Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Today's Syria, Middle East Crisis, not new, it began in WW1 & 1919.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today's Syria, Middle East Crisis, not new, it began in WW1 & 1919.

Hi The Syria, Middle East conflict, we see in the news today, is not new, it began in WW1 and 1919. If anyone is interested in the origins of the middle east conflict, as a general interest or for research purposes, you may be interested in my ebook. See on Amazon Kindle and Smashwords site.

Arnold Crabtree, my Great-Uncle-In-Law (brother of Arnold, sniper ebook) was part of a peace keeping force, which was drafted into Constantinople, Turkey, to maintain order, after the turmoil of the Mesopotamian Campaign, in the dying stages of the Ottoman Empire.

British soldiers faced daily conflict from ethnic tribes, soaring crime rates, extreme temperatures and the fatality of tropical diseases. My short ebook is packed with photographs, maps and leading personalities of the day. Thank you for your time.

I did once see a historian (can't remember who) many years back refer to all of the Middle Eastern problems as just chapters in the Wars of Ottoman Succession, and they mentioned that we probably have another century of it before it's properly settled.

Looking at it that way puts a hell of a lot of the ME imbroglio into perspective.
    Matthew 5:9 Blessed are the cheesemakers

That's right bitches. I'm blessed!

Comment

Makes you think.

Perhaps if the Ottoman Empire had not been dismantled after WW1, would the Middle East be a happier place today ?
      "I dogmatise and am contradicted, and in this conflict of opinions and sentiments I find delight".
      Samuel Johnson.

Comment

Originally posted by BELGRAVE View Post
        Makes you think.

Perhaps if the Ottoman Empire had not been dismantled after WW1, would the Middle East be a happier place today ?
        Because the Arabs just loved living under Turkish rule...
        ´
        “You need to help people. I know it's not very Republican to say but you need to help people.” DONALD TRUMP, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by BELGRAVE View Post
          Makes you think.

If it had been dismantled way before WWI it might be. Main problem is that it was dismantled after WWI, and then run by other colonial powers, and then became pawns in Cold war.
          Wisdom is personal

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
          X