U.S. denies Iran's reports of captured drone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• U.S. denies Iran's reports of captured drone

Odd timing. Any big meetings on Iran this week?
    I watched the video and there isn't anything in it that establishes when, where, or how the Iranians got their hands on this Scan Eagle.

By Yeganeh Torbati and Daniel Fineren | Reuters – 2 hrs 5 mins ago

DUBAI (Reuters) - Iran said on Tuesday it had captured a U.S. intelligence drone in its airspace over the Gulf in the last few days, but the U.S. military quickly denied having lost any unmanned aircraft in the Middle East.
    The incident highlighted tensions in the Gulf as the Islamic Republic and the United States demonstrate their military capabilities in the vital oil exporting region in a standoff over Iran's disputed nuclear program.
    Iran has repeatedly threatened to close the Strait of Hormuz - through which about 40 percent of the world's seaborne crude oil is shipped - if it comes under attack. U.S. commanders have said they will not let that happen.
    http://news.yahoo.com/iran-captures-...--finance.html
    Last edited by GCoyote; 04 Dec 12, 11:14.
    Any metaphor will tear if stretched over too much reality.

Questions about our site? See the FAQ.

For further informations:

iran-captures-intruding-us-drone

Video included.
    Mundstuhl - We Germans

Comment

Same video with English language presentation. The announcer is incorrect in that this would not be launched from an aircraft carrier. It is for use by small-mid-sized surface ships or land based units.

More on the ScanEagle - http://www.boeing.com/defense-space/...gle/index.html

In service since 2004 so the Iranians may have had this for quite some time. Also this example lacks US military admin markings.

Comment

Does Israel use the Scan Eagle?
        ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

BLACK MOTORCYCLES MATTER!

Comment

Originally posted by Gixxer86g View Post
          Does Israel use the Scan Eagle?
          They weren't listed as a customer on the manufacture's page and IIRC the Israelis sell a competing product of their own.

Comment

The Iranians haven't hijacked another US drone? That's not the second one in less than a year.

Comment

Latest word I heard is that the drone is owned by the UAE and was used to keep track of fishing vessels in waters where other countries fishing vessels often wander. Great Iran, you just shot down the newest technology used by UAE game & fish personnel. What will you do next? Shoot up a Fish & Game pickup and claim its a CIA operation?
              "If you are right, then you are right even if everyone says you are wrong. If you are wrong then you are wrong even if everyone says you are right." William Penn.

Comment

They Could Be Using US Technology Against Them To Gain An Advantage Of Sorts But We Will Never Know Irans True Capablilites
                Oh Sure The Old Man's Off His Rocker If Grampa Says He's Dead He Must Be Alive
                Grampa Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by killemall View Post
                  They Could Be Using US Technology Against Them To Gain An Advantage Of Sorts But We Will Never Know Irans True Capablilites
                  Ja, to get informations about this I like to read iranian news and I can tell you, that this guys are in the mood to bring the war into the US, as they are telling. Ok, may it is a kind of propaganda but...Iīm not shure. For excample: Since nearly three weeks I havenīt seen any civil shiptracking around the Persian Gulf. The ships are to see only anchor and I believe to have learned if they are showing the anchor ships and no travelling ships there are no travelling ships but...you can imagine: Iīm not shure!
                  Mundstuhl - We Germans

Comment

Originally posted by TuffGong View Post
                    Ja, to get informations about this I like to read iranian news and I can tell you, that this guys are in the mood to bring the war into the US, as they are telling. Ok, may it is a kind of propaganda but...Iīm not shure. For excample: Since nearly three weeks I havenīt seen any civil shiptracking around the Persian Gulf. The ships are to see only anchor and I believe to have learned if they are showing the anchor ships and no travelling ships there are no travelling ships but...you can imagine: Iīm not shure!
                    If no ships are moving in the Persian gulf we'd get an oil shortage crisis.

Comment

Actually stockpiles in the US are higher than predicted and have been for some time. Slowing economic activity in Europe and China has further reduced demand. If it were not for the "risk premium" brought on by all of the unrest in the middle east, the price of oil would not be as high as it currently is.

Comment

Originally posted by GCoyote View Post
                        Actually stockpiles in the US are higher than predicted and have been for some time. Slowing economic activity in Europe and China has further reduced demand. If it were not for the "risk premium" brought on by all of the unrest in the middle east, the price of oil would not be as high as it currently is.
                        Yes, like this it will work. High stokepile and low consume make the world go round further. But...we are heading into winter and why it is so silent, if the Strait is closed and who did it, if. Damm, till yet I havenīt found any webcam of the Strait of Hormuz. Did you, please?
                        Mundstuhl - We Germans

Comment

No it's not propaganda. The Persian Gulf has been closed by the Iranians. The western press has not reported this because of its collusion with their governments. The Iranians appear to have used alien technology which they captured from Area 51. This technology allows them to cause the propeller shafts on the tankers to seize up and stop.

Comment

Since last Saturday the traffic in the Gulf is coming up again.

To stop the civil traffic it would be enough to say: Sorry, the waterway is closed and please, take a rest as long it is so. May it take a little time to clear all risks and then you can go further on.
                            Mundstuhl - We Germans

Comment

Originally posted by TuffGong View Post
                              To stop the civil traffic it would be enough to say: Sorry, the waterway is closed and please, take a rest as long it is so. May it take a little time to clear all risks and then you can go further on.
                              In the real world that would be considered an act of war

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X