• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surprise dinner fails to break Iran nuclear deadlock

Looks like Iran's latest ploy didn't work either. Robert

Surprise dinner fails to break Iran nuclear deadlock
    by Staff Writers
    Washington (AFP) May 7, 2010

"In a "frank and professional exchange" with Mottaki, US diplomat Alejandro Wolff and other council representatives "pointed out the significant flaws and shortcomings in Iran's approach," Crowley said.

"Mottaki focused on the Iranian counterproposal to the Tehran research reactor, which deviates in significant ways from the balanced IAEA proposal that Iran agreed to and then walked away from last October," Crowley said.

"But we see this as yet another missed opportunity by Iran to meet its international obligations," Crowley said."

http://www.spacewar.com/reports/Surp...dlock_999.html
    For the first time I have seen "History" at close quarters,and I know that its actual process is very different from what is presented to Posterity. - WWI General Max Hoffman

Looks like the US is having about as much success as PM Neville Chamberlain in 1938.

John.
    The PLO claims ALL of Israel!!! There will and can NEVER be a "2 State solution".

Comment

Are you really comparing President Obama to Prime Minister Neville Chamberlain? About the only good thing there is hoping that we'll get someone like Winston next.
      "If you are right, then you are right even if everyone says you are wrong. If you are wrong then you are wrong even if everyone says you are right." William Penn.

Comment

I'm not sure what you mean by the comparison John . Robert
        For the first time I have seen "History" at close quarters,and I know that its actual process is very different from what is presented to Posterity. - WWI General Max Hoffman

Comment

When I see President Obama bowing to a foreign leader, and apologising at a major speech, I think of Chamberlain.

To me at least, Obama looks and sounds weak! Our peace loving iranian friend is not in awe of Obama or the USA, that is for sure.

John.
          The PLO claims ALL of Israel!!! There will and can NEVER be a "2 State solution".

Comment

Originally posted by ozjohn39 View Post
            When I see President Obama bowing to a foreign leader, and apologising at a major speech, I think of Chamberlain.

To me at least, Obama looks and sounds weak! Our peace loving iranian friend is not in awe of Obama or the USA, that is for sure.

John.
            Hmmmmm...I see. Now of course since Obama was not involved in this dinner and that other country's diplomats had also backed up the statements made to the Iranians it does show that the latest ploy to get any support for them has failed once again. Those there were not just from the US. Iran is afraid of the others too who are for sanctions against them. It didn't worked at the Iranian "conference",in New York at the UN or at this dinner. Robert

Comment

Robert,

I am fairly sure that deep down Iran is not afraid of 'UN Sanctions'. She is surrounded by many peace loving muslim nations, who may or may not indicate support for those sanctions and quietly allow train loads of what iran needs to cross the border.

What Russia and China say and what they do are often 2 different things, Not to mention a few shiploads from North Korea.

Whether Obama attends a meeting or not is immaterial. the USA is always in the background, and her policy views and objectives are known to all, especially Iran!

John.

Comment

When it comes to the Persians & their Arab neighbors, you have a great deal to learn. Completely aside from Islam, the Arab world will NEVER again suffer under the foot of Persia. The Arab states will oppose a Persian nuke because it represents a re-emergence of Persian dominance over all Arabs by their gaining it.

About the only time that the one thing they have in common - Islam - comes into common play for them is when it is directed at Israel or the west. When that is of no part or parcel to the potential regional realities, ALL bets are off between Arabs & Persians. Arabs have absolutely NO real love of the Persians because of the historical Arab subjugation to the Persian Empire - a thing NO Arab would ever again like to see even remotely possible.

On the Plains of Hesitation lie the blackened bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of victory, sat down to rest-and resting... died. Adlai E. Stevenson

ACG History Today

BoRG

Comment

admiral,

Thank you for the ancient history 'lesson', but this discussion is about TODAY!

I am well aware that an Iranian is NOT an 'arab' thank you. And your comment about their alignment with Iran against "Israel or the west" is just what I am talking about.

When the chips are down islam WINS!

J

Comment

Except - and this IS about today - the Arabs distrust the Persians with a Nuke even more than the Israelis which already has them!

They know beyond all doubt that the Persians will use it to again subjugate the Arab world to Persian dominance.

The 'unity' of their common religion STOPS cold at their freedom from Persian dominance's edge.

Last edited by Admiral; 10 May 10, 20:22.
                    On the Plains of Hesitation lie the blackened bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of victory, sat down to rest-and resting... died. Adlai E. Stevenson

ACG History Today

BoRG

Comment

Your 'theory', I consider it INVALID!

Comment

Which is your prerogative mate...

I come to my opinion after having lived & worked in Persia... as well, from having several (not just Persian, but) Arab friends.

Needless to say, my opinion is based upon my own direct experience within their culture, not by drinkin Kool-Aid down at the day care.

ACG History Today

BoRG

Comment

"Needless to say, my opinion is based upon my own direct experience within their culture, not by drinkin Kool-Aid down at the day care."

Yeah, I know, an 'expert" who has LOTS of Jew/Arab/Muslim/Persian friends, they all do!

...and a smart arsed tongue!!

Comment

No, John, by no means an expert, nor professing to be one. Simply an individual that spent a time in the Persian oil patch in his early adulthood. Heady & quite interesting times, indeed. It was a time when a Persian lass in a bikini & a Mustang, cruising the streets not far from Shahyad Aryamehr, was not considered a travesty - har!

If you have a problem with me because I count among my friends a few Persians & Arabs with which I lived & worked for about a year not long before the Iranian Revolution, I can only say that it is entirely your own problem, and the only smart tongue I sense here is seemingly the one lashing about in a somewhat wounded fashion - yours. Pardon me if I misread your tude, mate, but in case you mistakenly presumed the 'day care' comment was a swipe at you, no worries... it was not.

All this said, I was rather hoping to see you speak of how you conclude your own opinion of the matter, rather than angrily blathering & flailing about with no specifics.

ACG History Today

BoRG

Comment

Originally posted by ozjohn39 View Post
                              Robert,

I am fairly sure that deep down Iran is not afraid of 'UN Sanctions'. She is surrounded by many peace loving muslim nations, who may or may not indicate support for those sanctions and quietly allow train loads of what iran needs to cross the border.

What Russia and China say and what they do are often 2 different things, Not to mention a few shiploads from North Korea.

Whether Obama attends a meeting or not is immaterial. the USA is always in the background, and her policy views and objectives are known to all, especially Iran!

John.
                              If they aren't afraid of the possible sanctions they sure are giving mixed signals then. The Nuclear "conference", the dinner,the many accusations and threats ,the almost constant attempts to sway other countries views and attempts to garner support seem to indicate otherwise. Robert

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• casanova
                                Berlin.1945
                                by casanova
                                The Sowjet T-34 tank against a German Tiger tank in Berlin in the II World War in 1945. ...
                                Yesterday, 23:41
                              • casanova
                                AW 169M
                                by casanova
                                The Austrian minister of defence Klaudia Tanner declared the buy of 18 Italian military helicopters of the type AW 169M for the Austrian army, the Bundesheer....
                                Yesterday, 23:26
                              • JBark
                                What changed?
                                by JBark
                                There was a time not too long ago when this forum was full of discussion, multiple posts, votes and involved discussions on the best of the war, etc.,...
                                Yesterday, 18:54
                              Working...
                              X