Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Church of the Holy Sepulchre in row over water bill

Church of the Holy Sepulchre in row over water bill

The Church of the Holy Sepulchre in Jerusalem has warned that it may shut its doors to pilgrims in protest at a dispute with an Israeli water company.

The church, where many Christians believe Jesus was crucified, has had its bank account frozen at the request of Hagihon over an unpaid $2.3m bill.

The dispute has left hundreds of priests, monks and teachers unpaid.

The church has traditionally not been charged for water, but Hagihon says it is owed money for the past 15 years.
    BBC - Full Article

I'm sure the Pope could spare a few jewels...
    ´
    “You need to help people. I know it's not very Republican to say but you need to help people.” DONALD TRUMP, 2016

Comment

What a wonderful opportunity for the church to strike a rock and have water gush forth! Why would the water company wait 15 years to try to collect?

Pruitt
      Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

Originally posted by Jonathanrex1 View Post
        I'm sure the Pope could spare a few jewels...
        Do you mean the Greek Orthodox Patriarch? I suppose so, since the bill didn't go to the Catholic Church. There is a complex arrangement for running that church, but it seems that this specific mess is the Patriarch's headache.

Why would the water company wait 15 years to try to collect?
        It's explained in the article.
        Michele

Comment

They were just about to reach a tentative settlement when Hagihon suddenly enforced a court order to freeze the patriarchate’s central bank account.
          This seems like something relatively simple to resolve...just unfreeze the church's bank account.
          "Stand for the flag ~ Kneel for the fallen"

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
          X