X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FBI warns of uncorroborated threat to malls

Link:

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/11/08/fbi.malls/index.html
    "You can tell a lot about a fella's character by whether he picks out all of one color or just grabs a handful." -explaining why Reagan liked to have a jar of jelly beans on hand for important meetings

CO for 1st S.INC Shock Security Troop

I just saw that too. I've always wondered why there have not been any such attacks in malls or on public transportation in the US. Such attacks would bring panic to the US on a much more personal level than those on the World Trade Center and Pentagon. Especially if they hit mid sized cities in the heartland.
    As lord and master of your grill, you will welcome any opportunity to display your grilling prowess.
    Mario Batali, 2006

Comment

Originally posted by dhuffjr View Post
      I just saw that too. I've always wondered why there have not been any such attacks in malls or on public transportation in the US. Such attacks would bring panic to the US on a much more personal level than those on the World Trade Center and Pentagon. Especially if they hit mid sized cities in the heartland.
      Just one more reason to have "Right To Carry" laws. Yeah, they'd take out some folks but the legal packing folks would take them out too and I bet they wouldn't have the guts to do it more than once. Then what would happen to the families/religious facilities etc. that the terrorists frequented? They would stay under microscopic supervision for years. I wonder which Scientology church will be the first to have suicide bombers at your local mall.
      "If you are right, then you are right even if everyone says you are wrong. If you are wrong then you are wrong even if everyone says you are right." William Penn.

Comment

[QUOTE=dhuffjr;794059]I just saw that too. I've always wondered why there have not been any such attacks in malls or on public transportation in the US.

A friend of mine used to date an FBI agent. According to him, the FBI is on the job and what you don't see is what is happening every day to prevent this stuff.

Logically it makes sense. It would be hard to believe that nothing has been happening just because they haven't felt like it yet.

Such attacks would bring panic to the US on a much more personal level than those on the World Trade Center and Pentagon.
        Especially teenagers if you hit the malls

Comment

Okay, coordinated attacks at various malls across the USA would have devastating effects for a short time until it was decided to have more guards and actually take control of our borders.

But, what would utterly lay waste inside America and make her turn with a vegeance like nothing ever destroyed before? How about the same exact tactic that terrorists used in Russia? Holding children hostages in their schools, raping them, murdering their teachers and eventually destroying them and everything around them.
          "If you are right, then you are right even if everyone says you are wrong. If you are wrong then you are wrong even if everyone says you are right." William Penn.

Comment

Originally posted by trailboss49 View Post
            Okay, coordinated attacks at various malls across the USA would have devastating effects for a short time until it was decided to have more guards and actually take control of our borders.

But, what would utterly lay waste inside America and make her turn with a vegeance like nothing ever destroyed before? How about the same exact tactic that terrorists used in Russia? Holding children hostages in their schools, raping them, murdering their teachers and eventually destroying them and everything around them.
            mate, and it pains me to say this, believe me, but that is already happening now, virginia tech ring a bell, and its not terrorists, but angry and f#@&*d up students doing the damage!!!!

...what is this world coming too...

Comment

Originally posted by galland View Post
              mate, and it pains me to say this, believe me, but that is already happening now, virginia tech ring a bell, and its not terrorists, but angry and f#@&*d up students doing the damage!!!!

...what is this world coming too...
              Yeah, I know and there was a small high school in Colorado a couple of years back where a maniac went in and did some bad damage before the cops took his right to breathe away. Then there were the Amish school kids in America too which died only because a whack job decided to go nuts that day. So, no matter what law is passed or what our lifestyle is it is impossible to protect all the innocents all the time.

But, I was thinking more along the lines of an organized terroristic operation(s). The drama would keep all of America on the edge of our seats no matter how long it took. Then no matter how it turned out there would be endless debate and investigations. However, the nanosecond that the USA thought they knew who organized the plots you would either see a set of mushroom clouds or the largest military invasion since WWII and I don't think the guys would be told to ask questions first and shoot only after being shot at either.

Comment

There's a uncorroborated threat to 7-11 stores too. If the believers want economic warfare they shall have it.

"Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a ugly brawl."
                --Frederick II, King of Prussia

Comment

Ah the traditional Xmax threat to the holiday shoppers.
                  Eternal War(gaming) Armoured Struggle Car Bob

History does not record anywhere at any time a religion that has any rational basis.
                  Lazarus Long

Draw the blinds on yesterday and it's all so much scarier....
                  David Bowie

Comment

Originally posted by dhuffjr View Post
                    I agree totally 100%.

Another type of target that would instill total chaos and fear is an attack on a school like what the Chechen's did in Beslan. Attacking one elementary school would cause 1000 times more fear then 9/11.

Between our wide open borders, sleeper cells, etc it is a miracle that there havent been any attacks since 9/11/2001.

Comment

I remember a watching a Special Forces: Untold Stories episode where some terrorists from some country in asia took and held hostage some 100 kids at a school and over 60 passangers on a train in I think the Netherlands. They let the kids go because they were all getting sick but they still held the teachers and the train passangers. After a standoff for several weeks Special Forces attacked the school and train at the same time killing all but a couple terrorists.

Anybody who knows more info can add on to mine
                      "You can tell a lot about a fella's character by whether he picks out all of one color or just grabs a handful." -explaining why Reagan liked to have a jar of jelly beans on hand for important meetings

CO for 1st S.INC Shock Security Troop

Comment

No_Nickname, the incident you speak of took place in the Netherlands in 1977.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Train_h...977#The_attack

A group of refugees from a former Netherlands colony took a train hostage and the police and Royal Netherlands Marines stormed the train and rescued the hostages.

Comment

I think the Islamists are just too ineffectual and stupid to do it. Also, they don't understand us very well: they are interested in their own values, not ours, so they can't imagine what would hurt us most.

I say ineffectual and stupid, because if this is really a war, six years without a battle??????? Without an attack????? Not much of a war.

We are used to this and expect it. The Vietnamese didn't do sabotage attacks on our homeland, the Iraqis didn't in either war, the Serbs never did and they are pretty tough ------- but how long can we go on invading countries and assume they will always let us fight the whole war on their land?

Sooner or later you would think SOMEbody with a triple-digit IQ, if there are any there, would think, hey!! how about if we make this cost the Americans something?

But I hope they never think of that.

Comment

Originally posted by Phebe View Post
                            I think the Islamists are just too ineffectual and stupid to do it. Also, they don't understand us very well: they are interested in their own values, not ours, so they can't imagine what would hurt us most.

I say ineffectual and stupid, because if this is really a war, six years without a battle??????? Without an attack????? Not much of a war.

We are used to this and expect it. The Vietnamese didn't do sabotage attacks on our homeland, the Iraqis didn't in either war, the Serbs never did and they are pretty tough ------- but how long can we go on invading countries and assume they will always let us fight the whole war on their land?

Sooner or later you would think SOMEbody with a triple-digit IQ, if there are any there, would think, hey!! how about if we make this cost the Americans something?

But I hope they never think of that.
                            Oh, I think that 9/11 with the World Trade Center taken out, the Pentagon attacked & thousands dead was a pretty good attack.

Comment

Originally posted by trailboss49 View Post
                              Oh, I think that 9/11 with the World Trade Center taken out, the Pentagon attacked & thousands dead was a pretty good attack.

It was a corker, trailboss, but if that's all they've got, it's a one-off.

It's been six years since they managed an attack......how many years without our being attacked are you willing to go and still insist on calling it a war?

Eight years? Fifteen years? How about 33 years?

At some point I think we have to admit, these guys were a lot of big talk, but no carry-through.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X