fight for peaceful, reasonable 2 state solution,
    or make their own life as miserable as it is possible,
    launch nonstop, total war against the sworn enemy
    until complete elimination.
    They made their choice.
    Dixi.

Beware of Occam's razor !!!!

Originally posted by marktwain View Post
    I'm running low on tolerance . I noticed that notorious stock 'sewage beach' pix just got hauled out ONCE again.
    You will note the long lines, the huge amount of footprints along the narrow sand front, the very few people risking Hepatitis.
    http://smpalestine.com/2012/07/16/summer-and-the-sea/

One of the Canadian hasbarapunditti flagged this 'stock Theresienstadt ' out two years ago on the CBC Fora & got ripped a new one...
    apparently, the pollution warning signs have been airbrushed out!

http://www.csmonitor.com/Environment...ens-water-woes
    http://electronicintifada.net/conten...tion-risk/8974

At Dachau, the guards used to laugh at forcing the inmates to handle excrement with their bare hands. In Gaza 's Human zoo, the guards seem to delight in watching people forced to swim in sewage.

Meeet the new boss, same as the old boss...

Here's an uplifting story...
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/8631860.stm

People trying their best ..
    More Photoshopped Dachau
    How Gaza looked before current escalation

Last edited by RS116; 19 Nov 12, 20:45.
    Dixi.

Comment

GAZA’S OLYMPIC-SIZED SWIMMING POOL

http://www.tomgrossmedia.com/mideast...es/001127.html
      Dixi.

Comment

Dixi.

Comment

Then lets think 'outside the box"

Originally posted by Crackshot View Post
          I do care about suffering. I also care when people try to pin it all on Israel, forgetting that they haven't occupied Gaza since 2005 and are also the main supplier of Gaza's vital needs. Hamas destroyed Gaza's economy and put the Palestinians in the middle of a stupid war. And yet people insist on focusing the blame disproportionately on Israel. If you want to prove me wrong, link me to at least one post where you condemn Hamas or acknowledge their role in this conflict.

Gaza is, as you so eloquently put it, a human zoo because the Palestinian leadership made it so.
          Can Gaza be expanded into the Sinai, Halfway to Suez?
          Rationelle: BUFFER STATE between Egypt & Isreal
          Room for Gaza to develop the offshore natural gas reserves, coastal ports.
          Allows for a massive French Nuclear reactor driving reverse osmosis, plentiful power supply.
          http://www.world-nuclear.org/info/inf40.html
          http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reverse_osmosis_plant

If its any comfoprt, onthe Palestinian sites I'm regarded as a 'dangerous pro Zionist', here I'm a dangerous lefty pro Palestinian.
          Which means I may be just about right
          The trout who swims against the current gets the most oxygen..

Comment

Can Gaza be expanded into the Sinai, Halfway to Suez?
            Rationelle: BUFFER STATE between Egypt & Isreal
            Never happen. Privately, the Egyptians will refuse having to deal with Gaza. Say what you want about the Israelis, they treat the Palestinians in their own country way better then the Arabs do.
            You, the mothers, who sent their sons from faraway countries wipe away your tears; your sons are now lying in our bosom and are in peace, after having lost their lives on this land they have become our sons as well.

-- Ataturk

Comment

Originally posted by Crackshot View Post
              Never happen. Privately, the Egyptians will refuse having to deal with Gaza. Say what you want about the Israelis, they treat the Palestinians in their own country way better then the Arabs do.
              Last edited by marktwain; 20 Nov 12, 00:26.

Comment

That is not, however, an unsolvable problem. San Marino, the Vatican City, Andorra and Liechtenstein also aren't viable as independent states living in a vacuum. But they solve the problem by having friendly relations with their neighbors. And they are largely independent in their internal affairs, so much so that they have considerable assets: being tourism and banking havens, for instance.
                So the solution is simple: Gaza, assuming the locals don't want to rejoin with the West Bank, can be a state on its own, they only have to give up absurd conquest dreams and acts of war against the country that feeds them water, power, gas and food (even in these days, the Israelis have not stopped foodstuff deliveries).
                Michele

Comment

we should avoid 'fallbaCK'

Now that the topic is clawed out of personal remark & insult, we should try to keep it levelled.

Pictures 'lie'. The infamous gaza luxury mall, for example, is smaller than my neighbourhood Superstore, & was built entirely out of material smuggled in through tunnels.

