Terrorist attack at Istanbul International airport

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Terrorist attack at Istanbul International airport

There has been a terrorist attack that has killed 10 and wounded over 20 at Istanbul's International Airport.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2016/06...l?intcmp=hpbt1

No one has claimed responsibility yet but this attack was set to destroy Turkey's tourism industry.

There industry has already been suffering, and badly. Whether ISIS or the Kurds, Turkey has a large problem it can't handle by following the status quo.

The sad thing is that the Turks had a real chance to appease the Kurds a few years ago but have squandered it, slowly pushing Turco-Kurdish relations back to where they've been for decades.

Comment

Condolences to the victims and their families!
      Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

This is the new normal. Condolences of course, but to what end?
        Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.

Comment

Turkey is now claiming that IS is responsible, though I don't know if there has been claims from IS.

Islamic State prime suspect after suicide bombers kill 41 at Istanbul airport

Turkish investigators pored over video footage and witness statements on Wednesday after three suspected Islamic State suicide bombers opened fire and blew themselves up in Istanbul's main airport, killing 41 people and wounding 239.

The attack on Europe's third-busiest airport was the deadliest in a series of suicide bombings this year in Turkey, part of the U.S.-led coalition against Islamic State and struggling to contain spillover from neighboring Syria's war.

President Tayyip Erdogan said the attack should serve as a turning point in the global fight against terrorism, which he said had "no regard for faith or values". U.S. President Barack Obama and Russian President Vladimir Putin condemned it in separate phone calls with Erdogan, his office said.

Five Saudis and two Iraqis were among the dead, a Turkish official said. Citizens from China, Jordan, Tunisia, Uzbekistan, Iran and Ukraine were also among the 13 foreigners killed.
          Reuters - Full Article

Comment

Originally posted by Urban hermit View Post
            This is the new normal. Condolences of course, but to what end?
            Yeah, I feel for the victims, of which there is a never-ending supply.

I have to say, islam is an equal opportunity killer. They don't value their own any more than anyone else.

If this keeps up, the last member of the cult will shoot himself.
            Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Originally posted by Trung Si View Post
              Condolences to the victims and their families!
              I second that.
              Long live the Lionheart! Please watch this video
              https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=jRDwlR4zbEM
              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3DBaY0RsxU
              Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhilaration of victory.

George S Patton

Comment

That's a lot of casualties... prayers to the victims and their families.
                "We have no white flag."

Comment

Originally posted by Daemon of Decay View Post
                  Turkey is now claiming that IS is responsible, though I don't know if there has been claims from IS.
                  There is the possibility that there will never be a claim by ISIS, but I have no doubt that it was a subtle message sent by them to the Turkish Government for the cooperation with the west lately.
                  Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

Originally posted by Trung Si View Post
                    There is the possibility that there will never be a claim by ISIS, but I have no doubt that it was a subtle message sent by them to the Turkish Government for the cooperation with the west lately.
                    Well you already have the conspiracy theorists claiming this was a black flag operation to protect the Turkish government and mask it's wide-ranging support for ISIS.

Because if you haven't heard, evidently the US and Turkey are allies of ISIS.

Comment

Originally posted by Daemon of Decay View Post
                      Well you already have the conspiracy theorists claiming this was a black flag operation to protect the Turkish government and mask it's wide-ranging support for ISIS.

Because if you haven't heard, evidently the US and Turkey are allies of ISIS.
                      I'll do you one better. It was an operation by the ME3 (Emirates, Etihad and Qatar) to ruin Turkish Airlines at their main hub. Turkish is growing too fast and taking passengers away from them.

Comment

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post

I have to say, islam is an equal opportunity killer. They don't value their own any more than anyone else.

If this keeps up, the last member of the cult will shoot himself.
                        Turkey should ban bombs, it's never the terrorists fault, just there weapons they use.
                        Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.

Comment

Originally posted by Urban hermit View Post
                          Turkey should ban bombs, it's never the terrorists fault, just there weapons they use.
                          Ah, but haven't we heard somewhere that it is not guns/weapons that kill, it is people that kill?

Comment

So maybe this is a hint that we should not lump them all together as a faceless monolith?
                            Michele

Comment

And that's why this is all considered simply a nuisance, by some.....
                              ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

BLACK MOTORCYCLES MATTER!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X