Mastermind of Cole bombing released on house arrest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mastermind of Cole bombing released on house arrest

I just read that the mastermind fo the Cole bombing was released from prison on house arrest. Sounds like a fixed target for an airstrike to me. Small diameter bomb anyone?
    As lord and master of your grill, you will welcome any opportunity to display your grilling prowess.
    Mario Batali, 2006

Where? By whom?

Perhaps they want to follow him and see who he contacts? Those predators carry hellfire missiles.

Comment

Originally posted by dhuffjr View Post
      I just read that the mastermind fo the Cole bombing was released from prison on house arrest. Sounds like a fixed target for an airstrike to me. Small diameter bomb anyone?
      Actually, I prefer one 7.62mm round through the cranium, less collateral damage that way. However, I will admit a 1,000 pounder falling from the sky really is cool when it hits.
      "If you are right, then you are right even if everyone says you are wrong. If you are wrong then you are wrong even if everyone says you are right." William Penn.

Comment

He was put in prison in Yemen around 2003 and then escaped. He just recently turned himself in from what I can tell as part of a deal to reduce his sentece to house arrest as a reward for "renouncing" terrorism......who believes that btw.

The SDB is only 40lbs I think so collateral damage is not as much an issue.

I'd really like to see a snatch and grab on his worthless behind. Send his but to a SuperMax to rot.
        As lord and master of your grill, you will welcome any opportunity to display your grilling prowess.
        Mario Batali, 2006

Comment

Well, this action states beyond any doubt that Yemen is a refuge for terrorists and should not be trusted for any reason.
          "If you are right, then you are right even if everyone says you are wrong. If you are wrong then you are wrong even if everyone says you are right." William Penn.

Comment

I say we should just push a MOAB out the back of passing C-17 in the general vicinity. Big booms are always cool..
            "To the USA Commander of the encircled town of Bastogne. . .There is only one possibility. . .the honorable surrender of the encircled town."
            "To the German Commander: Nuts! The American Commander."
            Brig GEN McAuliffe response at Bastogne Dec 1944

Comment

There are CIA operatives in the country. It is time for those people to earn their salaries. The biggest Islamist fish are cowardly little men. You don't nead a MOAB to deal with them.

"Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a ugly brawl."
              --Frederick II, King of Prussia

Comment

great justice eh NOT ... why the heck would they release him ,anyone got a link to it ..
                owner of the yahoo group for WW1 ,WW2 and Modern TO&Es
                (Tables of organisation & equipment or Unit of action )

http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/TOandEs/

Comment

ah found a link on the bbc site ..

USS Cole plotter freed by Yemen

Badawi escaped from jail in 2006 but handed himself in recently
                  A Yemeni man convicted of plotting and taking part in the bombing of the USS Cole in 2000 is to be freed from jail.
                  Jamal al-Badawi will be kept under effective house arrest after pledging allegiance to Yemen's president.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/mid...st/7065074.stm
                  owner of the yahoo group for WW1 ,WW2 and Modern TO&Es
                  (Tables of organisation & equipment or Unit of action )

http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/TOandEs/

Comment

Originally posted by MonsterZero View Post
                    There are CIA operatives in the country. It is time for those people to earn their salaries. The biggest Islamist fish are cowardly little men. You don't nead a MOAB to deal with them.
                    You're right a MOAB is a little overkill. I just like the big boom effect. I still prefer military ops over CIA though. I trust my brothers and sisters in uniform more.
                    "To the USA Commander of the encircled town of Bastogne. . .There is only one possibility. . .the honorable surrender of the encircled town."
                    "To the German Commander: Nuts! The American Commander."
                    Brig GEN McAuliffe response at Bastogne Dec 1944

Comment

The State Dept says he isn't . . .

I saw a wire report last night quoting the US State Dept as saying the guy is still in jail. Haven't followed up yet.

OTOH - Isn't Yemen were the a CIA Predator took out a car load of most-wanted jihadis with a Hellfire in 2004? I'd say follow him around for a bit, monitor his phones and see if he talks to any other 'persons of interest'.
                      Any metaphor will tear if stretched over too much reality.

Questions about our site? See the FAQ.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                      X