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X