Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Saudi Arabia sentences a man to 10 years in prison and 2,000 lashes for expressing hi

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Saudi Arabia sentences a man to 10 years in prison and 2,000 lashes for expressing hi

    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a6900056.html

    Saudi Arabia sentences a man to 10 years in prison and 2,000 lashes for expressing his atheism on Twitter

    A court in Saudi Arabia has sentenced a man to 10 years in prison and 2,000 lashes for expressing his atheism in hundreds of social media posts.

    The report carried in Al-Watan says*the 28-year-old man admitted to being an atheist and refused to repent, saying that what he wrote reflected his own beliefs and that he had the right to express them. The report did not name the man.*

    It added that ‘religious police’ in charge of monitoring social networks found more than 600 tweets denying the existence of God, ridiculing the Quranic verses, accusing all prophets of lies and saying their teaching fuelled hostilities. The court also fined him 20,000 riyals – or, just short of £4,000
    2000 lashes!
    "We have no white flag."

  • #2
    Originally posted by GMan88 View Post
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a6900056.html

    Saudi Arabia sentences a man to 10 years in prison and 2,000 lashes for expressing his atheism on Twitter



    2000 lashes!
    That has be spread out over ten years unless they want to kill him.
    Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

    Prayers.

    BoRG

    http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

    Comment


    • #3
      Something not unusual in the ME and not our business .

      Comment


      • #4
        And yet this jewel of liberty and democracy never shows up on the regime change wish list...

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Skoblin View Post
          And yet this jewel of liberty and democracy never shows up on the regime change wish list...
          Not as long as they have friends in the west in high places.

          "Ask not what your country can do for you"

          Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

          you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
            Not as long as they have friends in the west in high places.

            And considering the generous donations made to the Clinton Fund by Saudi Arabia, don't expect things to change any time soon...


            Comment


            • #7
              Sko, little has changed there since my birth.
              "Ask not what your country can do for you"

              Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

              you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

              Comment


              • #8
                It must be tough to die for a non-belief.

                I expect being a non-believer in a muslim prison is going to be pretty brutal.
                Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
                  It must be tough to die for a non-belief.

                  I expect being a non-believer in a muslim prison is going to be pretty brutal.
                  Tough even here in the states.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Daemon of Decay View Post
                    Tough even here in the states.
                    Personal experience? Grabbing a dropped soap bar???
                    Credo quia absurdum.


                    Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
                      It must be tough to die for a non-belief.

                      I expect being a non-believer in a muslim prison is going to be pretty brutal.
                      Depends on which place you are talking about. From what I heard from several decades knocking around the ME and SE Asia some are just indiscriminately brutal (probably like US ones), some are austere but relatively un-sectarian but he'd suffer from constant attempts to convert him and "save his soul". (I'm told that the ones in Sufi dominant Oman fall into that category) and so on. To take the view that all Muslims are alike one has to be either incredibly ignorant or Donald Trump
                      Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)
                      Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens (Friedrich von Schiller)

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by MarkV View Post
                        Depends on which place you are talking about. From what I heard from several decades knocking around the ME and SE Asia some are just indiscriminately brutal (probably like US ones), some are austere but relatively un-sectarian but he'd suffer from constant attempts to convert him and "save his soul". (I'm told that the ones in Sufi dominant Oman fall into that category) and so on. To take the view that all Muslims are alike one has to be either incredibly ignorant or Donald Trump
                        You are leaping to the wrong conclusions. Prison inmate cultures tend to be similar, and an outsider seldom fares well.
                        Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by GMan88 View Post
                          http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a6900056.html

                          Saudi Arabia sentences a man to 10 years in prison and 2,000 lashes for expressing his atheism on Twitter



                          2000 lashes!
                          Something Iran,the prototype of the liberal Islam,never would do .

                          Which is what BHO is saying at nauseam since 8 years (OTOH,everything BHO is saying is giving nausea .)

                          2000 is not that much :

                          1 for Hillary,1 for Sanders, one ( no 10 ) for BHO,one for Kasich,and the rest for Soros .
                          And a very little one for Rubio .

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Bwaha View Post
                            Personal experience? Grabbing a dropped soap bar???
                            I never combine business with pleasure.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
                              You are leaping to the wrong conclusions. Prison inmate cultures tend to be similar, and an outsider seldom fares well.
                              Didn't think I'd jumped to any conclusions merely made some observations - please explain
                              Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)
                              Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens (Friedrich von Schiller)

                              Comment

                              Latest Topics

                              Collapse

                              Working...
                              X