30k Syrians on Turkeys border

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 30k Syrians on Turkeys border

And Russia's complaining about the Turkey moving its army close to its border with Syria.

Around 30,000 Syrians are at the Turkish border after fleeing a Russia-backed regime offensive on the northern region of Aleppo, Turkish Prime Minister Ahmet Davutoglu said.

With his country facing mounting pressure to open its border, Davutoglu said the refugees would be admitted if need be, although Turkey should not be expected "to shoulder the refugee issue alone."

"Around 30,000 Syrians have now massed," the border with northwestern Syria which remains closed, he told a joint press conference with German Chancellor Angela Merkel.

Davutoglu, whose country is hosting 2.7 million Syrian refugees, said Turkey would take refugees "if necessary."

"Obviously, as always, we will provide for our Syrian brothers and accept them when necessary," he said.

But he warned: "No one should assume that just because Turkey is taking in all the refugees that it should be expected to shoulder the refugee issue alone."

Merkel's visit is aimed at pressing Turkey to make good on pledges to do more to reduce the influx of refugees to Europe

http://english.alarabiya.net/en/News...border-PM.html
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.

What I have read or seen about those refugees that they are either:
    1) Escaping the fights and are proper refugees
    2) "Now is our chance, lets go to promised land Europe"
    3) "AARG, RuAF is bombing us lets go to Turkey to chill little bit before coming to fight for Al-Nusra"

We shall see what comes from this, as they are now good political asset to Turkey.
    From Devastation - Knights Twilight Warhammer 40,000 Quest
    Rear Admiral Sander Van der Zee, Commander of Dutch Far East Theatre
    "There is never enough firepower!"

Comment

Originally posted by Senorankka View Post
      What I have read or seen about those refugees that they are either:
      1) Escaping the fights and are proper refugees
      2) "Now is our chance, lets go to promised land Europe"
      3) "AARG, RuAF is bombing us lets go to Turkey to chill little bit before coming to fight for Al-Nusra"

We shall see what comes from this, as they are now good political asset to Turkey.
      It is a tragic situation, I doubt Turkey has any other tool to deal with this many people then military.
      Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.

Comment

Originally posted by Urban hermit View Post
        It is a tragic situation, I doubt Turkey has any other tool to deal with this many people then military.
        Tragic ?

Hey !
        Another new possibility of a thread on how we're screwed up in a couple of weeks.
        That rug really tied the room together

Comment

Originally posted by sebfrench76 View Post
          Tragic ?

Hey !
          Another new possibility of a thread on how we're screwed up in a couple of weeks.
          If you think the plight of the refugees is anything but a tragedy you have no heart at all. They are being squeezed between certine death by the hands of ISL or Russia on one side and Turkey on the other.
          If you were in thier shoes you wouldn't last two days.

Comment

That said I have no sympathy for the military aged male "refugees". There's certainly enough of them that if they wanted to make a difference in making their country better they could. Instead they abandon their country and their people, looking for a free ride in Europe. That's the definition of cowardice in my book.
            "Artillery lends dignity to what might otherwise be a vulgar brawl." - Frederick the Great

Comment

If you think the plight of the refugees is anything but a tragedy you have no heart at all. They are being squeezed between certine death by the hands of ISL or Russia on one side and Turkey on the other.
              If you were in thier shoes you wouldn't last two days.
              The ones that you find sooooo heartbreaking , you find them soooo savage when they put their hands on some German tits.
              They are the same ,so please ,stop the 2ble standards.

Comment

The best solution is that they remain in Syria,if they enter Turkey, they also will enter Europe and we have already enough problems caused by these people .

Comment

And Russia's complaining about the Turkey moving its army close to its border with Syria.

Around 30,000 Syrians are at the Turkish border after fleeing a Russia-backed regime offensive on the northern region of Aleppo, Turkish Prime Minister Ahmet Davutoglu said.

With his country facing mounting pressure to open its border, Davutoglu said the refugees would be admitted if need be, although Turkey should not be expected "to shoulder the refugee issue alone."

"Around 30,000 Syrians have now massed," the border with northwestern Syria which remains closed, he told a joint press conference with German Chancellor Angela Merkel.

Davutoglu, whose country is hosting 2.7 million Syrian refugees, said Turkey would take refugees "if necessary."

"Obviously, as always, we will provide for our Syrian brothers and accept them when necessary," he said.

But he warned: "No one should assume that just because Turkey is taking in all the refugees that it should be expected to shoulder the refugee issue alone."

Merkel's visit is aimed at pressing Turkey to make good on pledges to do more to reduce the influx of refugees to Europe

http://english.alarabiya.net/en/News...border-PM.html
                  Given the source (the accomplice of Erdogan), no intelligent person would believe it,unless there are irrefutable proofs .

It is obvious that Turkey tries to blackmail Europe : give us billions of Euro,otherwise we will let enter millions of immigrants .

Comment

Originally posted by frisco17 View Post
                    That said I have no sympathy for the military aged male "refugees". There's certainly enough of them that if they wanted to make a difference in making their country better they could. Instead they abandon their country and their people, looking for a free ride in Europe. That's the definition of cowardice in my book.
                    Would you fight for a crap hole like Syria?

Comment

Originally posted by sebfrench76 View Post
                      The ones that you find sooooo heartbreaking , you find them soooo savage when they put their hands on some German tits.
                      They are the same ,so please ,stop the 2ble standards.
                      You are becoming very complicated, like French women.

Comment

They're not complicated, they're intelligent ,so they think by themselves.
                        You're flooding the forum on a daily basis ,with threads stating that our end is near ,because we are degenerated enough for not closing our borders,nor sinking their ****ing poor boats ,and now ,you cry a river over the poor refugees waiting in the cold weather. ??
                        And I am the one complicated ??
                        You crack me up hombre !

Comment

Originally posted by Daemon of Decay View Post
                          Would you fight for a crap hole like Syria?
                          From the few Syrians I have written with, Syria under Assad is okay place to life even in wartime. Inflation on some products is big, but people are going through their daily lifes. We must still remember that over 80% of Syrian population lives in Assad government areas and they are not in hurry to leave it.

Comment

Originally posted by Senorankka View Post
                            From the few Syrians I have written with, Syria under Assad is okay place to life even in wartime. Inflation on some products is big, but people are going through their daily lifes. We must still remember that over 80% of Syrian population lives in Assad government areas and they are not in hurry to leave it.
                            Which makes sense. The areas that are under his control are not going to fall victim to barrel bombs and ISIS.

But I meant strictly in the broader sense. I wouldn't risk my life fighting for Syria. Don't know many people who would.

Comment

Originally posted by Daemon of Decay View Post
                              Which makes sense. The areas that are under his control are not going to fall victim to barrel bombs and ISIS.

But I meant strictly in the broader sense. I wouldn't risk my life fighting for Syria. Don't know many people who would.
                              Neither would I, I am quite content to be armchair general. But if I were Syrian, I would probably fight for my country.
                              Also please, stop talking about barrel bombs. It is annoying buzzword that is used wrongly in so many situations.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X