Announcement

Collapse

New Site - PLEASE READ

Hello All,
My name is Ashley and I am the one that moved the forum to its new hosting location. This was done for security reasons and try to keep the forum from going down every other day. I understand that the new forum looks very different from the old one but I promise almost everything you had before you still have it might just be in a different place.

Items that are gone due to a limitation of the new hosting/ forum update:
- Awards
- Flags

As I was going thought your posts I was able to fix a lot fo the issues you were listing. Below is kind of a running list of issues an what is fixed and what I am still working on.

Items that I have fixed from your comments:
- Smilie are now working.
- Color/Theme changes
- Signature are now showing up. (Here is how to edit them https://screencast.com/t/OJHzzhiV1)
- Ranking is now showing up.
- Private messaging is now working.

Some issues I am still working on are:
- Missing items from the Calendar
- Like button the posts is giving an error.

One other note I have seen a lot is theme/color related items. I know this is important to all of you but at the moment the most important thing was getting you back a functioning forum with as many features I can get you back from before.

Theme/color is something we can change but it the moment I do not have the time and resources to fix all of the issue and design the site. I did do some theme updates yesterday but it is very time consuming. Please just be patient with the forum as we get it back to as close as I can to what you had before.

If anyone has any issues that they are running in to please let me know in the post below. Please give me as much detail as possible .
https://forums.armchairgeneral.com/forum/world-history-group-welcomes-you/armchair-general-magazine/5034776-new-site-please-read
See more
See less

Israel conducts airstrike on truck convoy in Syria, regional security forces say.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by Redwolf View Post
    You are supporting my point. The missiles they fire are systems they can hide in basements.

    You won't do that with a full-size AFV.
    Isn't southern Lebanon mountainous? They can be hidden in tunnels and deployed when necessary if so.
    ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

    BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

    BLACK MOTORCYCLES MATTER!

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by Centurion40 View Post
      I find the possibility of Russians working in a Syrian nuclear facility, guarded by Iranian Revolutionary Guardsmen, to be deeply disturbing.

      One the one hand it seems to be ridiculous, in a James bond super-villain kind of way. But the possible reality of it is deeply disturbing, as I never really considered that Iranian shenanigans could actually draw the West into a general war before. Now I can totally see it. Clearly their intent and capacity to manipulate, and benefit from international strife is brazen and insatiable.
      Yes, how dare the Iranians have their men killed in Israeli surprise bombings made without warning in Syria!

      Look, you want to support Israel, then by all means support Israel. They certainly have a case here. But don't come off about 'drawing' the West into a general war or other such retoric. This is a Mk1 typical convoluted situation, that came about without anybody asking for it, that is causing complications on all sides, that might snowball.

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by Yono View Post
        The Russians are making a lot of noise about it, but they always do anyways.
        That may be true, but I'm going to point something out to you. Russia is the one country in this mess that has the capacity, with its long range conventional bomber forces, to send mass cruise missile strikes into Israel, and really do serious damage to Israeli infastructure.

        Israel should therefore think long and hard before making more strikes which kill Russian civilians in Syria. I'm not saying Russia would do more than bitch, I'm saying Russia can do more than bitch, if it chooses

        And that sets it apart from Syria and Iran.

        I assume that Israel actually warned Russia prior to attacking, the danger of provocation and engaging Russian prestige otherwise, being so great.

        Comment


        • #34
          Accordign to the BBC

          Originally posted by GCoyote View Post
          Israeli version > Weapons convoy. Makes sense as this posses a direct threat to Israeli security.

          Syrian version > Scientific research facility. Makes sense if believe the Zionist/baby killer/blah blah blah.
          http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-21269766

          Two people died, five were injured. No reports of 'Russians'.
          Faux Snooze Network duped us again...
          The trout who swims against the current gets the most oxygen..

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by Glenn239 View Post
            That may be true, but I'm going to point something out to you. Russia is the one country in this mess that has the capacity, with its long range conventional bomber forces, to send mass cruise missile strikes into Israel, and really do serious damage to Israeli infastructure.
            .
            That is a knife that cuts both ways.
            "Profanity is but a linguistic crutch for illiterate motherbleepers"

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by Glenn239 View Post
              That may be true, but I'm going to point something out to you. Russia is the one country in this mess that has the capacity, with its long range conventional bomber forces, to send mass cruise missile strikes into Israel, and really do serious damage to Israeli infastructure.

              Israel should therefore think long and hard before making more strikes which kill Russian civilians in Syria. I'm not saying Russia would do more than bitch, I'm saying Russia can do more than bitch, if it chooses

              And that sets it apart from Syria and Iran.

              I assume that Israel actually warned Russia prior to attacking, the danger of provocation and engaging Russian prestige otherwise, being so great.
              You say it as if Israel can't give what it takes
              I am G.I. Jew

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by johnbryan View Post
                That is a knife that cuts both ways.
                That is true. And I highly doubt the Russians would want to try it anyway. They're working hard to rebuild their air force, why would they want to lose it over Israel?
                ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

                BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

                BLACK MOTORCYCLES MATTER!

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by Glenn239 View Post
                  Yes, how dare the Iranians have their men killed in Israeli surprise bombings made without warning in Syria!


