Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

of Kashmiris deserve better. Let’s give peace a chance

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • of Kashmiris deserve better. Let’s give peace a chance

    of Kashmiris deserve better. Let’s give peace a chance
    A promise of hope, change and transformation. A promise of getting rid of deceit, terror and the power nexus. A promise to give our much beloved motherland, Kashmir, a chance of peace. Will the promises hold?

    Written by Aanchal Magazine |Updated: August 19, 2019 7:21:56 am
    Is 370 an article of faith or just a number? A privileged identity or a misplaced entitlement. If I leave out the middle number, 30 remains. My age. The years in exile. The age of my mother when she carried me out as an infant from our homeland Kashmir into an unknown land.

    As I held her hand in the corridors of a Delhi hospital, I pondered over how it would have been for her to not be able to inform her parents for five months about migrating to Delhi in 1990 with two young daughters and her husband, from our initial transit point of Jammu, after our expulsion from Kashmir. Five months feel all the more arduous when I imagine not speaking to my parents for even a day.

    The previous day, my mother had taken us to her former home in Habba Kadal, Srinagar. The place where she grew up with her grandmother, parents, brother and two sisters. Though the new occupants welcomed her, as she hesitatingly made her way upstairs to show us the study, they made it a point to tell her she could roam around “unaccompanied” and may feel free to “steal” small things as the bigger ones would be difficult to take away. I had a lump in my throat. I looked at my mother, she just smiled calmly. She asked if they had retained some of her books/documents/certificates. “We thought you won’t return, so we threw it all away.’’ Neighbours, who had turned encroachers.
    https://indianexpress.com/article/op...mpression=true
    Last edited by vikram72; 21 Aug 19, 03:17.

  • #2
    Millions of non muslim people were forced to flee the Kashmir Valley. Majority Hindus, Buddhist , Sikhs and Christians.

    Aanchal Magazine is young Award winning Journalist from Kashmir .

    https://mobile.twitter.com/aanchalmagazine?lang=en


    Comment


    • #3
      Normalcy vs Burning Kashmir agendas killing truth on the ground

      Facts have become the biggest casualty in telling the Kashmir story as an exaggerated push to set a narrative of normalcy and another aggressive agenda that the region has turned into a battlefield, has taken centre stage.

      Kashmiri Citizens were proud of being able to have Article 370 which successfully hoodwinked them.

      They were deprived of many benefits.

      The struggle to bring Kashmir in mainstream.

      Continues with People trying to stage another Bloody confrontation point in South Asia after Afghanistan.

      https://www.indiatoday.in/news-analy...316-2019-08-19

      Comment


      • #4
        Vikram,

        I did not know where to post this but Ill post it here,

        What do you know of Nayantara Sahgal. She is Indian, 92(seems to age greatly btw) and a accomplished Indian writer. I believe she is a Muslim, she is a relative of the one and only Jawaharlal Nehru. It was said that Sahgal had a relative whom was jailed for supporting Indian independence against the British. Its proven that many Indian Muslims and Hindus fought together and died together in the fight for freedom. What do you know of Nayantara Sahgal, her family and of Indian Muslims(including Kashmiris) contributions to Indian independence.


        Long live the Lionheart! Please watch this video
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=jRDwlR4zbEM
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3DBaY0RsxU
        Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhilaration of victory.

        George S Patton

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Stonewall_Jack View Post
          Vikram,

          I did not know where to post this but Ill post it here,

          What do you know of Nayantara Sahgal. She is Indian, 92(seems to age greatly btw) and a accomplished Indian writer. I believe she is a Muslim, she is a relative of the one and only Jawaharlal Nehru. It was said that Sahgal had a relative whom was jailed for supporting Indian independence against the British. Its proven that many Indian Muslims and Hindus fought together and died together in the fight for freedom. What do you know of Nayantara Sahgal, her family and of Indian Muslims(including Kashmiris) contributions to Indian independence.

          You are welcome to ask any questions you may have.

          Nayan Tara Sahgal is in fact Hindu Bramhin from both maternal and paternal side. From maternal side. Kashmiri Pandit ( Bramhin ) Caste. Grand Daughter of Pt. Jawaharlal Nehru, one of our Socialist founding father. Our first Prime Minister. ( lately a smear campaign has been launched against Nehru-Gandhi political dynasty by zealot Right-wing Predominantly Hindu Nationalist calling them Muslims , which is blatant lie. )

          Maharashtrian ( from my state ) Sarawat Bramhin from paternal side.

          Bramhins are highest in caste Hierarchy . They are non violent Traditional priests. They have produced largest numbers of scholars in Indian History countless sages, Saints, Social reformers.

          Also like orthodox Jews , they were very orthodox and followed the religion very seriously. They were the only Hindus who survived onslaught of Islam in Kashmir , preferring to die then to convert to Islam.

          Later Islamic Invaders after few hundreds of years left them alone.

          Nayan Tara Sahgal is different she follows Socialist - Communist Ideology of her maternal Grand Father Pt. Jawaharlal Nehru.

