• Show
Clear All

• Assad's interview to RT

Full text here

http://rt.com/news/assad-interview-exclusive-syria-265/

Video with the journalist who took the interview

www.histours.ru

Siege of Leningrad battlefield tour

Very interesting, this is why I like RT - in addition to all the other news channels I watch - in spite of some of the criticisms (and some of the western nuts they like to interview) no way would we have a Western reporter interview Assad at this point.

I do quibble with his refusal to call the conflict a civil war though. Even if, as seems clear, there is a fair amount of weapons and support coming from Turkey and other countries there are too many fighters in the insurgents ranks to be dismissed as foreign terrorists. Of course it would not be the first time outsiders take advantage of internal divisions in a country.

Comment

Originally posted by joea View Post
      Very interesting, this is why I like RT - in addition to all the other news channels I watch - in spite of some of the criticisms (and some of the western nuts they like to interview) no way would we have a Western reporter interview Assad at this point.
      And just like in the case of "closed Russian archives", all of them would cry out loud about the "impossibility" of conducting such interviews, either with Assad or any of his representatives No direct examples of official denials of interviews would be presented, of course.

I do quibble with his refusal to call the conflict a civil war though. Even if, as seems clear, there is a fair amount of weapons and support coming from Turkey and other countries there are too many fighters in the insurgents ranks to be dismissed as foreign terrorists. Of course it would not be the first time outsiders take advantage of internal divisions in a country.
      This resembles the unwillingness of the Russian government, both in Yeltsin's and Putin's time, to call the war in Chechnya actually a "war" or even a "military conflict". Officially it was proclaimed an "operation for the restoration of Constitutional law and order".
      www.histours.ru

Siege of Leningrad battlefield tour

Comment

Very interesting. Thanks for posting the link to the article.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
        X