Outcome of the Syrian war.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outcome of the Syrian war.

Okay this is a thread where we ponder the conclusion of the war. So what I'd like to see is a independent Kurdistan, a diminished Assad, and isis mercilessly crushed...

What I expect is all dissent gassed, crushed, and obliterated. With Putin's aid I can see no other outcome. Bobo has backed down and no other power can restrain the USSR.

(Oops cold war rhetoric... )

So what do you think? How will it end and who are the winners and who are the losers...
    Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Too early to say anything. ISIS has been quiet for a few months now so I am sure they are planning something. Perhaps for Assad to go through with his offensives and then launch their own.
    Wisdom is personal

Comment

I'm going to say: the outcome will be a lot of dead Syrians.

Seriously, Assad or someone like him will be in power. ISIS or friends will continue to kill & maim randomly as terror cells for years, perhaps generations. The dissidents will be dead or re-educated or fled. The place will be more of an armpit that it had been at the start of the war.

In short, more misery in a region renown for its misery.
      Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

There never will be an independant Kurdistan .

Comment

Originally posted by ljadw View Post
          There never will be an independant Kurdistan .
          I wouldn't say never. The fact that the idea exists is almost proof that it will happen someday. Maybe not any time soon but eventually. Who would have ever though of an independent Kosovo? How long was Finland part of Sweden and Russia before gaining independence. The idea is there and someday it will succeed and someday it will fail again. History isn't full of many permanent states.
          "Artillery lends dignity to what might otherwise be a vulgar brawl." - Frederick the Great

Comment

I would like to see all dissent gassed, crushed, and obliterated.

Comment

Originally posted by frisco17 View Post
              I wouldn't say never. The fact that the idea exists is almost proof that it will happen someday. Maybe not any time soon but eventually. Who would have ever though of an independent Kosovo? How long was Finland part of Sweden and Russia before gaining independence. The idea is there and someday it will succeed and someday it will fail again. History isn't full of many permanent states.
              Look at the Ukraine for a perfect example. Who thought they would gain their independence?
              Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

I would say there is no way there wouldn't be an independent Kurdistan with the way things are going right now.
                Wisdom is personal

Comment

Originally posted by frisco17 View Post
                  Turkey (and Iran ) never will accept an independent Kurdish state .That's why they support ISIS .

Comment

They don't have to depending on how the outside world feels about it. None of the Arabs supported Israel after all.
                    "Artillery lends dignity to what might otherwise be a vulgar brawl." - Frederick the Great

Comment

Turkey (and Iran ) never will accept an independent Kurdish state .That's why they support ISIS .
                      Iran supports ISIS?
                      ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

BLACK MOTORCYCLES MATTER!

Comment

'The Middle' is maybe the problem. Russia and Assad or replacement can secure the Med coast. Iraq with Iranian support can probably grind out victory in much of Iraq. We see the problems Egypt has with securing Sinai and maybe there will be a zone on the Iraq Syria border that is similar to that.

There is also the chance of escalation as Turkey, Saudi and other Sunni nations try and prevent Shia dominance. Escalation could also happen via spillover to other nations. Libya is looking like trouble.

Some unpleasant twists turns and surprises to come.
                        Ne Obliviscaris, Sans Peur

Comment

Who says they'll have a choice about it?

Russia didn't when the Ukraine decided to go independent.

Comment

Is it possible that on the last day, ALL of them will be dead?
                            The PLO claims ALL of Israel!!! There will and can NEVER be a "2 State solution".

Comment

Originally posted by ozjohn39 View Post
                              Is it possible that on the last day, ALL of them will be dead?
                              The region is not know for its happy endings.

But I have to say that seeing them kill each other instead of harassing Israel is a long step in the right direction.

If enough die we could relocate the Palestinians into what used to be Syria and end that particular mess.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X