Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paris Hilton whips up a storm in holy Mecca

http://www.cnn.com/2012/11/20/world/...html?hpt=hp_c3

As an American socialite and hotel heiress, Paris Hilton has built up a global brand on her sexy image -- and sometimes very few clothes.
    But many believe she has gone a step too far in opening a store selling luxury items in the Muslim holy city of Mecca in Saudi Arabia.
    Ahmed Al Omran, who writes the blogs Saudi Jeans and Riyadh Bureau, said: "Some people were angry about it and others saw the humor in it.
    "In the end, it's made a lot of people think about the bigger issue of the commercialization of Mecca where historic sites have been demolished to make way for modern malls and international brands.
    "There's no particular reason to be outraged about Paris Hilton when we already have Gucci and Christian Dior. But for many it's further evidence of how the character of Mecca is being lost."
    He added: "It's the combination of the location of the store, who Paris Hilton is and what she stands for."
    I had no idea. I'm so conflicted. Part of me wants to tell the Saudis to boot her butt out of there since I find her so annoying. The other part of me want's to say, and I never thought I'd think this, "Go Paris, sell those overpriced, sweat shop produced, gaudy things you sell!"

I realize this isn't a huge news story, however I find it interesting.

WHAT!!!!

Heart attack time.

I really cannot believe that the Saudis put up with it.
    "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
      WHAT!!!!

Heart attack time.

I really cannot believe that the Saudis put up with it.
      Weird, huh? Honestly the fact that I found this remotely interesting is probably a demonstration of my ignorance regarding the culture. I must read more.

Comment

That's very intolerant of them.
        "A common thug can kill someone, but it takes the talents of an intelligence service to make a murder appear to be a suicide or accident death." -- James Angleton, CIA, Chief of Counterintelligence.

Comment

Originally posted by unclefred View Post
          That's very intolerant of them.
          Can we really blame them in this instance? I mean, she is borderline intollerable, after all.

Comment

What next, Victory's Secrets or The Playboy Club?
            "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Anyone who pisses of Nazi muslim oppressive intolerance is OK by me.

I can't stand the 'bint' but on this occasion I say; 'WELL DONE GIRL!'

Paul
              ‘Tis said his form is tiny, yet
              All human ills he can subdue,
              Or with a bauble or medal
              Can win mans heart for you;
              And many a blessing know to stew
              To make a megloamaniac bright;
              Give honour to the dainty Corse,
              The Pixie is a little shite.

Comment

Originally posted by llkinak View Post
                Can we really blame them in this instance? I mean, she is borderline intollerable, after all.
                you got that right! I don't blame them one bit.
                "A common thug can kill someone, but it takes the talents of an intelligence service to make a murder appear to be a suicide or accident death." -- James Angleton, CIA, Chief of Counterintelligence.

Comment

Well I wouldn't like a Paris Hilton luxury store in the Vatican. I can relate.

Comment

I don't know if it's her pretty face, etc or all her money but she'd be welcome to open a store in my neighbourhood any day of the week.

As for the stone worshippers I think they should do their best to adapt to the Western way - their only hope of making real progress with the rest of the world.

A kosher butcher in Mecca would be a nice gesture to encourage friendship between Israel and the Arab world.
                    The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. Thomas Jefferson.

Comment

Hmm, I have always suggested that Paris Hilton would be a perfect companion for Charlie Sheen. They would be perfect together.

But this girl who does not actually follow the path of Mother Teresa is in Saudi Arabia?
                      When looking for the reason why things go wrong, never rule out stupidity, Murphy's Law Nº 8
                      Those who do not remember history are doomed to repeat it. George Santayana
                      "Ach du schwein" a German parrot captured at Bukoba GEA the only prisoner taken

Comment

I bow to the greatness of my Aeterial Princess Paris Hilton.

Comment

I wonder if Paris Hilton wears panties in Saudi Arabia. She did not in New York when she flashed the photgraphers. A bit like:

http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/west...-1226331807382

When looking for the reason why things go wrong, never rule out stupidity, Murphy's Law Nº 8
                          Those who do not remember history are doomed to repeat it. George Santayana
                          "Ach du schwein" a German parrot captured at Bukoba GEA the only prisoner taken

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
                            What next, Victory's Secrets or The Playboy Club?
                            Pretty sure they are already there. IIRC Saudi Arabia is one of the largest purchasers of lingerie on earth.

A wild liberal appears! Conservative uses logical reasoning and empirical evidence! It's super effective! Wild liberal faints.

Comment

Originally posted by llkinak View Post
                              As much or even more than Kim Kardashian. She needs the money since the Hilton family has been disinheted by their patriarch her grandfather by a total of $2.3 billion. She only is at present worth only $100 million.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X