Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

World War lll. Not invited to take part!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World War lll. Not invited to take part!

Since 1945 we have all been working on the assumption that as and when WWlll kicks off we, The West will be fielding our best team. Either the West vs, Russia, the West vs. China or the West vs, the Arab world or some combination of the above.

Reading through the papers today it actually looks as though the next Big One migh be an international civil war between muslim nations of various sects and we might not even be invited.

Could the inevitable end to all human civilisation come when a war between Sunnis and Shiites goes nuclear when Pakistan gets involved?
    What would Occam say?

Sort of a pleasent thought, sort of.
    "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

I know but still, it does seem rude not to have even asked us. Like when you are having a party and you feel obliged to invite the people you work with but don't really want them to attend. I mean its not as though we couldn't bring all our own tanks and stuff.
      What would Occam say?

Comment

I could see the next big war being a religious war between African Muslims vs African Christians intertwined with the numerous resource and ethnic struggles that happen regularly their.

Then their is of course the South China Sea conflict, India vs Pakistan, and maybe even a war over the Himalayas (the major source of South/East Asian rivers) between India and China.
        ´
        “You need to help people. I know it's not very Republican to say but you need to help people.” DONALD TRUMP, 2016

Comment

Almost by definition the next World War requires the major powers to take part, chief amongst them is the US. Even in a very large regional dispute the US may be compelled by whatever forces, to become involved, especially if such a regional conflict had wider reaching impact.
          ------
          'I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than those attending too small a degree of it.' - Thomas Jefferson

If you have questions about the forum please check the FAQ/Rules

Comment

Originally posted by Selous View Post
            Almost by definition the next World War requires the major powers to take part, chief amongst them is the US. Even in a very large regional dispute the US may be compelled by whatever forces, to become involved, especially if such a regional conflict had wider reaching impact.
            Quite. A 'world war' sort of requires a fair chunk of the world - especially the important bits - to be involved.
            Human beings are the only creatures on Earth that claim a god and the only living thing that behaves like it hasn't got one - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

I suppose the West could nuke the survivors and claim the win.

I think Pakistan is the country most likely to start a major war. I have much more faith in Nth Korea using restraint than I do in Pakistan. That place is very, very close to having the inmates run the asylum, and those inmates are convinced that they are going to get a nice spot in the afterlife if they mass murder all those not as insane as them.
              Matthew 5:9 Blessed are the cheesemakers

That's right bitches. I'm blessed!

Comment

Probably the best thing to do is treat the next conflict as a semifinal with the West fighting the winner. Much neater.
                What would Occam say?

Comment

A winner stays on sort of system? I think we've plenty of precedent in history for that one
                  ------
                  'I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than those attending too small a degree of it.' - Thomas Jefferson

If you have questions about the forum please check the FAQ/Rules

Comment

Originally posted by Rojik View Post
                    I suppose the West could nuke the survivors and claim the win.

I think Pakistan is the country most likely to start a major war. I have much more faith in Nth Korea using restraint than I do in Pakistan. That place is very, very close to having the inmates run the asylum, and those inmates are convinced that they are going to get a nice spot in the afterlife if they mass murder all those not as insane as them.
                    I think the problem is that no one is running the asylum. In the DPRK the lunatics are in charge, but they want their asylum to stay intact (for now anyways). In Pakistan no one runs the whole show. From what I hear the guys with their fingers on the nuclear trigger are among the more sane (for now), but god only knows how long that will remain the case.
                    Human beings are the only creatures on Earth that claim a god and the only living thing that behaves like it hasn't got one - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by BF69 View Post
                      I think the problem is that no one is running the asylum. In the DPRK the lunatics are in charge, but they want their asylum to stay intact (for now anyways). In Pakistan no one runs the whole show. From what I hear the guys with their fingers on the nuclear trigger are among the more sane (for now), but god only knows how long that will remain the case.
                      Yep. I was thinking about the hardcore lunatics in the ISI (is that the spy service name?). They're under control - sort of and just - but god knows for how much longer.
                      Matthew 5:9 Blessed are the cheesemakers

That's right bitches. I'm blessed!

Comment

WWIII is in skirmish mode, and figuring out the league/division champions.

There are a few war leagues in the world. There's the Korean 38th Parallel. Both teams at a tie there.
                        The Afghan-Pakistan line. The home team is gaining ground against the foreigners. The Pakistan-India line with both teams at a tie there. The China-Taiwan line with both teams awaiting to play a game. The Iran-Israel line also awaiting to play a game. The Syrian-Turkey line is shaping up for a big match.

Then there are smaller leagues who want to be picked up by the bigger leagues like the Islamists in many countries trying to make their own territory, or Communists. The African league is chocked full of minor league players who have a lot of games under their belts. The Columbian league is still strong. The Filipino league as well. Can't forget the former Soviet Republics that share borders with Muslim states. Even the Irish have a little league of separatists. The bigger leagues have been funding and sponsoring players in these little leagues for decades. Sooner or later it will catch up with them when one of these little teams takes on a big team and upsets them. Then the world championships will begin.
                        The Europa Barbarorum II team [M2TW] needs YOUR HELP NOW HERE!

Comment

I will admit it is a interesting thought but the Muslim world does not have enough nukes to destroy the middle east much less the whole world.

Comment

What is happend in "Camp Minden"?
                            Mundstuhl - We Germans

Comment

Sorry, not WWIII yet.

Originally posted by TuffGong View Post
                              What is happend in "Camp Minden"?
                              But by daybreak, the source was traced to a more earthly cause — a bunker loaded with explosives and leased by Explo Systems Inc. exploded in the L-1 area toward the central eastern part of Camp Minden.
                              http://www.thenewsstar.com/article/2...ildings-nerves
                              Any metaphor will tear if stretched over too much reality.

Questions about our site? See the FAQ.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X