What if we got out of 'Gan?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What if we got out of 'Gan?

Politics is not my strong point, but a million people already vote for the British National Party because- among other things- it promises to pull Brit troops out of Afghanistan.
    So suppose the rest of the Coalition also decided to pull out, what would happen in Gan after that, civil war, Taliban cruelty or what?

Originally posted by Poor Old Spike View Post
    Politics is not my strong point, but a million people already vote for the British National Party because- among other things- it promises to pull Brit troops out of Afghanistan.
    So suppose the rest of the Coalition also decided to pull out, what would happen in Gan after that, civil war, Taliban cruelty or what?
    It would go back to what it was.Taliban control,terrorist haven,etc.
    Last edited by Gixxer86g; 14 Apr 10, 16:32.
    ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

BLACK MOTORCYCLES MATTER!

Comment

Originally posted by Poor Old Spike View Post
      It would be the "Killing Fields" all over again...any and every Afghani that had anything to do with the coalition and or central government would be slaughtered.
      Later - Tater
      "Why I have a greater affinity to Israel than to the Muslim world after 9/11: Watching a death-match fight on Animal Planet once, I found myself instinctively rooting for the mammal over the reptile."

Comment

It would soon revert to what it was in 2000 and become a place for terrorists to camp out and practice killing folks in western democracies.
        "If you are right, then you are right even if everyone says you are wrong. If you are wrong then you are wrong even if everyone says you are right." William Penn.

Comment

No immediate change

It would dump the burden on the US.

In 2000 the Russians were still supporting the Northern Alliance forces against the Taliban. If the eventual US pullout leads to another civil war, the anti-Taliban forces could expect material support, probably from the West, the Russians, the Indians, and anyone else who's gotten tired of the Taliban.

Getting things under control in Pakistan would go a long way toward stabilizing Afghanistan too.
          Any metaphor will tear if stretched over too much reality.

Questions about our site? See the FAQ.

Comment

We could pull out next week or in five years time. It 'll still revert to a killing field of drug and war lords where extremist insurgents can hide out.

Comment

Harper says Canada is out in 2011 no matter what.
              The old sheriff was attending an awards dinner when a lady commented on his wearing his sidearm 'Sheriff, I see you have your pistol. Are you expecting trouble?' 'No Ma'am. If I were expecting trouble, I would have brought my shotgun.'

Comment

Originally posted by copenhagen View Post
                We could pull out next week or in five years time. It 'll still revert to a killing field of drug and war lords where extremist insurgents can hide out.
                Don't we have a place like that already, Pakistan?
                "The spirit is willing, but the flesh is spongy and bruised"
                Zap Brannigan. Futurama

Comment

After years of talk about Afghanistan,I am getting tired and incredible attracted by idea of dropping several dozens of nukes on them,effectively solving drug and terrorist problem

IMHO as long there are no poppy fields,everything is good.Cutting Al Quaida financial source,including secret Arabian donations,is more effecting than killing couple of hundreds Talibans after all.
                  It is always more difficult to fight against faith than against knowledge.

Косово је Србија!
                  Never go to war with a country whose national holiday celebrates a defeat in 1389.

Armored Brigade

Armored Brigade Facebook page

Comment

I truly wonder if the natives of Gan are truly capable of anything but their tribal, squabbling, religious nutty existence. I mean, what can these people look forward to? Why do they have a reason to stop fighting others and eachother? Do they even know that a better way to do things exists? They have been living in squalor so long, I'm not sure they can change. At least in Iraq, there was some semblance of a middle class and people eventually wanted to go back to school, business and the like. I'm not sure the people of Gan have the same ambitions, scary.

Comment

Originally posted by Babbadoo11M View Post
                      I truly wonder if the natives of Gan are truly capable of anything but their tribal, squabbling, religious nutty existence. I mean, what can these people look forward to? Why do they have a reason to stop fighting others and eachother? Do they even know that a better way to do things exists? They have been living in squalor so long, I'm not sure they can change. At least in Iraq, there was some semblance of a middle class and people eventually wanted to go back to school, business and the like. I'm not sure the people of Gan have the same ambitions, scary.
                      I've always wondered if a country can be too "poor" for democracy
                      "The spirit is willing, but the flesh is spongy and bruised"
                      Zap Brannigan. Futurama

Comment

Originally posted by Babbadoo11M View Post

I agree,although I try to maintain a positive outlook.But this how these people have lived for centuries.It's what they know,it's all they know.It seems the only way to pacify these people is to do things the Mongol way.
                        ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

BLACK MOTORCYCLES MATTER!

Comment

Originally posted by cecilia View Post
                          I've always wondered if a country can be too "poor" for democracy
                          You're damn right they can. Democracy and political liberty are the capstones of a prosperous, well-ordered society. First order, then prosperity THEN and only then, liberty. As odious as it is, I support Communist rule in China. Not enough of the people have an economic stake in the well being of the state, and any democracy there would collapse in weeks. What the Taliban did, somewhat, was it brought a brutal and uncompromising order to Afghanistan. Under the Taliban people understood any form of resistance was death. As a result, they mostly behaved. Afghanistan needs a Stalin not Karzai, not George Washington. They are human in the most base and disgusting sense of the word. They are human beings not taught to act better than their own vile natures. They someone to teach them their role, and no puppet of the US will do that, so we've lost before we started.
                          How many Allied tanks it would take to destroy a Maus?
                          275. Because that's how many shells there are in the Maus. Then it could probably crush some more until it ran out of gas. - Surfinbird

Comment

Originally posted by Gixxer86g View Post
                            I agree,although I try to maintain a positive outlook.But this how these people have lived for centuries.It's what they know,it's all they know.It seems the only way to pacify these people is to do things the Mongol way.
                            "The Mongol Way"
                            Is that what you are advocating ?

Comment

Originally posted by Konzev View Post
                              "The Mongol Way"
                              Is that what you are advocating ?
                              Well, that may sound extreme, but do you expect them to just say ,"ahh it, I need a latte and a pedicure"? I think there is some merit to the thought that they may not be able to be beaten by playing fair. To truly beat a people I think you have to take something away from them. The Germans collapsed after Hitler because we took the prosperity and quality of life they had away. They knew there was a better way to live than in rubble. They wanted to get back to work, raise their children, make some money, and enjoy life with their families. These people in Afghan live in squalor, have nothing, and in turn have little to lose.

What can we take away from them? You think a suicide bomber has ever had the joy of a nice juicy steak from Ruth's Chris?? I wonder how many channels they have on their satellite dishes? Do you think they ever took their kids to Disney world? These people know nothing but poverty and war. How bad would we have to make it for them for them to feel "beaten."

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X