Israel or Iran

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Israel or Iran

If there is armed conflict this year (2012) between Israel and Iran whose side will you take and why ?
    Israel
    74.63%
    Iran
    4.48%
    Whichever does NOT "fire the first shot"
    5.97%
    Other : please specify
    14.93%

The poll is expired.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. Thomas Jefferson.

Well...sort of obvious innit?
    I am G.I. Jew

Comment

Neither, because it's hard to pick sides in all-out conflict. However, I will say Israel seems much more unwilling to force its will on the world than Iran does.

Comment

I thought this was a 'who do you think would win' thread, which I think would be more interesting. I am with no side that wants to cause mass hysteria, lie, destroy foreign relations, threaten a nuclear exchange and another war in the middle east which has no end. But if both sides cannot live in the same house, and will not recognize the others right to exist then why not let them at it until one side has been destroyed? Natural selection right? Just don't drag the rest of the world into a neighborly domestic dispute.
        The Europa Barbarorum II team [M2TW] needs YOUR HELP NOW HERE!

Comment

Israel...Iran has said Israel has no right to exist and to that I say a big "**** YOU!" to Iran.

-Matt
          SGT, 210th MP Battalion, 2nd MP BDE, MSSG

Fervently PRO-TRUMP, anti-Islam and anti-Steelers!

Comment

Israel, any day of the week.
            "Artillery lends dignity to what might otherwise be a vulgar brawl." - Frederick the Great

Comment

Israel.

Comment

Neither.

There will not be an armed conflict between the two countries and cannot be.

The only possibilities are-
                1) War by proxy, which is already happening.
                2) Nuclear war, which I hope will never happen.

Neither of the states posses the capabilities needed to engage the other in full conventional warfare.

Comment

Originally posted by Golani View Post
                  Neither.

There will not be an armed conflict between the two countries and cannot be.
                  They can hit each other with missiles or conduct air raids : to me that's armed conflict.
                  The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. Thomas Jefferson.

Comment

Originally posted by Cosmos View Post
                    They can hit each other with missiles or conduct air raids : to me that's armed conflict.
                    Ha- so limited in scale?

What would be each state's objective?
                    Its hard to predict in case of an all out war (aside from when dealing with enemies of Israel, usually) but its even harder to do so when considering only limited conflict.

I see no reason for Israel to have a limited campaign against Iran, other than against it's nuclear facilities and I see absolutely no reason for Iran to have a limited campaign against Israel since, well, they are already at it using Hezbollah and Hamas, so why risk their neck?

Comment

Ha- so limited in scale?

Its hard to predict in case of an all out war (aside from when dealing with enemies of Israel, usually) but its even harder to do so when considering only limited conflict.

I see no reason for Israel to have a limited campaign against Iran, other than against it's nuclear facilities and I see absolutely no reason for Iran to have a limited campaign against Israel since, well, they are already at it using Hezbollah and Hamas, so why risk their neck?
                      I believe Israel wants to limit Iran's capability to attack it. If Israel attacks Iran with the purpose of delaying weapons development it's just putting off the inevitable conflict.

Iran is already unpopular with most Western countries : I believe they are actually happy about that as it grabs the world's attention. I would like to see Iran exposed for the bully that I believe they are. Currently they have some clout because they have oil : I don't know what Israel could do to reduce the influence provided by that.

Undercover (cyber warfare etc) methods would serve Israel the best.

Comment

It's hard to predict whose side you'll be on? Now really.

I see no reason for Israel to have a limited campaign against Iran, other than against it's nuclear facilities ....
                        Yes, that's probably the objective most people around here have in mind.
                        Michele

Comment

Originally posted by Golani
                          Originally posted by Michele
                          It's hard to predict whose side you'll be on? Now really.
                          Golani said nothing about whose side he is on in the quote you responded to.

In terms of his response "Neither" previously, he said it in context to his opinion that actual direct armed conflict likely won't happen.

In that he is Israeli, there is no doubt that he would choose his side if armed conflict does happen. It ain't rocket science.

Last edited by Admiral; 28 Sep 12, 09:48.
                          On the Plains of Hesitation lie the blackened bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of victory, sat down to rest-and resting... died. Adlai E. Stevenson

ACG History Today

BoRG

Comment

Originally posted by Admiral View Post
                            [CENTER]Golani said nothing about whose side he is on in the quote you responded to.

In terms of his response "Neither" previously, he said it in context to his opinion that actual direct armed conflict likely won't happen.

In that he is Israeli, there is no doubt that he would choose his side if armed conflict does happen. It ain't rocket science.
                            In fact. I was aware of that, but thank you. I was trying to joke about the fact that the objective of an Israeli limited action against Iran as of 2012 is not hard to predict, and certainly not harder to predict than the hypothetical objective of a full-fledged war.

Sure we could discuss about the extent of destruction of nuclear facilities that the Israeli might set as their detailed objective, but the general thrust of the operation seems somewhat easy to predict.
                            Michele

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Jones View Post
                              Israel...Iran has said Israel has no right to exist and to that I say a big "**** YOU!" to Iran.

-Matt
                              I pray it doesn't come to that but I agree with Matt...Israel all the way
                              "Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few."- Sir Winston Churchill, about R.A.F. fighter pilots."
                              "It is well that war is so terrible, else we grow to fond of it." - Robert E. Lee

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X