Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad wants to "punish" world powers for imposing sanctions

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad wants to "punish" world powers for imposing sanctions

    Punish?? You mean by making statements like these? LOL

    "President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said Iran will not make "one iota of concessions." He said he will soon announce new conditions for talks with the West, but first he wants to punish world powers for imposing sanctions.

    "You showed bad temper, reneged on your promise and again resorted to devilish manners," he said of those powers. "We set conditions (for talks) so that, God willing, you'll be punished a bit and sit at the negotiating table like a polite child," he told a crowd during a visit to the central Iranian town of Shahr-e-Kord. His speech was broadcast live on state TV."

    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100616/...s/iran_nuclear
    Last edited by JCFalkenbergIII; 16 Jun 10, 16:41.
    For the first time I have seen "History" at close quarters,and I know that its actual process is very different from what is presented to Posterity. - WWI General Max Hoffman

  • #2
    Mahmoud uses all sorts of flowery persian in his speeches. What he means is the West will be exacted "penalties" for its sanctions, through an escalation of nuclear technology.

    For example, back in 2003 when the West stalled Iran for over a year with insincere negotiations that were initially established to break ground on Iran's right to enrich through the NPT, the ultimate reaction by Iran was to withdraw from its voluntary enrichment suspension and adherence to the AP (and more). It had been willing to set up a cascade purely for research, but once the West initiated sanctions, the cenrtifuges started humming in the hundreds and thousands.

    Each time there's been an additional sanction, there's been an escallation on Iran's part to improve its technologocial capability. (Really, you would think by now the West would realize sanctions are truly counterproductive- but no!)

    So now there's been talk of producing a very large reactor, continuing enrichment to 20% and the imposition of improved centrifuges.

    Through the perspective of Iran's leadership, each level of sanctions are paid for with vast increases in nuclear technological prowess- and there's never a step back. (so far at least)

    So the folly of sanctions continues.

    Interesting to see Turkey and Brazil join Iran's side- don't you think? NAM is now 100% behind Iran, as well.

    Comment


    • #3
      For the first time I have seen "History" at close quarters,and I know that its actual process is very different from what is presented to Posterity. - WWI General Max Hoffman

      Comment


      • #4
        More like:

        -Pirouz

        Comment


        • #5
          Khatami calls for unity against Iran sanctions: website

          "We must be united in the face of the animosity (sanctions) against us, otherwise how are we to stand against this animosity?" Khatami was quoted as saying on the reformist website Parlemannews.ir.

          "These hostilities against Iran will only hurt the people and no one can accept these acts against Iran and the revolution."

          But the cleric, who was president between 1997 and 2005, criticised government policies, which he said were resulting in "disintegration and empowering of the enemy."

          "There is considerable pressure on Iran. The resolution adopted in the (UN) Security Council is targeted at our country at a time when not only no measure is taken against Isareli atrocities, there is also support for them."

          http://www.spacewar.com/reports/Khat...bsite_999.html
          For the first time I have seen "History" at close quarters,and I know that its actual process is very different from what is presented to Posterity. - WWI General Max Hoffman

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by علامت پیروز View Post
            Mahmoud uses all sorts of flowery persian in his speeches. What he means is the West will be exacted "penalties" for its sanctions, through an escalation of nuclear technology.

            For example, back in 2003 when the West stalled Iran for over a year with insincere negotiations that were initially established to break ground on Iran's right to enrich through the NPT, the ultimate reaction by Iran was to withdraw from its voluntary enrichment suspension and adherence to the AP (and more). It had been willing to set up a cascade purely for research, but once the West initiated sanctions, the cenrtifuges started humming in the hundreds and thousands.

            Each time there's been an additional sanction, there's been an escallation on Iran's part to improve its technologocial capability. (Really, you would think by now the West would realize sanctions are truly counterproductive- but no!)

            So now there's been talk of producing a very large reactor, continuing enrichment to 20% and the imposition of improved centrifuges.

            Through the perspective of Iran's leadership, each level of sanctions are paid for with vast increases in nuclear technological prowess- and there's never a step back. (so far at least)

            So the folly of sanctions continues.

            Interesting to see Turkey and Brazil join Iran's side- don't you think? NAM is now 100% behind Iran, as well.
            There are no real sanctions...I think Iran hardly notices any effect. What's more, the Iranian escalation in nuke tech has little to do with bogus/ineffective sanctions...other than using them as an excuse to do exactly what they had intended to do all along.

            The only sanction that would really work would be an embargo on gasoline imports to Iran. Do that and the whole regime/government would tumble within a month or so. The fact that it hasn't been done on serves to reveal that the UN is worthless and that the Obama government is weak.
            Later - Tater
            "Why I have a greater affinity to Israel than to the Muslim world after 9/11: Watching a death-match fight on Animal Planet once, I found myself instinctively rooting for the mammal over the reptile."

