• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Options studied for a possible Pakistan strike

By Greg Miller
    Washington Post Staff Writer
    Saturday, May 29, 2010
    The U.S. military is reviewing options for a unilateral strike in Pakistan in the event that a successful attack on American soil is traced to the country's tribal areas, according to senior military officials.
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...052804854.html
    Any metaphor will tear if stretched over too much reality.

Questions about our site? See the FAQ.

I'm sure any plans were drawn up a long time ago.I think this is simply for Pakistani consumption.
    ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

BLACK MOTORCYCLES MATTER!

Comment

Agreed... I hope that everything is all good with Pakistan though. We do need them as a "friend".

Comment

Originally posted by shark1j View Post
        Agreed... I hope that everything is all good with Pakistan though. We do need them as a "friend".
        They are not,and will never be our "friends".In dealing with Pakistan in this GWOT,we are dealing with the devil.
        ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

Comment

Originally posted by Gixxer86g View Post
          They are not,and will never be our "friends".In dealing with Pakistan in this GWOT,we are dealing with the devil.
          Yep. As allies go it might be best they "accidentally" blow themselves up.
          Matthew 5:9 Blessed are the cheesemakers

That's right bitches. I'm blessed!

Comment

Better the Devil-you-know ...

Comment

Originally posted by GCoyote View Post
              Better the Devil-you-know ...
              How does the old addage go,keep your friends close,and the enemy closer?
              ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

Comment

I imagine there are really good contour maps of the most remote region being printed out now by the National Map Agency.

I also imagine there are a few Special Ops playing hide & seek there now.
                "If you are right, then you are right even if everyone says you are wrong. If you are wrong then you are wrong even if everyone says you are right." William Penn.

Comment

Sure let's go and attack a confirmed nuclear power....
                  Standing here, I realize you were just like me trying to make history.
                  But who's to judge the right from wrong.
                  When our guard is down I think we'll both agree.
                  That violence breeds violence.
                  But in the end it has to be this way.

Comment

Not exactly ...

Originally posted by Czin View Post
                    Sure let's go and attack a confirmed nuclear power....
                    We face the real possibility of failed state with nuclear weapons. A little forward planning seems both prudent and modest.

Comment

We face the real possibility of failed state with nuclear weapons. A little forward planning seems both prudent and modest.
                      When he grows up he'll understand that.
                      ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

Comment

A good carpet bombing run by a few flights of B-52/B-1 should eliminate most of the Nukes,destroy all their research facilities all their Aircraft delivery systems. A few will always slip through, but it will definately make them want to think twice. Its better to be faced with a couple of Nukes then a few dozen. I personally think they would not have the nerve to nuke a power like the US. They very well know, moments after their first Nuke targets us we can literally eliminate any living matter living above ground in that brainwashed hateful excuse of a nation.
                        The only reason that they so brazenly attack us is because their mosques brainwash them . Once these source mosques are turned into radioactive ash the common Pakistani will be scared to utter the word JIHAD or Nuclear for a few centuries.They have also come to the the realization after decades of dealing with us that thery can take us for a ride everytime they cook up some mischief. The entire 9/11 plot was cooked up Al-Quaida under protection of agents within the Pakistani Government and Military.Pakistani Military and ISI controlled about 4/5ths of Afghanistan using the Taliban as their proxy. What do they get in return ? -a few half hearted threats and tens of billions in Aid that they have used to arm themselves aginst their Arch rival India.
                        Once we show them we really mean business all the bravado and talk of jihad will come to an end.
                        Last edited by Slim; 06 Jun 10, 00:04.

Comment

So, who says that the Coalition invasion of Pakistan will be without the consent of the Pakistani government. Of course they may not openly agree to it but they also may verally order their military to assist Coalition forces at times and places to be determined.
                          "If you are right, then you are right even if everyone says you are wrong. If you are wrong then you are wrong even if everyone says you are right." William Penn.

Comment

Slim, as you noted, al Qaeda has always had help from within the ISI and I doubt all of their friends on the inside have been rooted out. Those are the people most likely to have info on where the nukes are and how to get them into the hands of the world's most wanted terrorist.

Comment

Slim, as you noted, al Qaeda has always had help from within the ISI and I doubt all of their friends on the inside have been rooted out. Those are the people most likely to have info on where the nukes are and how to get them into the hands of the world's most wanted terrorist.

You are right on target

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• casanova
                                Berlin.1945
                                by casanova
                                The Sowjet T-34 tank against a German Tiger tank in Berlin in the II World War in 1945. ...
                                Yesterday, 23:41
                              • casanova
                                AW 169M
                                by casanova
                                The Austrian minister of defence Klaudia Tanner declared the buy of 18 Italian military helicopters of the type AW 169M for the Austrian army, the Bundesheer....
                                Yesterday, 23:26
                              • JBark
                                What changed?
                                by JBark
                                There was a time not too long ago when this forum was full of discussion, multiple posts, votes and involved discussions on the best of the war, etc.,...
                                Yesterday, 18:54
                              Working...
                              X