X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Positive News from South Asia?

India takes 'first step' to rebuild trust with Pakistan

last updated at 12:20 GMT, Thursday, 25 February 2010

India says it has taken a "first step" towards rebuilding trust with Pakistan after their first formal talks since the 2008 Mumbai (Bombay) attacks
    I think this is one of the keys to untangling the various militant movements that play off the international rivalry.

more info here http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/8535787.stm
    Any metaphor will tear if stretched over too much reality.

Questions about our site? See the FAQ.

Yes pakistan leaders see that india is becoming the regional leader because of economic and techno growth.
    They see also that they loose money and futur money with the war and chaos.
    Pakistan lost more than ten years when playing with afganistan for a stupid "geostategic deep".
    They have to come back to real politik and plan for economic growth.
    As in the lebanese civil war they are tired, so they stop the ****.
    One time again (maybe) a conflic could stop not because of warfare but by itself. Good things can happen...

Comment

Originally posted by GCoyote View Post
      India takes 'first step' to rebuild trust with Pakistan

last updated at 12:20 GMT, Thursday, 25 February 2010

I think this is one of the keys to untangling the various militant movements that play off the international rivalry.

more info here http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/8535787.stm
      GC,
      While i'm glad both sides are talking, I disagree that India is the one that has taken the "first step."

Pakistan, since the days of Musharraf, has asked for composite talks, anywhere, any time.

Just because India has agreed this time doesnt mean they haev initiated.

Also, their insistence on focusing on one issue kill the chances of building momentum through confidence building measures and settling smaller issues.

Comment

It makes sense that Pakistan, having a relatively weaker position would want to go for a package deal of some sort. OTOH that practically ensures that the package will include something that the Indians are not prepared to swallow. I don't expect any breakthroughs anytime soon on this front.

Comment

Originally posted by Desert King View Post
          GC,
          While i'm glad both sides are talking, I disagree that India is the one that has taken the "first step."

Pakistan, since the days of Musharraf, has asked for composite talks, anywhere, any time.

Just because India has agreed this time doesnt mean they haev initiated.

Also, their insistence on focusing on one issue kill the chances of building momentum through confidence building measures and settling smaller issues.
          Actually there is a simple reason why india HAS to take the first step. you see india wants to continue growing its economy. Software companies are nice but the financial institutions are more prestigious. problem is financial institutions are required by law in EVERY country to perform risk assessments on the services it provides. Well when you start doing your security assessment on you services in india one of the criteria is neighboring threats. in the case of india its their hostile neighbor to the north. this is stopping these institutions from moving mission critical services to india. so they are moving them elsewhere. if you want to know more PM me.

Comment

Originally posted by tnbn75 View Post
            Actually there is a simple reason why india HAS to take the first step. you see india wants to continue growing its economy. Software companies are nice but the financial institutions are more prestigious. problem is financial institutions are required by law in EVERY country to perform risk assessments on the services it provides. Well when you start doing your security assessment on you services in india one of the criteria is neighboring threats. in the case of india its their hostile neighbor to the north. this is stopping these institutions from moving mission critical services to india. so they are moving them elsewhere. if you want to know more PM me.
            Actually you are free to discuss it here (assuming you are not giving away trade secrets or proprietary information ).

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
            X