Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is the US prepared to deal with a Nuclear Armed Iran?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is the US prepared to deal with a Nuclear Armed Iran?

In case you say the original article in the NY Times over the weekend, this is SecDef Gates' commentary.

April 19, 2010
    Associated Press
    WASHINGTON -- Defense Secretary Robert Gates asserted Sunday that the U.S. is prepared to take a range of actions against the Iranian nuclear program and told friends and foes not to fall for any perception Iran can catch Washington off guard.
    More on Military.com > Gates: US Prepared on Iranís Nuke Plan
    Any metaphor will tear if stretched over too much reality.

Questions about our site? See the FAQ.

Is the US prepared to deal with a Nuclear Armed Iran?

The only way to "deal with a Nuclear Armed Iran" is the old fashioned way...

Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Comment

I might have to respectfully disagree, unless we or whoever is involved with a strike and if there is one, we would have to knock out Iran's early warning system and air defenses if we are to use conventional planes.

I feel to effectively deal with Iran is to use stealth aircraft and in addition deep penetrating bunker buster bombs. And or laser guided bombs called in by special forces or intelligence operatives.
      Sincerely,

xllhawksllx

Comment

Originally posted by xllhawksllx View Post
        I might have to respectfully disagree, unless we or whoever is involved with a strike and if there is one, we would have to knock out Iran's early warning system and air defenses if we are to use conventional planes.

I feel to effectively deal with Iran is to use stealth aircraft and in addition deep penetrating bunker buster bombs. And or laser guided bombs called in by special forces or intelligence operatives.
        I was being just a wee bit facetious... Although, I do think we could take their air defense network down quickly enough so that the Buff's could get in on the action.
        Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Comment

IRAN?

EASY!!

~500x Predators with 'Hellfires'

~2000x 'Tomahawks'

4x 'Carrier Battle Groups'

All available USAF goodies.

7x days of intense fun.

JOB COMPLETE!

John.
          The PLO claims ALL of Israel!!! There will and can NEVER be a "2 State solution".

Comment

Are we talking about hitting a properly armed nuclear Iran? Coz if they missed, the reaction might be how you say unfortunate. That is the problem Kennedy had when Curtis Le MAy was saying we can get maybe 80- odd percent of Cuban based Nukes in 1962. 80 percent just wasnt enough.

Comment

Easy answer...

NO!

Unfortunately our current President sees Israel as a bigger problem. Plus dealing with Iran would take courage. Oops, missing that one too.
              Save America!! Impeach Obama!!

Comment

We can simply do what we did in the cold war, get someone else to fight our war for us. India might be willing to do the job.
                Standing here, I realize you were just like me trying to make history.
                But who's to judge the right from wrong.
                When our guard is down I think we'll both agree.
                That violence breeds violence.
                But in the end it has to be this way.

Comment

What country has a long history of enmity with Iran?
                  "We have no white flag."

Comment

Originally posted by GMan88 View Post
                    What country has a long history of enmity with Iran?
                    Iraq for one.

Comment

Originally posted by Czin View Post
                      Iraq for one.
                      Oh we're already planning for that one. Something on the order of 140 M1A1s and 96 F-16 Block 50s
                      "Artillery lends dignity to what might otherwise be a vulgar brawl." - Frederick the Great

Comment

Originally posted by frisco17 View Post
                        Oh we're already planning for that one. Something on the order of 140 M1A1s and 96 F-16 Block 50s
                        Yes indeed. twirls nonexistant handlebar mustache while doing an evil laugh (We are arming them with these right?)
                        Last edited by Czin; 20 Apr 10, 14:05.

Comment

Originally posted by Czin View Post
                          Iraq for one.
                          What could possibly go wrong with arming a puppet regime in the middle east

Comment

Originally posted by Sino Invasion View Post
                            NO!

Unfortunately our current President sees Israel as a bigger problem. Plus dealing with Iran would take courage. Oops, missing that one too.
                            NO he sees Israel as less of our problem and more thier own problem. BIG difference. As far as his courage, we don't know if he has any more your less than you, now do we.
                            "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

youíre entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

I'd be interested to know what people believe is the reason for Iran's historical ire at the U.S and the UK for that matter. See what comes up as it shapes peoples thinking behind our current issue. Comments.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X