I believe we have all been around the block once

http://iajv99.wordpress.com/sign-the...dia-statement/
                  http://www.boston.com/news/world/mid...n_boom/?page=2
                  Last edited by marktwain; 20 Nov 12, 09:42.

Comment

Now that the topic is clawed out of personal remark & insult, we should try to keep it levelled.

Pictures 'lie'. The infamous gaza luxury mall, for example, is smaller than my neighbourhood Superstore, & was built entirely out of material smuggled in through tunnels.

I believe we have all been around the block once

http://iajv99.wordpress.com/sign-the...dia-statement/
                    http://www.boston.com/news/world/mid...n_boom/?page=2
                    Pictures are pictures.
                    Whether somebody likes them, or not.
                    They clearly show, that life in Gaza is far from
                    Dachau, of Auschwitz.
                    A lot of food, goods etc...

Even such comparison is disgusting and filthy sample of
                    leftist propaganda.

By the way, any of forum members could check
                    how Gaza looks like using
                    Google and Yahoo maps satellite view.
                    And it clearly shows, accurate streets,
                    homes.
                    Not a dead ruined city, the way leftists propaganda
                    always was trying to present.

Moreover.
                    Gaza. Wikitravel.
                    http://wikitravel.org/en/Gaza

Buy

Despite the intense conflict and rhetoric, Gazans use the Israeli shekel (₪). But bring some boxes of cigarettes into the Strip and everyone will be your friend. However, please note the policemen at the Hamas checkpoint into Gaza are now opening all bags and disposing of any alcohol (since early 2009). Do not bring alcohol into Gaza, it could land you into serious trouble and it is always good to respect local Islamic customs.
                    • Gaza Mall, [1]. This elegant new mall is the place to be to escape the hubbub of Gaza's bustling Rimal district. With a fully-stocked supermarket, fast food restaurant and multiple shops, Gazans have quickly taken to this place. Enjoy the relaxing fountains if you have had enough of shopping or need a break. The Gaza Mall is comparable to most Western-style malls only in structure and comfort, but not even remotely in size. You will usually find it packed to the brim with residents of Rimal in the summer escaping the midday heat and may quickly find you want to escape elsewhere. edit

• Interesting sculptures / lampshades fashioned from old cigarette cartons.

• Foustouk and simsimiya. The former is a sticky peanuty snack. The latter is its sesame cousin.

[edit][add listing] Eat

Usual Arabic cheap eats are available anywhere. Head to the posh suburb of Rimal for fancier food; the restaurant in the Windmill Hotel is nice. Also keep in mind that if you wish to bring in any food, you should first check which foods are and are not acceptable under Islam. If you are caught with forbidden food, it may lead to trouble with the authorities or the local population. Finally, it is not unheard of to be invited over for dinner.
                    • Aldeira Restaurant. On the seaside terrace, this restaurant serves lovely mezes (small mediterranean-style dishes), including the Gazan speciality Daqqa (a sometimes very spicy chili salad, very nice). They also have some tasty main courses: try the shrimps in tomato sauce, baked in the oven, and served in a clay pot. And don't miss out on the fresh strawberry juice! Enhanced with a scoop of vanilla ice-cream, it is higly enjoyable. Remember that the sale of alcohol in Gaza is restricted and that as of most recently, you cannot bring it in with you when you arrive in the Strip. edit

• Matouk, (Behind the legislative council building). Serves an excellent chicken tawwouk. edit

• Roots Club, Cairo St, Remal (in the heart of Gaza City), ☎ +972 8 2888666 ([email protected], fax: +972 8 2888999), [2]. Fine dining. Offers both high end Arabian/Mediterranean cuisine and cheaper fast food at the Big Bite annex. The restaurant frequently caters for special events, including foreign dignitaries and heads of non-governmental organizations. edit

• Seafood Restaurant, (just north of al-Deira hotel). Very good seafood restaurant. edit
                    • Al Mat'haf Resort, (Soudnya beach), ☎ 0097082858444, [3]. On a small hill overlooking the sea in Gaza stands “Al-Mathaf” (arabic for “The Museum”, pronounced Al-Mat-Haf), a one-of-a-kind recreation and cultural center that showcases Gaza’s rich historical past and seamlessly blends it into the context of life in modern Gaza. As it’s name suggests, Al-Mathaf is home to Gaza’s finest archaeological museum, which is filled with beautiful artifacts that celebrate Gaza’s rich cultural heritage. Along-side these historical treasures of ancient civilizations, today’s Gazans gathers at Al-Mathaf’s beautiful Restaurant-Café, a center of modern culture and recreation in Gaza. In a time when many in Gaza have forgotten our heritage, Al-Mathaf aims to preserve the regions rich history, provide a venue for modern cultural dialogue, and carry a message for this generation to build a brighter future. edit

Of course, Wikitravel is a Zionist site and nothing above exists.

