Lawmakers: Afghan leader [Karzai] threatens to join Taliban

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lawmakers: Afghan leader [Karzai] threatens to join Taliban

You know there's a novel called Marching Through Georgia where an alternate and totally evil version of South Africa, called the Draka, occupies Afghanistan in the 20s with the intent of enslaving everyone. The premise is utterly ridiculous and gets more so as it's a trilogy. Point is, it's brought up as background they faced Mujahideen style insurgency. Instead of letting the Afghans go, they gassed every major population center and ended up genociding 70% of the population. This is supposed to show how evil they are, but I have to wonder is there another way to control these little in Afghanistan, Islam or no. If Afghanistan falls apart, then you should have an idea of why I think Islamic Ragnarok is inevitable.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100405/...as_afghanistan
    How many Allied tanks it would take to destroy a Maus?
    275. Because that's how many shells there are in the Maus. Then it could probably crush some more until it ran out of gas. - Surfinbird

Are you sure he in not already a member?
    The PLO claims ALL of Israel!!! There will and can NEVER be a "2 State solution".

Comment

Let him join! I bet the regular Taliban then orders him to become a suicide bomber to atone for his sins.

Pruitt
      Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

Well,the correct response to that is if you(Karzai) do go over to the Taliban,we'll jam a Hellfire right up your a$$!
        ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

BLACK MOTORCYCLES MATTER!

Comment

Originally posted by Wolery View Post
          If Afghanistan falls apart, then you should have an idea of why I think Islamic Ragnarok is inevitable.
          The Dinosaurs went extinct too, and they weren't even asking for it.
          So it goes.

Comment

I have a different perspective - what the heck is Obama doing?

Is he so determined to push away every single ally and embrace every enemy?

Obama went to Afghanistan and THIS happens? What did he do to so **** off Karzai?

Comment

Looks like CIA will have to take him out.

Comment

I doubt Afghanistan could produce 1 good thing. Why would their ignorant, cavemenlike leaders be any different. You'd be pretty angry if you lived in a mud hut and had to bang some broad with hairy pits.

Comment

This is pretty hilaroius, you must admit.

Many of the comments on this thread could have been made by Soviets back in the 1980's. At least back then, the Soviets could grumble that their adversaries were being assisted by a superpower. Now what's the grumble?

Even in his very limited capacity, in the midst of a foreign military occupation, Karzai shows some independence and backbone. In fact, it can be argued he has even less latitude than Maliki did in Iraq a few years ago, yet he bites back! (Just to clue y'all in, it's mostly for show.)

Americans love their cult Hollywood movie "Red Dawn." Try applying that movie to the context of Afghanistan and the Taliban. Get the picture?

Comment

Originally posted by علامت پیروز View Post

Many of the comments on this thread could have been made by Soviets back in the 1980's. At least back then, the Soviets could grumble that their adversaries were being assisted by a superpower. Now what's the grumble?
                    Not just a superpower, there was a real orgy of "strange bedfellows" which included the Capitalist US, Commmunist China and Islamist Iran with a many other dwarves and freaks all helping out terrorist cavemen. Now half the world is helping US out - even Russia has made a deal on non-military cargo transit, and there's no definitive result so far.

Americans love their cult Hollywood movie "Red Dawn." Try applying that movie to the context of Afghanistan and the Taliban. Get the picture?
                    Except that these American teenagers were supposed to take arms in case of a mortal threat to their homeland only, while the Afghanis were raised with guns in arms from the kindergarten age. War was just an opportunity for them to practice what they learned since childhood - and it seemed to be the only thing they learned at all.
                    www.histours.ru

Siege of Leningrad battlefield tour

Comment

Originally posted by Babbadoo11M View Post
                      I doubt Afghanistan could produce 1 good thing.
                      Then you've never smoked the Afghani!

Why would their ignorant, cavemenlike leaders be any different.
                      Interesting comment from a liberal. I thought you guys love everyone except conservatives?I thought that you guys had a name for their ignorant,cavemanlike behavior?It's called "culture" isn't it?

You'd be pretty angry if you lived in a mud hut and had to bang some broad with hairy pits.
                      They only do that when it's time to make a kid.The rest of the time they're banging young boys.
                      ALL LIVES SPLATTER!

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

BLACK MOTORCYCLES MATTER!

Comment

I doubt Afghanistan could produce 1 good thing. Why would their ignorant, cavemenlike leaders be any different. You'd be pretty angry if you lived in a mud hut and had to bang some broad with hairy pits.
                        And yet these cavemen are keeping our military at bay... these guys have been fighting b4 we have. By making that statement I think is very arrogant and disrespectful. Remember we aim for the future (it is part of our war plan (everyone since WW2)) Look at the Germans, Japanese, Iraq, and soon Stan. Especially in the ME and SE Asia we need the allies. I think Stan will make a very good govt in the future that will eventually aid the US just as our allies do now.

IDK if you are Military or not but even before I joined the Marines I had respect for anyone fighting in a war, even the enemy. I am taught to respect my enemy, it is when you let your guard down when your enemy gets you. Going back, these cavemen you say are hardened vets of many wars and will wait in a field for patrols days b4 they come, they know how to avoid infrared technology etc... it takes combat discipline to do this.

Comment

Or there is the simplest explanation

Originally posted by علامت پیروز View Post

Even in his very limited capacity, in the midst of a foreign military occupation, Karzai shows some independence and backbone. In fact, it can be argued he has even less latitude than Maliki did in Iraq a few years ago, yet he bites back! (Just to clue y'all in, it's mostly for show.)

He was being sarcastic? It happens to American politicians all of the time so I don't see why Karzai should not be allowed to get a little hacked off from time to time.

On a separate note, if the ISAF succeeds, look for some Taliban elements to become legitimate Afghan political parties. Karzai could easily find himself in a future coalition government with his one time adversaries.
                          Any metaphor will tear if stretched over too much reality.

Questions about our site? See the FAQ.

Comment

I doubt Afghanistan could produce 1 good thing.
                            They have excellent poppy crops.
                            "If you are right, then you are right even if everyone says you are wrong. If you are wrong then you are wrong even if everyone says you are right." William Penn.

Comment

I recommend a 'preemptive strike' and take Karzi out.
                              "If you are right, then you are right even if everyone says you are wrong. If you are wrong then you are wrong even if everyone says you are right." William Penn.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X