Reporters shot in Riyadh.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reporters shot in Riyadh.

I know there are people here who don't much like media types, but a BBC Cameraman has been killed and his Reporter friend wounded by gunmen today in Riyadh.

Link:

Two BBC men shot in Saudi capital

Dr. S.
    Imagine a ball of iron, the size of the sun. And once a year a tiny sparrow brushes its surface with the tip of its wing. And when that ball of iron, the size of the sun, is worn away to nothing, your punishment will barely have begun.

www.sinisterincorporated.co.uk

www.tabletown.co.uk

reporters die in the Middle East sometimes unfortunately. The terrorists say that they did it because they don't like westerners.

Comment

I get the feeling the Saudi security services are riddled with AQ agents, hence so many attacks where the operatives manage to get away. Sometimes they are even in uniform. Who gave them those?

I think maybe Saudi Arabia will be bereft of western foreigners within a year.

They don't all have to clear out for the economy to breakdown. If 50% go that might be enough to do it.

My ex boss in work spent six years there. She told me the Saudis are useless workers. Too spoilt by far.

However the big issue here is if the Saudi regime collapses what will take it's place and what effect will such a scenario have on the price of Oil. Pretty horrendous I would think.
      http://www.irelandinhistory.blogspot.ie/

Comment

Re: Reporters shot in Riyadh.

Originally posted by Doctor Sinister
        I know there are people here who don't much like media types, but a BBC Cameraman has been killed and his Reporter friend wounded by gunmen today in Riyadh.

Link:

Two BBC men shot in Saudi capital

Dr. S.
        This is becoming all too common in SA - I can say from my times there that many (most, probably) Saudis do not care for Westerners, and are not shy about letting you know how they feel. Very ill-tempered. This will only get worse, especially when Prince Abdullah takes the throne, which could happen at any time, as King Fahd is quite ill.
        Mens Est Clavis Victoriae
        (The Mind Is The Key To Victory)

Comment

If Abdullah does come into power and does attempt to get rid of the foreign (European) workers he may have an accident. There are enough European workers in enough key positions that a sudden exodous could be disastourus for Saudi interests. That could prompt a more pro-active succession.

One other point from a US Ex-Patriate living in Saudi. (I'm in very infrquent contact with them.) A good many of the younger Saudis (for about a generation) have been quitely working at obtaining dual citizenship in Europe/The West or insuring their minor children do. They have also been using the informal Arabic banking system to move funds out of SA for the future.

This, while only from one source, says to me that there are more than a few younger Saudis who have doubts about the stability of their government. Also that they are planning ahead as to not lose everthing the way the Iranians did in 78 and 79.

Comment

Originally posted by RetPara
            If Abdullah does come into power and does attempt to get rid of the foreign (European) workers he may have an accident. There are enough European workers in enough key positions that a sudden exodous could be disastourus for Saudi interests. That could prompt a more pro-active succession.

One other point from a US Ex-Patriate living in Saudi. (I'm in very infrquent contact with them.) A good many of the younger Saudis (for about a generation) have been quitely working at obtaining dual citizenship in Europe/The West or insuring their minor children do. They have also been using the informal Arabic banking system to move funds out of SA for the future.

This, while only from one source, says to me that there are more than a few younger Saudis who have doubts about the stability of their government. Also that they are planning ahead as to not lose everthing the way the Iranians did in 78 and 79.
            Yes, these young Muslims can be quite insidious. I don't expect that all have dark motives, but it has been stated by many European Arab/Muslim emigres that they will prevail because they will use rights of free speech, expression and press to undermine the various governments.
            Mens Est Clavis Victoriae
            (The Mind Is The Key To Victory)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
            X