What did Yasser Arafat die of?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What did Yasser Arafat die of?

Since the reports on what killed Arafat haven't and will never be released we can only speculate on what killed him. From what we know about the circumstances surrounding Yasser Arafat's death can we figure out what led to that?

Btw rumor has it that he had HIV/AIDS is there any truth to these rumors or any evidence to support them?

not that it matters, but I'd buy the aids thing.
    "Freedom cannot exist without discipline, self-discipline, and rights cannot exist without duties. Those who do not observe their duties do not deserve their rights."--Oriana Fallaci

Comment

Me too.
      The brutal solution is sometimes less brutal than the alternative.
      -Niccolo Machiavelli

Comment

Originally posted by piero1971 View Post
        not that it matters, but I'd buy the aids thing.
        It does matter if he died of AIDS because it would one way or another discredit the PLO.

Comment

Yes. I've heard a number of theories, as is usual in the conspiratorial and Machiavellian world of the Middle East:

1) The Israelis did it, using two Matzah balls, one at each end. Nasty way to go.
          2) The Americans did it, using cruise missiles. A delicate operation, and timing was crucial. It was never hard to get one in the mouth, given how often it was open. But it had to be a simultaneous approach. I guess they finally found a moment of opportunity to slip one in the rear. Perhaps why we don't hear so much from Bin-Laden these days...
          3) The British did it, with the Americans 'fronting' the operation.
          4) The Russians did it, using one of their favourite spices, Po210. Doubtful since he seemed to still have his trademark moustache in the casket.
          5) The Chinese did it, over a perceived insult when he wouldn't use a chopstick with his left hand to eat, though he was happy enough to wave it around to order.
          6) The Syrians did it, once they realized this jockey was in it for his race, not theirs.
          7) The Lebanese (pick your faction) did it, once they realized that- given all of the above- they might get left out if they didn't take immediate action.
          8) The Egyptians did it, to keep their underground burrowings secret. God knows they've had thousands of years to practice haven't they? I mean the only reason we have Tut intact is that it was a classroom model. I'd even suggest- given its scale- it wasn't just a model on how to build but perhaps more importantly how to loot. I mean the Egyptians are masters at fleecing visitors and the dead to this day, aren't they? And if you won't give it up there's always the Nile, and you wouldn't want to drink from it or float upstream would you? Best to take your chances in the dunes with less chance of wildlife, and a very easy compass with the sun (now there's a thought. Given Ra (maybe Ray in English?)). Hopefully a rounded veteran of the Desert War and Operation Sealion like Full Monty will chime in on this.
          9) Closely related to 4, there's SUV sickness. That's when you get Vitamin-D deficiency after spending too much time being driven around in an SUV Merc with tinted windows and shaded by protection agents who don't really have a clue what they're doing. The 'kuffiyeh', trademark symbol though it was, may only have postponed the inevitable.
          10) UN-itis. Being let down by such a stalwart bunch of warriors at his age could have proved fatal. Especially if it came with a reduction in funding for all his gallant cohorts prancing around in similar vehicles and with those dashing silver-tinted AKs.
          11) (Wo)men. He did look sort of glamorous in full dress and one always wondered what lay beneath that handsome visage, those darting eyes and the carefully pressed clothes. I guess we'll never know since it will be impossible now to get the blood test that might tell. HIV/AIDs? Maybe. His marriage seemed a political sham- a bachelor until 61? Come on? But you can be sure we'll be back at 1-11 here and which of these nasty outsiders injected the virus given the Arab world.

Have I missed anyone out?
          Tactics are based on Weapons... Strategy on Movement... and Movement on Supply.
          (J. F. C. Fuller 1878-1966)

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin23 View Post
            It does matter if he died of AIDS because it would one way or another discredit the PLO.
            how would aids discredit the PLO? I mean perhaps it's just me, but it's just another desease, no worse than cancer or other. you die that's it.

now that this would tell that Arafat, like many others in the middle east, learned that practice to "play" with young boys.... hey, half of Britons men got buggered too, the other half does not know what it means, to paraphrase Churchill.

big deal.

anyways, young Arafat should have followed Ghandi's path and the Palestinans would have had a country by now. different cultures, different religions, different times, different enemy (smarter).
            "Freedom cannot exist without discipline, self-discipline, and rights cannot exist without duties. Those who do not observe their duties do not deserve their rights."--Oriana Fallaci

Comment

hey, half of Britons men got buggered too, the other half does not know what it means, to paraphrase Churchill.
              Piero, now you can talk about the Celtic components of these isles but you're getting me worried. Can you elaborate, since I plainly don't know what you mean? Hopefully shortly, or I might have to sleep with my wife tonight on my back.

Comment

I think he died of acute Isrealitis, but I might be wrong
                Life is change. Built models for decades.
                Not sure anyone here actually knows the real me.
                I didn't for a long time either.

Comment

how would aids discredit the PLO?
                  now that this would tell that Arafat, like many others in the middle east, learned that practice to "play" with young boys
                  Now, take a guess on how a male gets AIDS if he is not an intraveneous drug user or hemophaliac. Even though it is a custom in some parts of muslim mid-east it still is not socially acceptable.
                  "If you are right, then you are right even if everyone says you are wrong. If you are wrong then you are wrong even if everyone says you are right." William Penn.

Comment

how would aids discredit the PLO? I mean perhaps it's just me, but it's just another desease, no worse than cancer or other. you die that's it.

now that this would tell that Arafat, like many others in the middle east, learned that practice to "play" with young boys.... hey, half of Britons men got buggered too, the other half does not know what it means, to paraphrase Churchill.

big deal.

anyways, young Arafat should have followed Ghandi's path and the Palestinans would have had a country by now. different cultures, different religions, different times, different enemy (smarter).

It's not so much the fact that AIDS kills you it's the circumstances that surrounds it and how Arafat contractedit and given that Palestinians are a mianly Islamic people and in such conservative religious soicety I just figured it would harm him among alot of poeple and importent Palestinian political figures.

Comment

well can get if from a woman too.... although this is not Arafat's case most probably...

well, I guess that if a G-W-bush gets aids or a Pat Robertson it would also look ad to their electoral base.

Comment

Well, I guess that if a G-W-Bush gets AIDS or a Pat Robertson it would also look bad to their electoral base.
                        Yes, both bases though looking at the two of them and occasionally listening to them talk it might be hard to slip a syringe or pencil in, let alone anything larger...

Comment

Originally posted by General Staff View Post
                          Yes, both bases though looking at the two of them and occasionally listening to them talk it might be hard to slip a syringe or pencil in, let alone anything larger...

if they'd be females I'd say that they should try, it would make them much more interesting. perhaps it works for men too, although I would not know... nor want to know....

Comment

As a side bar to this post...How did Mrs Arafat make out regarding her house keeping money drawn from Mr A,s PLO bank account....last time I read she was living in poverty in some high class Paris hotel ,eating last weeks caviar and having to eke by on a stipend of appox $10,000 US per day or week.

Guess the old guy worked a lot of overtime .

per ardua ad astra

Comment

Originally posted by Bow View Post
                              As a side bar to this post...
                              Seems to be managing OK. Personally I believe she's a younger, Christian (what else? One or two of his own persuasion might complain they weren't getting enough), well-pensioned and agreed up-(err)-front diversion. There's a toy boy there somewhere though how long before he comes clean for a price or joins his mate is anyone's guess. http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2004/...?from=storyrhs

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X