Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Counterterror Adviser Defends Jihad as 'Legitimate Tenet of Islam'

And the Number One reason we can't stop terrorism -

White House counterterrorism adviser John Brennan speaks to reporters in the White House Jan. 7. (AP Photo)

The president's top counterterrorism adviser on Wednesday called jihad a "legitimate tenet of Islam," arguing that the term "jihadists" should not be used to describe America's enemies.
    During a speech at the Center for Strategic and International Studies, John Brennan described violent extremists as victims of "political, economic and social forces," but said that those plotting attacks on the United States should not be described in "religious terms."
    He repeated the administration argument that the enemy is not "terrorism," because terrorism is a "tactic," and not terror, because terror is a "state of mind" -- though Brennan's title, deputy national security adviser for counterterrorism and homeland security, includes the word "terrorism" in it. But then Brennan said that the word "jihad" should not be applied either.
    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010...e-tenet-islam/

Our government isn't sure what to even call it.

What a total bunch of morons...

Meanwhile, back at the White House Rabbit Ranch:

Terror Plots Against U.S. at Record High, Department of Homeland Security Says:

The number and pace of attempted terror attacks against the U.S. are at a record high, surpassing the number of attempts during any other one-year period, the Department of Homeland Security said in a recent memo.
    In an alarming DHS intelligence report dated May 21, the department said terrorists will plot attacks against the U.S. with "increased frequency" and that groups like Al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula have "expanded their focus" to target Americans.
    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010...security-says/

THERE ARE NO TERRORISTS, numbnuts. You said so yourself.
    Last edited by Mountain Man; 27 May 10, 12:51.

I don't have a problem with what he said.I would just like to add that it's our right to slaughter all jihadists.

Seriously though,this is an example of how we are losing this war.The enemy has been succesful.They have succeeded in terrorizing us.We fear them.So we must make sure we don't offend them any more.Don't wnat to make them any more angry than they already are!Why don't we just give up now?Let's bring the troops home and stock the stores with burqas.Sharia law now!
    Last edited by Gixxer86g; 27 May 10, 13:07.
    ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

BLACK MOTORCYCLES MATTER!

Comment

My idea is to grant instant citizenship to all illegal alien males, provided they serve three years in the combat arms. Then we send all 20 million or so of them to Iraq and Afghanistan.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
        My idea is to grant instant citizenship to all illegal alien males, provided they serve three years in the combat arms. Then we send all 20 million or so of them to Iraq and Afghanistan.
        Don't forget the Women, they can help too.
        Standing here, I realize you were just like me trying to make history.
        But who's to judge the right from wrong.
        When our guard is down I think we'll both agree.
        That violence breeds violence.
        But in the end it has to be this way.

Comment

The only good jihadist is a dead jihadist.
          "If you are right, then you are right even if everyone says you are wrong. If you are wrong then you are wrong even if everyone says you are right." William Penn.

Comment

Wow...

The man is delusional!!!

This absurd avoidance of calling Islam inspired murderers, well, Islam inspired murderers would be humorous if it wasn't so dangerous. You can't fight what you won't admit exists.

I wonder what is finally going to take...
            Save America!! Impeach Obama!!

Comment

I'm simply flabbergasted. If the enemy isn't terrorism, is the enemy terrorists? Or shouldn't they be called terrorists also? He might have a point, but whatever it is, I don't know it.
              "We have no white flag."

Comment

If this guy had been advising FDR, would he have said that the extermination of Jews was a 'Legitimate Tenet of Nazism'?

Good Grief!!!

This brings a whole new meaning to the phrase, "The inmates are running the asylum."

Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Comment

"Islamic Victims of Political, Economic and Social Forces"

And Islamofascists now have a new name..."IVPESF".
                  Later - Tater
                  "Why I have a greater affinity to Israel than to the Muslim world after 9/11: Watching a death-match fight on Animal Planet once, I found myself instinctively rooting for the mammal over the reptile."

Comment

Originally posted by GMan88 View Post
                    He might have a point, but whatever it is, I don't know it.
                    The point is that political correctness trumps all.But why should they stop there?How about we come up with more friendly terms for poisonous snakes?Or large sharks.What about their feelings?

Basically,who cares what we call them,so long as we call them what they are.It doesn't matter which synonym we use.Terrorist,fanatic,jihadist,murderer,muslim.It' s all the same.
                    ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

BLACK MOTORCYCLES MATTER!

Comment

A terrorist by any other name would still stink as bad.
                      "If you are right, then you are right even if everyone says you are wrong. If you are wrong then you are wrong even if everyone says you are right." William Penn.

Comment

Our Predators will destroy those people together with their legitimate cause. It doesn't really make a difference.

"Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a ugly brawl."
                        --Frederick II, King of Prussia

Comment

Yes, but why all this pussfooting and not just call a spade a spade? Why all these legalese? Just call them terrorists and call them the enemy of humanity and declare death on all of them and be done with it. But spare us all from these nitpicking wordgames.
                          "We have no white flag."

Comment

Political correctness, the bane of my existence. Though it is fun when I try to be as offensive as possible around people I know are PC-tards.
                            "Artillery lends dignity to what might otherwise be a vulgar brawl." - Frederick the Great

Comment

haha must be fun seeing them flinch from blunt language.
                              "We have no white flag."

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X