Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Saudi Arabia sentences a man to 10 years in prison and 2,000 lashes for expressing hi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saudi Arabia sentences a man to 10 years in prison and 2,000 lashes for expressing hi

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a6900056.html

Saudi Arabia sentences a man to 10 years in prison and 2,000 lashes for expressing his atheism on Twitter

A court in Saudi Arabia has sentenced a man to 10 years in prison and 2,000 lashes for expressing his atheism in hundreds of social media posts.

The report carried in Al-Watan says*the 28-year-old man admitted to being an atheist and refused to repent, saying that what he wrote reflected his own beliefs and that he had the right to express them. The report did not name the man.*

It added that ‘religious police’ in charge of monitoring social networks found more than 600 tweets denying the existence of God, ridiculing the Quranic verses, accusing all prophets of lies and saying their teaching fuelled hostilities. The court also fined him 20,000 riyals – or, just short of £4,000
    2000 lashes!
    "We have no white flag."

Originally posted by GMan88 View Post

Saudi Arabia sentences a man to 10 years in prison and 2,000 lashes for expressing his atheism on Twitter

2000 lashes!
    That has be spread out over ten years unless they want to kill him.
    Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

Something not unusual in the ME and not our business .

Comment

And yet this jewel of liberty and democracy never shows up on the regime change wish list...

Comment

Originally posted by Skoblin View Post
          And yet this jewel of liberty and democracy never shows up on the regime change wish list...
          Not as long as they have friends in the west in high places.

"Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
            Not as long as they have friends in the west in high places.

And considering the generous donations made to the Clinton Fund by Saudi Arabia, don't expect things to change any time soon...

Comment

Sko, little has changed there since my birth.
              "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

It must be tough to die for a non-belief.

I expect being a non-believer in a muslim prison is going to be pretty brutal.
                Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post

Tough even here in the states.

Comment

Originally posted by Daemon of Decay View Post
                    Tough even here in the states.
                    Personal experience? Grabbing a dropped soap bar???
                    Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

Depends on which place you are talking about. From what I heard from several decades knocking around the ME and SE Asia some are just indiscriminately brutal (probably like US ones), some are austere but relatively un-sectarian but he'd suffer from constant attempts to convert him and "save his soul". (I'm told that the ones in Sufi dominant Oman fall into that category) and so on. To take the view that all Muslims are alike one has to be either incredibly ignorant or Donald Trump
                      Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)
                      Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens (Friedrich von Schiller)

Comment

Originally posted by MarkV View Post
                        Depends on which place you are talking about. From what I heard from several decades knocking around the ME and SE Asia some are just indiscriminately brutal (probably like US ones), some are austere but relatively un-sectarian but he'd suffer from constant attempts to convert him and "save his soul". (I'm told that the ones in Sufi dominant Oman fall into that category) and so on. To take the view that all Muslims are alike one has to be either incredibly ignorant or Donald Trump
                        You are leaping to the wrong conclusions. Prison inmate cultures tend to be similar, and an outsider seldom fares well.
                        Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Originally posted by GMan88 View Post

2000 lashes!
                          Something Iran,the prototype of the liberal Islam,never would do .

Which is what BHO is saying at nauseam since 8 years (OTOH,everything BHO is saying is giving nausea .)

2000 is not that much :

1 for Hillary,1 for Sanders, one ( no 10 ) for BHO,one for Kasich,and the rest for Soros .
                          And a very little one for Rubio .

Comment

Originally posted by Bwaha View Post
                            Personal experience? Grabbing a dropped soap bar???
                            I never combine business with pleasure.

Comment

You are leaping to the wrong conclusions. Prison inmate cultures tend to be similar, and an outsider seldom fares well.
                              Didn't think I'd jumped to any conclusions merely made some observations - please explain
                              Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)
                              Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens (Friedrich von Schiller)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X