          Has been vocal critic of Rise of religious extremism and attempts to stamp the right to dissent.

          Though the Socialist left which has ruled India till now. ( up to 2000) is guilty of suppressing right wing activists , destroying open market economy,
          giving up Kashmir and creation of Pakistan.

          Though they started on moral high ground of Gandhi , who supported enterprise's and open market but they became highly corrupt and Pesuedo Secular.

          Later they themselves started Economic transformation from Socialist Economy to normal open market economy. The transition is still going on.

          https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nayantara_Sahgal

          Comment


          • #6
            History of India is incomplete without all the colours of different faiths, ethnicity are seen together in one picture .

            Zorastrian faith survived in India only because of Secular Indian traditions.

            Jews flourished and practised their faith freely for hundreds of years.

            Christianity came to India before reaching the Europe. And flourished peacefully .

            Islam came and soon majority rulers adopted Indian secularism. Only few were very Barbaric . Less than half i should say.

            Indian Muslims were first to raise the flag of Independence against British Empire.

            They were in two camps.

            1) Wahabi / Deobandi who wanted Islamic Rule over India. Their followers established PAKISTAN .

            2) Secular / Nationalist / Communist / Socialists / Librals / Humanist / Secular Democratic Republicans / Barelvi - Sufi Muslims who formed and remained in India .

            Patriotic Muslims who rejected Two Nation Wahabi - Deobandi - Jihadist Ideology .

            Like our many Presidents. Our Nuclear Scientists . Our Space Programme directors. Few Military leaders.

            Today we have more Muslims living in India then in Pakistan.

            Second highest population of Muslims in World.

            in Kashmir there are only 2 - 4 % of our Muslim population .

            Comment


            • #7
              Dr A.P. J Abdul Kalam.

              our Nuclear/ space/ missile Scientist.

              conducted our second Nuclear test . Spent his entire life making India a Nuclear power.

              most loved President of Republic of India .

              Comment


              • #8
                I can quote hundreds but that is not needed.

                https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Syed_Ata_Hasnain

                Lt gen Syed Ata Hasnai was Indian Army Commander in Jammu and Kashmir . He had worked hard to bring normalcy from Pakistan sponsored terrorism .

                If possible listen to him. democracy versus terrorism

                • Chaired ByRahul Roy-Chaudhury
                • SpeakerLt. General (Retd) Syed Ata Hasnain
                • SpeakerDr Shabir Choudhry
                • SpeakerNitin A. Gokhale
                https://www.iiss.org/events/2019/03/...rsus-terrorism

                Comment


                • #9
                  From our Freedom Fighters to founding fathers.

                  https://www.worldpulse.com/community...s0/posts/73140

                  https://m.dailyhunt.in/news/india/en...dex=0&mode=pwa

                  http://www.mpositive.in/2016/11/13/r...edom-movement/

                  http://www.kamat.com/kalranga/freedo...ntribution.htm

                  ​​​​​​​

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Now on Kashmir.

                    Kashmir to Northern Afghanistan are areas depicted in our oldest scriptures called " Vedas "

                    The ARYAN Tribes old home in known history was these Northern part of South Asia.

                    They are central to Hinduism and Hindu Identity along with Mount Kailash and Mansarover lake in Tibet .

                    Though the oldest available specimen of this Indic script was found in Syria.

                    The Map of Vedic India.

                    640px-Map_of_Vedic_India.png







                    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hist...edic_India.png

                    https://www.learnreligions.com/histo...nflict-1770394

                    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mount_Kailash

                    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lake_Manasarovar

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Kashmir has Princely Rulers the Maharaja of Kashmir from our Hindu Rajput Dogra Dynasty.

                      Who ruled over Jammu and Kashmir .

                      So the Royal subjects of Jammu and Kashmir had no impact of Direct British Rule.

                      The Princely states in India provided safe haven to Independence struggle that was going on.

                      Many Indian Nationalist use to come and go to princely states. Use to reside for long periods to rest.

                      British Resident ( Civil / Military officer of British Raj / Empire ) use to be the representative of Viceroy / Governor General of India . Acting in dual capital acting for both the monarch also British Parliament .

                      British troops also were stationed in leased Areas alongside the Army of Maharaja.

                      Incidentally the Last Maharaja of Jammu and Kashmir was member of the war cabinet of Winston Churchill.

                      to arrest the dissident it was difficult process. And the political activists behaved nicely . Not to trouble the Maharaja was the unwritten rule. The kingdoms were happy places to live in British India.

                      have you seen the TV series Jweal in the crown

                      https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jamm...princely_state)


                      https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_...own_(TV_series)

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by vikram72 View Post

                        You are welcome to ask any questions you may have.

                        Nayan Tara Sahgal is in fact Hindu Bramhin from both maternal and paternal side. From maternal side. Kashmiri Pandit ( Bramhin ) Caste. Grand Daughter of Pt. Jawaharlal Nehru, one of our Socialist founding father. Our first Prime Minister. ( lately a smear campaign has been launched against Nehru-Gandhi political dynasty by zealot Right-wing Predominantly Hindu Nationalist calling them Muslims , which is blatant lie. )

                        Maharashtrian ( from my state ) Sarawat Bramhin from paternal side.

