Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Israeli F-35's flying into Iran

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Jordan and Iraq will probably let Israeli planes through. Syria? That is possible. Who is going to contest the IAF scooting through these three countries?

    Pruitt
    Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

    Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

    by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

    Comment


    • #32
      Range on internal fuel is about 1,200 miles. So taking into consideration an amount set aside for safety, that gives them a reach of say 500 miles out and 500 back. Just from eyeballing a map, the parts of Iran closest to Israel is the northwestern parts of Iran. Those parts are about 750 to 800 miles as the Thunderbolt flies. They would would have to fly over Syria and Iraq to reach that part of Iran. Would Syria and Iraq agree to that? Would Syria or Iraq try to stop them if they hadn't agreed to that? Would Syria or Iraq be able to stop them should they want to?

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by phil74501 View Post
        Range on internal fuel is about 1,200 miles. So taking into consideration an amount set aside for safety, that gives them a reach of say 500 miles out and 500 back. Just from eyeballing a map, the parts of Iran closest to Israel is the northwestern parts of Iran. Those parts are about 750 to 800 miles as the Thunderbolt flies. They would would have to fly over Syria and Iraq to reach that part of Iran. Would Syria and Iraq agree to that? Would Syria or Iraq try to stop them if they hadn't agreed to that? Would Syria or Iraq be able to stop them should they want to?
        Is Syria and Iraq even aware of who is flying through their airspace? Their infrastructure is trashed.
        Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

        Comment


        • #34
          Here's an interesting thought: what if they refueled by US tankers over Iraq? WE have a lot of planes in the air there.

          The USA would be highly interested in seeing how the F-35 does against Iranian air defense systems.

          We've refueled foreign aircraft in the past on the sly.

          That would made the range calculations moot, as they could refuel coming and going if need be.
          Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
            Here's an interesting thought: what if they refueled by US tankers over Iraq? WE have a lot of planes in the air there.

            The USA would be highly interested in seeing how the F-35 does against Iranian air defense systems.

            We've refueled foreign aircraft in the past on the sly.

            That would made the range calculations moot, as they could refuel coming and going if need be.
            Does Iraq even have an operable air force?

            It would be a good way for us, to let them, test drive...so to speak...those things for us.

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by phil74501 View Post
              Does Iraq even have an operable air force?

              It would be a good way for us, to let them, test drive...so to speak...those things for us.
              We gave them COIN prop jobs. According to wiki, they have a variety of second-hand jets, including F-16s and SU-25s. Operational levels are not given.

              I wouldn't expect much out of their air force.
              Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

              Comment


              • #37
                Rather than start another thread and since it relates a bit here;

                The Rampage: Supersonic missile developed to destroy high quality targets

                The missile can be fitted to the Israel Air Force’s F-15, F-16 and F-35 fighter jets and is meant to be dropped outside areas protected by air-defense systems.

                https://www.jpost.com/Israel-News/Th...targets-559785
                Whiskey for my men, and beer for my horses.
                TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch
                Bock's First Law of History: The Past shapes the Present, which forms the Future. *

                Comment

                Working...
                X