                  If I were an Iranian on a convoy of weapons on their way to Hezbollah, I would certainly have my eyes to the sky.............
                  ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

                  BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

                  BLACK MOTORCYCLES MATTER!

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by Gixxer86g View Post
                    If I were an Iranian on a convoy of weapons on their way to Hezbollah, I would certainly have my eyes to the sky.............
                    Hell, I'd be sitting on the hood of the car, scanning the skies both in front and in back..
                    "Profanity is but a linguistic crutch for illiterate motherbleepers"

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by johnbryan View Post
                      That is a knife that cuts both ways.
                      I wouldn't be writing cheques for anyone. Israel and Russia both have a strong incentive to prevent misunderstandings that could create complications. The Israelis have demonstrated displeasure at SA-17 missiles being sent to Lebanon. Perhaps the Russians can work on that behind the scenes. Israel has no interest - none - in killing Russians in Syria. Anyone looking at that scenario with indifference or relish is no friend of Israel's.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by Gixxer86g View Post
                        That is true. And I highly doubt the Russians would want to try it anyway. They're working hard to rebuild their air force, why would they want to lose it over Israel?
                        I see no chance of an incident. But I am telling this forum that it is dangerous and inaccurate to model Russia as helpless as Syria. Russia ain't Syria, and never lose sight of that fact.

                        The Israelis were alarmed enough at the transfer of SA-17 missiles to Lebanan to make an attack to prevent it. The IAF described it as a 'game changer', a deadly threat to IAF air supremacy. SA-17 is 15 years old - we're talking a system from the late 1990's. So, what you are saying is that 1998 Russian SAM technology is so deadly that Israel needed to attack inside Syria to prevent its spread, but at the same time that 2013 Russian SAM (and AF) technology is not a serious threat to Israel.

                        You're telling me Russian tech has gone backwards in the suceeding 15 years? Because I'm pretty sure that there is a case to be made that the new SA-400 could rip the IAF apart, and that is independent of Russian fighters and interceptors.

                        Neither side wants any part to complications. Hence, both will work behind the scenes to try and ensure there will be none.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          From this video I say it was a ground attack.

                          http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-21312995

                          Whats your bda?

                          http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bomb_damage_assessment
                          Last edited by Bwaha; 05 Feb 13, 04:52.
                          Credo quia absurdum.


                          Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by Glenn239 View Post
                            The Israelis were alarmed enough at the transfer of SA-17 missiles to Lebanan to make an attack to prevent it. The IAF described it as a 'game changer', a deadly threat to IAF air supremacy. SA-17 is 15 years old - we're talking a system from the late 1990's. So, what you are saying is that 1998 Russian SAM technology is so deadly that Israel needed to attack inside Syria to prevent its spread, but at the same time that 2013 Russian SAM (and AF) technology is not a serious threat to Israel.
                            SA-17's are game changers when in the hands of Hezbollah or Hamas. There's a major difference. They were in the hands of Syria for quite a while now and no one in the IDF even broke a sweat over it.

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by Glenn239 View Post
                              I see no chance of an incident. But I am telling this forum that it is dangerous and inaccurate to model Russia as helpless as Syria. Russia ain't Syria, and never lose sight of that fact.

                              Of course Russia isn't helpless. But they don't have the force projection to threaten Israel, and their LR bomber fleet would be decimated. At this time, Russia is geared towards conflicts in their own back yard.

                              The SA-17 is still a threat, especially if it's use were a surprise.

                              The real teeth and claws of Russia at this point in time is is nukes. But as I pointed out, they are working hard to change that.

                              ANd in the "what if" arena, if Russia were to launch a large bombing raid against Israel, we might just find out how deadly the F-22 really is.

                              [/QUOTE]
                              ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

                              BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

                              BLACK MOTORCYCLES MATTER!

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by Gixxer86g View Post
                                Of course Russia isn't helpless. But they don't have the force projection to threaten Israel, and their LR bomber fleet would be decimated. At this time, Russia is geared towards conflicts in their own back yard.

                                The SA-17 is still a threat, especially if it's use were a surprise.

                                The real teeth and claws of Russia at this point in time is is nukes. But as I pointed out, they are working hard to change that.

                                ANd in the "what if" arena, if Russia were to launch a large bombing raid against Israel, we might just find out how deadly the F-22 really is.
                                Russia wont go to war to support Syria. Putin's a buggar but he's also probably the least dumb of all the world's main leaders...

                                Comment

                                Latest Topics

                                Collapse

                                • Cheetah772
                                  The Expanse
                                  Cheetah772
                                  Anyone following The Expanse series? I am an avid fan of the books upon which the show is based on. I am so thrilled that Amazon picked up the show from...
                                  Yesterday, 22:34
                                • wolfhnd
                                  Tommy Robinson Arrested
                                  wolfhnd
                                  Hate speech laws and arbitrary enforcement of laws seem to be the norm in Europe now. Are "socialist" countries unavoidably totalitarian?
                                  Yesterday, 20:55
                                • Cosmos
                                  How to post a video
                                  Cosmos
                                  I've worked out how to post a video . Click on A to toggle Advanced Editor . Then in the last box of four on the new top row click the last symbol (Insert...
                                  Yesterday, 18:00
                                Working...
                                X