Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guilty verdicts over Madrid bombs

good all i can say ..

Spanish court has sentenced three men to thousands of years in jail for their part in the Madrid train bombings of March 2004.
    Moroccans Jamal Zougam and Otman el Ghanoui and Spaniard Emilio Trashorras were found guilty of murder.

But Rabei Osman Sayed Ahmed, one of the accused masterminds, was acquitted.

Twenty-eight people faced trial over the devastating nail-bomb blasts that hit four commuter trains, killing 191 people and injuring more than 1,800.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/7070827.stm
    owner of the yahoo group for WW1 ,WW2 and Modern TO&Es
    (Tables of organisation & equipment or Unit of action )

http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/TOandEs/

I know most of my Euro friends do not agree with me on this, but in situations such as this I would have no problem getting "old Testament" on them. An eye for an eye anyone?

Execution by nail bomb sounds like a good idea.....

Comment

Originally posted by Miss.Saigon View Post
      I know most of my Euro friends do not agree with me on this, but in situations such as this I would have no problem getting "old Testament" on them. An eye for an eye anyone?

Execution by nail bomb sounds like a good idea.....
      Hi M.S. i would agree with you on that ,i was going to post should have saved the money on a trial and shot the gits ...
      owner of the yahoo group for WW1 ,WW2 and Modern TO&Es
      (Tables of organisation & equipment or Unit of action )

http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/TOandEs/

Comment

From one of point of view I'd agree however there is the issue of martyrdom. They'd love that so why give it to 'em.

Comment

The maximum sentence in a Spanish jail is 40 years so it is lilkely that they will be free at some point if not sooner. One can but hope that an 'accident' happens while they are in jail.
          "To be free is better than to be unfree - always."

Comment

Not sure how it is in European prisions, but in the AMerican prison system, terrorists are pretty low in the social chain and often have to be protected from the other prisoners.

Given that, they will have some very unhappy years ahead of them.
            Certainly better than a quick execution in some minds

Comment

Originally posted by thomas.tmcc View Post
              Hi M.S. i would agree with you on that ,i was going to post should have saved the money on a trial and shot the gits ...
              What about those who where acquitted. Still want to shoot them out of hand?
              Winnie says
              ---------------------------------
              "He fell out of a Gestapo car, over a bridge, and onto a railway line. Then was run over by the Berlin Express.

It was an Accident."
              Herr Flick.

Comment

Originally posted by copenhagen View Post
                From one of point of view I'd agree however there is the issue of martyrdom. They'd love that so why give it to 'em.
                I wonder how powerful of a force this martyrdom thing would actually be?

A lot of people think it would be a big deal to them, but there are too many of them. I think their idea of martyrs is so watered down that there would be an initial uproar and then they would forget about the dead and focus on the living.

Comment

Originally posted by Surrey View Post
                  The maximum sentence in a Spanish jail is 40 years so it is lilkely that they will be free at some point if not sooner. One can but hope that an 'accident' happens while they are in jail.
                  Then again since (in my humble opinion) Spain caved into Al Queda once by pulling their military out of Iraq I can but wonder if they will likely to follow the lead set by Germany and trade convicted terrorists for kidnapped journalists.
                  "If you are right, then you are right even if everyone says you are wrong. If you are wrong then you are wrong even if everyone says you are right." William Penn.

Comment

Originally posted by trailboss49 View Post
                    Then again since (in my humble opinion) Spain caved into Al Queda once by pulling their military out of Iraq I can but wonder if they will likely to follow the lead set by Germany and trade convicted terrorists for kidnapped journalists.
                    You have to convict them to do that. The cowed, feckless Spaniards let the "mastermind" of the Madrid bombings walk. GG, Espana.

Comment

Originally posted by OmegaStrike View Post
                      You have to convict them to do that. The cowed, feckless Spaniards let the "mastermind" of the Madrid bombings walk. GG, Espana.
                      So, they had a trail, a jury trial, the jury didn't think that they had enough evidence to convict him..... Isn't that how the western legal system is supposed to work??????
                      “The time has come,” the Walrus said,
                      “To talk of many things:
                      Of shoes—and ships—and sealing-wax—
                      Of cabbages—and kings—
                      And why the sea is boiling hot—
                      And whether pigs have wings.”
                      ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

Originally posted by Combatengineer View Post
                        So, they had a trail, a jury trial, the jury didn't think that they had enough evidence to convict him..... Isn't that how the western legal system is supposed to work??????
                        They convict all the "rank and file" but can't convict the "mastermind?" This indicates to me there is either something fishy going on or their prosecutors are incompetent. How can you convict all the others, but not the man that directed and ordered their activities? I smell politics in this "acquittal."

Comment

They convict all the "rank and file" but can't convict the "mastermind?" This indicates to me there is either something fishy going on or their prosecutors are incompetent. How can you convict all the others, but not the man that directed and ordered their activities? I smell politics in this "acquittal."
                          OR... maybe... just maybe... the judges did their work and realized the "mastermind" wasnt really the mastermind after all.

Food for thought. I'm sure the judges have some qualifications to try a high profile case like this.

Comment

Originally posted by Desert King View Post
                            OR... maybe... just maybe... the judges did their work and realized the "mastermind" wasnt really the mastermind after all.

Food for thought. I'm sure the judges have some qualifications to try a high profile case like this.
                            Four words: Judge Ito, Marcia Clark.

They had "qualifications to try a high profile case" too.

Comment

Because the "mastermind" was good enough to keep his connections to the monkey level doers hidden. That's what good masterminds do, otherwise they're really just another worker bee.

In the US we know who the Mob king pins are and it still takes many tries to get one, yet we were able to get the "muscle" pretty easy for the actual crimes......
                              “The time has come,” the Walrus said,
                              “To talk of many things:
                              Of shoes—and ships—and sealing-wax—
                              Of cabbages—and kings—
                              And why the sea is boiling hot—
                              And whether pigs have wings.”
                              ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X