            Comment


            • #7
              IMO ole Imanutjob is just pulling a Chavez. Though if even there wasn't a chance that the sanctions wouldn't have an effect he would still be making these ignorant statements. Robert
              For the first time I have seen "History" at close quarters,and I know that its actual process is very different from what is presented to Posterity. - WWI General Max Hoffman

              Comment


              • #8
                "President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad wants to "punish" world powers for imposing sanctions"

                Does he? Bless his little cotton socks. I s'pose he needs to do some sort of ritualistic chest beating to keep the masses content.
                Matthew 5:9 Blessed are the cheesemakers

                That's right bitches. I'm blessed!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Well it looks like Imanutjob can "punish" some more countries in addition to the UN.

                  EU approves new sanctions on Iran

                  "The EU "remains deeply concerned about Iran's nuclear program, and new restrictive measures have become necessary," EU president Herman Van Rompuy said after a European summit focused primarily on economic issues.

                  A statement said the sanctions will target dual-use items that could be used as part of a nuclear program, and Iran's oil and gas industry including the "prohibition of new investment, technical assistance and transfers of technologies."

                  Iran's shipping and air cargo companies will be blacklisted and banned from operating in EU territory, and new visa bans and asset freezes will be imposed on Iran's Revolutionary Guard. The sanctions also encompass trade insurance and financial transactions."

                  http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100617/...e/iran_nuclear
                  For the first time I have seen "History" at close quarters,and I know that its actual process is very different from what is presented to Posterity. - WWI General Max Hoffman

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by علامت پیروز View Post
                    Mahmoud uses all sorts of flowery persian in his speeches. What he means is the West will be exacted "penalties" for its sanctions, through an escalation of nuclear technology.
                    What is "flowery persian" for "I am quaking in my booths"? Quick, what were the three longest years Mahmoud Ahmadinejad life? Answer: third grade; that scruffy idiot is dumber than a box full of rocks!

                    By the way, Brazil is a third rate banana republic and Turkey is simply feeling its oats because it was not granted entry into the EU. Given the behavior of Turkey lately, I am not sure if that will ever happen, and in any case, a toehold on the European continent does not make Turkey a European country.
                    Last edited by Bass_Man86; 17 Jun 10, 13:38.
                    Give me a fast ship and the wind at my back for I intend to sail in harms way! (John Paul Jones)

                    Initiated Chief Petty Officer
                    Hard core! Old School! Deal with it!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Just another monkey from the peanut gallery.
                      "If you are right, then you are right even if everyone says you are wrong. If you are wrong then you are wrong even if everyone says you are right." William Penn.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by trailboss49 View Post
                        Just another monkey from the peanut gallery.
                        That could be applied to Imanutjob and others here too . Robert
                        For the first time I have seen "History" at close quarters,and I know that its actual process is very different from what is presented to Posterity. - WWI General Max Hoffman

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          And what does Iran have that they could use in reciprocity?


                          "Iran's parliamentary speaker Ali Larijani said that Tehran would retaliate against the EU for additional sanctions.

                          "Europeans should not think of imposing sanctions on Iran following the U.N. Security Council resolution," the country's official news agency quoted him as saying. "In case of imposing sanctions by the EU, Iran will consider the issue of reciprocity." He did not elaborate."

                          http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100617/...e/iran_nuclear
                          For the first time I have seen "History" at close quarters,and I know that its actual process is very different from what is presented to Posterity. - WWI General Max Hoffman

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by JCFalkenbergIII View Post
                            Punish?? You mean by making statements like these? LOL

                            "President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said Iran will not make "one iota of concessions." He said he will soon announce new conditions for talks with the West, but first he wants to punish world powers for imposing sanctions.

                            "You showed bad temper, reneged on your promise and again resorted to devilish manners," he said of those powers. "We set conditions (for talks) so that, God willing, you'll be punished a bit and sit at the negotiating table like a polite child," he told a crowd during a visit to the central Iranian town of Shahr-e-Kord. His speech was broadcast live on state TV."

                            http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100616/...s/iran_nuclear
                            And the sad thing is that this claptrap/posturing/threatening is accepted by the appeasers.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Thunder Dome View Post
                              And the sad thing is that this claptrap/posturing/threatening is accepted by the appeasers.
                              Amazing isn't it? Even after the proof that Iran has been lying to everyone especially the UN and the IAEA for years. Robert
                              For the first time I have seen "History" at close quarters,and I know that its actual process is very different from what is presented to Posterity. - WWI General Max Hoffman

                              Comment

                              Latest Topics

                              Collapse

                              Working...
                              X