Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Relaxed Kamikazes

'Relaxed' kamikazes
    One is a devout and cheery Saudi, the other a British convert overcome by doubt, the third a Syrian: a new documentary unveils the shadowy world of Syria's would-be suicide bombers.

In a rare, in-depth look at the Al-Nusra Front, Al-Qaeda's affiliate in Syria, the 58-minute documentary "Dugma, the Button" reveals the convictions and doubts of those ready to become martyrs -- "the precision weaponry of the poor," in the words of the filmmaker, Norwegian journalist Pal Refsdal.

The film follows the three future suicide bombers as they wait for their missions, without any commentary.

"When I get close to the target, I'll pull the safety switch, the first one... and I'll keep driving until I'm a few metres away from the target, and then I'll pull the other safety switch," says Abu Qaswara, sitting at the wheel of a lorry loaded with explosives, covered in makeshift armour so it looks like something out of road movie "Mad Max".

http://english.alarabiya.net/en/pers...-bombers-.html
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.

Interesting.
    Wisdom is personal

Comment

Originally posted by Karri View Post
      Interesting.
      It hard to imagine why someone would leave a rather cushy western life to become a walking bomb.
      Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
      X