Israel approves special budget for Arab citizens

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Israel approves special budget for Arab citizens

JERUSALEM (AP) Israel's Cabinet has approved a reported billion-dollar budget meant to improve the living conditions of the country's Arab minority.

Arabs make up about 20 percent of Israel's 8.4 million citizens. Although they hold full citizenship rights, they suffer from discrimination in areas like housing and employment. They are among Israel's poorest citizens.

The government did not release the exact amount approved Wednesday. Israeli media reported it was between 10 and 15 billion shekels (2.5 billion to 3.8 billion dollars), to be spread over four to five years.
    AP - Full Article

That's good news for the population there. It's unfortunate that they don't vote more, and take action in the politics of the country, but I'm hearing good news that they are. Muslims in the Middle East need to realize that they will never have Israel leave the Middle East. It's wayyy to late, and now it's impossible. Instead we should focus on excelling diplomatically, and economically. We shouldn't focus on victimizing ourselves, but instead empowering ourselves to move past obstacles. Hammas, and Hezbollah are just inhibiting this monumentally, creating the anti-Muslim atmosphere in Israel. Unfortunately, Abbas is also not the greatest leader for Palestine. Being hard-headed and corrupt.

Comment

Originally posted by Al-Zintani View Post
      That's good news for the population there. It's unfortunate that they don't vote more, and take action in the politics of the country. Muslims in the Middle East need to realize that they will never have Israel leave the Middle East. It's wayyy to late, and now it's impossible. Instead we should focus on excelling diplomatically, and economically. We shouldn't focus on victimizing ourselves, but instead empowering ourselves to move past obstacles. Hammas, and Hezbollah are just inhibiting this monumentally, creating the anti-Muslim atmosphere in Israel. Unfortunately, Abbas is also not the greatest leader for Palestine. Being hard-headed and corrupt.
      I've said before that if the Palestinians pulled a full Gandhi by unilaterally rejecting terrorism, disarming, and using social/moral/political force, they could have a nation within a generation.

But as long as jihad and rocket attacks hold that attraction, they will always find themselves as the villain and not the victim.

Comment

Originally posted by Daemon of Decay View Post
        I've said before that if the Palestinians pulled a full Gandhi by unilaterally rejecting terrorism, disarming, and using social/moral/political force, they could have a nation within a generation.

But as long as jihad and rocket attacks hold that attraction, they will always find themselves as the villain and not the victim.
        That I totally agree with. I like rooting for the underdog but if they promote violence they get nothing. As I see it the despots running the various countries of the M/E rip their people off and put the blame on the Jews. Sadly the people over there seem to accept this spin...
        Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

Will they have to shave their heads, put on diapers, wear the same glasses as all the Japanese, go on hunger strikes and protest Liverpool salt?
          Last edited by Salinator; 30 Dec 15, 21:08.
          Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

Originally posted by Salinator View Post
            Will they have to shave their heads, put on diapers, wear the same glasses as all the Japanese, and go on hunger strikes and protest Liverpool salt?
            No, just kosher salt.

Comment

Taking the Gandhi approach would only work against the British.

Pruitt
              Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

Originally posted by Pruitt View Post
                Taking the Gandhi approach would only work against the British.

Pruitt
                Dr. Martin Luther King Jr was sort of like the Gandhi method and it worked.
                Malcolm X is like Hamas, and Louis Farrakhan is like Fatah.

Dr. King had the most impact whereas the other two generated various degrees of hate and divide.
                Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

Originally posted by Salinator View Post
                  Dr. Martin Luther King Jr was sort of like the Gandhi method and it worked.
                  Malcolm X is like Hamas, and Louis Farrakhan is like Fatah.

Dr. King had the most impact whereas the other two generated various degrees of hate and divide.
                  The fact is that King presented the plight of blacks in moral and ethical language. That made their victimhood more explicit, more present, and more sympathetic.

Once you start using violence, you turn yourself into the "enemy", and you make it about a strength of arms - and if you can't win that, you'll never win.

Comment

Both Gandhi and Dr King were killed for their work. Dr King is lucky he never got shot by an outraged husband. Gandhi was shot because Hindu fanatics thought he supported the creation of Pakistan.

Pruitt
                    Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

It is a standard we seem to apply very inconsistently. Violence is sadly a feature of a great many fights for independence, not least America's & Israel's. Israel will always have an excuse not to do something it doesn't want to do, and the excuses have had a history of shifting. When was the last time the PA directed an attack on Israel? Yet a Palestinian state is farther away than it was 20 years ago.

Remember when rock throwers were the excuse? Or the mythical 'right to exist' - which has morphed into 'recognition as a Jewish state'. Then Hamas (which the PA doesn't control). Now it will be knife attack or Jihadis. If they all went away it would be something else tomorrow. There will always be Palestinians prepared to commit acts of violence just as there will always be Jews prepared to do the same, with or without the blessing of officials.

Ultimately this won't be decided by the behaviour of Palestinians, but pressure from within & without on Israel

India is a rare example of a genuine fight for independence won with minimal violence. Of course, Indians vastly outnumbered their colonial masters and were able to take advantage of Britain at a particularly weak moment. Few other occupied/colonized peoples have been so fortunate.
                      Human beings are the only creatures on Earth that claim a god and the only living thing that behaves like it hasn't got one - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

That's good news for the population there. It's unfortunate that they don't vote more, and take action in the politics of the country, but I'm hearing good news that they are. Muslims in the Middle East need to realize that they will never have Israel leave the Middle East. It's wayyy to late, and now it's impossible. Instead we should focus on excelling diplomatically, and economically. We shouldn't focus on victimizing ourselves, but instead empowering ourselves to move past obstacles. Hammas, and Hezbollah are just inhibiting this monumentally, creating the anti-Muslim atmosphere in Israel. Unfortunately, Abbas is also not the greatest leader for Palestine. Being hard-headed and corrupt.
                        This was actually a really good post, shouldn't be missed.
                        I am G.I. Jew

Comment

I agree, but the cult of victimhood runs strong in many nations in that part of the world, aided and abetted by the western Left who need a cause to fight for and so stoke things up to provide the battle they need. If a nation can muster itself to the positive mindset you outline, it would likely find a reciprocal response from the West.

Can't rep you again yet, for a good post, as others have said.
                          Ne Obliviscaris, Sans Peur

Comment

Guess I'll play a lil bit of 'Devil's Advocate' again now, but....

...all provided this report is correct, then the idea with Palestinians doing what you suggest is obviously wrong one.

What changed opinion of the Israeli government - i.e. prompted it to bring a decision to openly admit discrimination of Palestinians and at least 'consider improving their situation' - was violence (and then the most random and bestial type of violence).

(Not that I'm arguing 'pro' violence: just drawing conclusions.)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                            X