Egyptian Christians guilty of "Contempt of Islam"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Egyptian Christians guilty of "Contempt of Islam"

An Egyptian court on Thursday sentenced three Coptic Christian teenagers to five years in jail for contempt of Islam after they appeared in a video reciting Muslim prayers.

A judge in the central Egyptian province of Minya also sent a fourth defendant, aged 15, to a juvenile detention center for an indefinite period.

Defence lawyer Maher Naguib said the four had not intended to insult Islam in the video, but merely to mock the beheadings carried out by ISIS militants.

The video was filmed on a mobile phone in January 2015 when the three teenagers who were sentenced to five years were aged between 15 and 17.

The four had not yet been arrested as of Thursday and Naguib said he planned to appeal the judgement.

“They have been sentenced for contempt of Islam and inciting sectarian strife,” Naguib told AFP.

http://english.alarabiya.net/en/News...of-Islam-.html
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.

It's stories like this that make me thank God that I was born in the West. Man throwing kids in jail for making a video...

Why are the Islamic countries so sensitive about someone criticizing islam? Is their faith so weak that they are afraid of jokes???
    Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

Originally posted by Bwaha View Post
      It's stories like this that make me thank God that I was born in the West. Man throwing kids in jail for making a video...

Why are the Islamic countries so sensitive about someone criticizing islam? Is their faith so weak that they are afraid of jokes???
      Amen Brother!
      Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.

Comment

Another good reason for me to never go to Egypt. Contempt is way too soft a word for how I feel about it.
        "Artillery lends dignity to what might otherwise be a vulgar brawl." - Frederick the Great

Comment

Goes back to the early days of Islam. After they conquered places like Egypt they were a small minority surrounded by Christians. They had to crack down hard on anything that looked like rebellion. I guess they never lost the habit.
          "To be free is better than to be unfree - always."

Comment

Originally posted by frisco17 View Post
            Another good reason for me to never go to Egypt. Contempt is way too soft a word for how I feel about it.
            Lol, I would have to plead guilty!
            "A foe who had fought so long and valiantly, and had suffered so much for a cause, though that cause was, I believe, one of the worst for which a people ever fought, and one for which there was the least excuse." Ulysses S. Grant

Comment

Originally posted by jonny87kz View Post
              Lol, I would have to plead guilty!
              Me, too.

The death cult has no faith at all. The least little thing will destroy their loyalty to the camel salesman.

Its no wonder the muslim portion of the world hasn't amounted to squat for the last six hundred years. Or why Israel has stood like a granite wall against hordes of Islam's finest.
              Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post
                Me, too.

The death cult has no faith at all. The least little thing will destroy their loyalty to the camel salesman.

Its no wonder the muslim portion of the world hasn't amounted to squat for the last six hundred years. Or why Israel has stood like a granite wall against hordes of Islam's finest.
                The First Amendment applies to SMS, Emails, Blogs, online news, the Fourth applies to your cell phone, computer, and your car, but the Second only applies to muskets?

Comment

Arnold JR - Would that 'Mighty Mo' had been an honest camel salesman then things might be less problematic. The truth is that he was more into the power politics of pillaging. The Islamic records also show that both he and 'Allah' could be very severe when faced with any sort of criticism.

'Who can be more wicked than one who invents a lie against Allah? If the death penalty is prescribed for a lesser crime, then it stands to reason that it should be imposed for the most wicked.' - Qur'an 6:93

'Lo! those who malign Allah AND HIS MESSENGER, Allah has cursed them in this world and the hereafter, and has prespared for them the doom of the distained.' - Qur'an 33:57

Muhammad executed his critics as quickly as he attained the power to do so. His biographers list numerous people who were murdered merely for mockery and criticism - especially poets. He even had the infant of a mother pulled from her breast, before having her run through with a sword. See/read 'Muhammad's Dead Poets Society'.

Comment

It's against Islam to have fun, or make jokes don't ya know...

Comment

Five years vs beheading. That's the difference between moderate islam and fundamentalist islam.
                      ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

BLACK MOTORCYCLES MATTER!

Comment

Originally posted by Wooden Wonder View Post
                        Arnold JR - Would that 'Mighty Mo' had been an honest camel salesman then things might be less problematic.
                        Mighty Mo is the USS Missouri BB-63. You need to find something else to call Muhammed.
                        ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

BLACK MOTORCYCLES MATTER!

Comment

Originally posted by frisco17 View Post
                          Roger that! My young twenty something daughter expressed an interest in visiting Egypt sometime ago. While I told her that has a legal adult she could go or do what she pleased, I also told her that going to Egypt was a bad idea, particularly for a young woman!
                          Give me a fast ship and the wind at my back for I intend to sail in harms way! (John Paul Jones)

Initiated Chief Petty Officer
                          Hard core! Old School! Deal with it!

Comment

Egypt was a great place until the "revolution". Never visited myself, but seems like almost everyone else has.
                            Wisdom is personal

Comment

Originally posted by Karri View Post
                              Egypt was a great place until the "revolution". Never visited myself, but seems like almost everyone else has.
                              Nothing like personal experience...
                              Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X