                        Bramhins are highest in caste Hierarchy . They are non violent Traditional priests. They have produced largest numbers of scholars in Indian History countless sages, Saints, Social reformers.

                        Also like orthodox Jews , they were very orthodox and followed the religion very seriously. They were the only Hindus who survived onslaught of Islam in Kashmir , preferring to die then to convert to Islam.

                        Later Islamic Invaders after few hundreds of years left them alone.

                        Nayan Tara Sahgal is different she follows Socialist - Communist Ideology of her maternal Grand Father Pt. Jawaharlal Nehru.

                        Has been vocal critic of Rise of religious extremism and attempts to stamp the right to dissent.

                        Though the Socialist left which has ruled India till now. ( up to 2000) is guilty of suppressing right wing activists , destroying open market economy,
                        giving up Kashmir and creation of Pakistan.

                        Though they started on moral high ground of Gandhi , who supported enterprise's and open market but they became highly corrupt and Pesuedo Secular.

                        Later they themselves started Economic transformation from Socialist Economy to normal open market economy. The transition is still going on.

                        https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nayantara_Sahgal
                        That’s interesting . So did Sahgal convert or did she have interfaith parents?

                        How admired is Nehru in India? Do Hindus and Muslims overwhelming like Nehru ? Nehru seems to have often dressed in religious garbs when meeting world leaders.

                        Do do you know if Nehru drank alcohol ?
                        Long live the Lionheart! Please watch this video
                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=jRDwlR4zbEM
                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3DBaY0RsxU
                        Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhilaration of victory.

                        George S Patton

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Stonewall_Jack View Post

                          That’s interesting . So did Sahgal convert or did she have interfaith parents?

                          How admired is Nehru in India? Do Hindus and Muslims overwhelming like Nehru ? Nehru seems to have often dressed in religious garbs when meeting world leaders.

                          Do do you know if Nehru drank alcohol ?
                          No she is Hindu. Not converted. Probably Atheist. Hinduism has a relaxed and casual approach . Many ways to pray. No body bothers.
                          Even if you say i believe in God thats enough.

                          Her both parents were hindu. She had first married a Hindu Kashmiri Pandit ( Bramhin ) her second marriage was to a Christian Punjabi.

                          Sahgal has been married twice, first to Gautam Sehgal and later to E.N. Mangat Rai, a Punjabi Christian who was an Indian Civil Service officer
                          Religious fundamentalism is an insult to religion, a danger to all those who disagree with it and a frontal attack on our Constitution, said writer Nayantara Sehgal on Tuesday.

                          She said at the time of Independence, the founding fathers of the country had “the wisdom to respect diversity and declare India secular and democratic.”

                          Delivering the 24th Justice Sunanda Bhandare memorial lecture on ‘Women under Religious Fundamentalism’, Sehgal, an award-winning author and niece of India’s first Prime Minister Jawaharlal Nehru,
                          https://m.hindustantimes.com/india-n...gTLEI_amp.html

                          https://indianculturalforum.in/2018/...lism-among-us/


                          Nehru comes 3rd or 4th our most popular and liked Founding Fathers. ( according to a survey )

                          1) Gandhi

                          2) Subhash Chandra Bose

                          3) Dr B.R.Ambedkar.

                          4) Pt. Jawaharlal Nehru

                          Nehru hated religion.

                          Nehru was a Freemason.

                          Gandhi assured Muslims that they will get good life in Secular Democratic Republic of India. Nehru acted on it.

                          All Indian Political parties asked Muslims not to go to Pakistan. But they accepted the Partition of India as decided by Indian Independence Act passed by British Parliament.

                          Hindu Nationalist a fringe minority wanted to keep India United with all religions sects and ethnicity. " Akhhand Bharat " or undivided India was their motto. They were ready for Civil war with followers of Pakistan.

                          Gandhi and Nehru Avoided it agreed to formation of Pakistan.

                          Millions died because of it. Hindu Nationalist BJP / RSS blame Gandhi and Nehru for it.

                          subsequently Gandhi was killed by Nathuram Godse a Hindu Nationalist .

                          Nehru dressed usually in North Indian Formal Indian Suit. Which is both Indian and Persian.

                          Though the suit wore in India seems bit different to westners because it was not seen in west befor early 20th century.

                          Nehru drank alcohol.

                          also ate Non Veg. Don't know whether he ate beef or Pork.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Nehru with parents

                            images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcSbQTFye0oELmaGeqgces7uRiGsW_Hfn8cYvnrROJRrrV79DvHo.jpg

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              In England Schooling.

                              images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcSy0zoJO3dX2tfuvX1YT2MNm5R4eNKcnxFl0AJ6tW37_sg7u9yQ.jpg

                              Comment

                              Latest Topics

                              Collapse

                              Working...
                              X