Dixi.

Comment

Gaza City 2007

More
                      Gaza beaches

Gaza Restaurant Roots The Club

The video is a promotional advertisement done by the Roots The Club Restaurant in Gaza Strip.
                      "A unique blend of contemporary design and urban chic, Roots Club is an icon in the heart of Gaza City. This multi-use complex - which includes an international cuisine fine dining restaurant, an elegant banquet hall and a terrace café - is just minutes from Gazas key attractions, shopping facilities, and business center. It is only 200 meters away from the white sand Gaza beach."

Gaza Water Park and luxury restaurants Arab Palestinians enjoy

Arabs in Gaza have a new park - the Crazy Water Park, the Palestinians also enjoy luxury restaurants. They need some humanitarian relief and aid to help with all the fun. Please bring Inflatable Pool Mattress with the aid convoy to gaza.

Unfortunately this park does not exist any more.
                      Zionists ?
                      No way.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crazy_Water_Park

Crazy Water Aqua Fun Park was a water park in the Gaza Strip, Palestinian territories, that served the territory's small wealthy class.[1] The park opened in May 2010 and was burned down by masked men in September 2010, after being closed by the Palestinian Hamas de facto government for allowing men and women to mingle.[

Last edited by RS116; 21 Nov 12, 23:06.
                      Dixi.

Comment

Originally posted by RS116 View Post
                        Pictures are pictures.
                        Dachau, of Auschwitz.

leftist propaganda.
                        ========================

Then a page of ignored yada yada yada

You have made five written committments to this fora to IGNORE my posts, each of which lasted about thirty minutes.

Self control; is a valuable tool. Use it...
                        Last edited by GCoyote; 22 Nov 12, 14:27. Reason: fixed [/quote] tag

Comment

[QUOTE=marktwain;2399257]
                          Originally posted by RS116 View Post
                          Pictures are pictures.
                          Dachau, of Auschwitz.

leftist propaganda.
                          ========================

Then a page of ignored yada yada yada

You have made five written committments to this fora to IGNORE my posts, each of which lasted about thirty minutes.

Self control; is a valuable tool. Use it...

So you can provide 5 quotes and 5 links to my commitments
                          to ignore your posts, otherwise you again will be called a liar.

You have 2 hours.
                          I have a day off today, so I won't wait until evening.
                          Dixi.

Comment

Originally posted by Michele View Post
                            Gaza is not viable as an independent state living in a vacuum.

That is not, however, an unsolvable problem. San Marino, the Vatican City, Andorra and Liechtenstein also aren't viable as independent states living in a vacuum. But they solve the problem by having friendly relations with their neighbors. And they are largely independent in their internal affairs, so much so that they have considerable assets: being tourism and banking havens, for instance.
                            So the solution is simple: Gaza, assuming the locals don't want to rejoin with the West Bank, can be a state on its own, they only have to give up absurd conquest dreams and acts of war against the country that feeds them water, power, gas and food (even in these days, the Israelis have not stopped foodstuff deliveries).
                            This ^. Calling for the extermination of your neighbor is never a good calling card nor basis for a viable state..no matter how small it may be. There is potential for Gaza....lots of it in fact....but Hamas refuses to be a part of it. They reap what they sow.

As a former supporter of the two-state solution, I'm no longer inclined to believe or support a single word they say. I'm done with them. Not that I think Israel is guilt-less either....I'm just fed up with the entire region.
                            You'll live, only the best get killed.

-General Charles de Gaulle

Comment

Originally posted by asterix View Post
                              This ^. Calling for the extermination of your neighbor is never a good calling card nor basis for a viable state..no matter how small it may be. There is potential for Gaza....lots of it in fact....but Hamas refuses to be a part of it. They reap what they sow.

As a former supporter of the two-state solution, I'm no longer inclined to believe or support a single word they say. I'm done with them. Not that I think Israel is guilt-less either....I'm just fed up with the entire region.
                              Alas, but I am afraid, that you in Europe
                              quite soon will have a problems of ME region
                              as a domestic problems.
                              Dixi.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X