No announcement yet.

War in Syria : Russia - praise of former Bundeswehr General irritated Berlin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• War in Syria : Russia - praise of former Bundeswehr General irritated Berlin

Former Bundewehr General Kujat had praised Russia's role in Syria conflict . " The Russians have with their military intervention the peace process made ​​possible " , he said the " Passauer Neue Presse " . " Neither the Americans nor the Europeans had a strategy for peaceful Syria and were not even willing to work very hard . The Russians have made it and therefore pushed for a political solution to a window ," said the former West German army general

Kujat I have previously experienced during the Cold War in many discussions as solid , cool deliberative expert on the unromantic craft the military. In times of crisis, I trust his judgment ten times more than the supported by ignorance and vanity submissions of " Dr " Uschi von der Leyen .

Well he is right he saying that neither American or Europe have a strategy but to say that Russia supporting Assad to bring his country back under his tyrannical rule will bring peace is untrue in the long term.
    War is less costly than servitude

Comment

Technically that isn't Russia's position. Officially their position is they are trying to bring Syria back under the control of Assad's government to end the war and that a new government can them be formed after the fighting has stopped. Assad staying isn't a requirement. That's said there's no guarantee that after Assad wins they'll actually allow anyone to make him step down and since he'd be in control on the ground it's a sort of fait accompli. Just like Ukraine. I'm honestly not sure what their real end goal is.
      "Artillery lends dignity to what might otherwise be a vulgar brawl." - Frederick the Great

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Karri
        Prawn heads
        by Karri
        How do you cook them? How do you eat them?

So far I've always just twisted them off, and discarded it along with the shells and such, only...
        Yesterday, 11:40
      • Jose50
        Thoughts on the US abandoning NATO
        by Jose50
        Now may be a good time for the NATO countries to start beefing up their materiel, personnel and alliances. There is a decided wave here in the US that...
        Yesterday, 08:41
      • Von Richter
        Sagittarius Rising...
        by Von Richter
        Just having a re-read of this book after it's stood for donkey's years on the bookshelf. Once again, within the first couple of pages, I'm transported...
        Yesterday, 01:19
      Working...
      X