No announcement yet.

You just can't please some people . . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You just can't please some people . . .

Al-Qaida anger at Jazeera on Laden tape
    By MAGGIE MICHAEL, Associated Press Writer
    9 minutes ago

CAIRO, Egypt - Al-Qaida sympathizers have unleashed a torrent of anger against Al-Jazeera television, accusing it of misrepresenting Osama bin Laden's latest audiotape by airing excerpts in which he criticizes mistakes by insurgents in Iraq.

. . .
    Any metaphor will tear if stretched over too much reality.

Questions about our site? See the FAQ.

You know Al-Jaz is really begining to be my news provider of choice. It is usually better ballanced than Aunty and knocks CNN and Fox into a cocked hat. I must take up a subscription.

Comment

Yeah but it doesnt have Mastermind or Springwatch like the Beeb does!!
      "The Eastern front is like a house of cards. If the front is broken through at one point all the rest will collapse."- General Heinz Guderian

"Oakland Raiders: Committed to Excellence"

Comment

I knew it! I knew it! If I waited long enough I would find the person that watches Spring Watch.

Comment

Hasn't anyone ever told them about biting the (left) hand that feeds you?
          Delegate, MN GOP.

PATRIA SI, COMUNISMO NO

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/p...?id=1156276727

Comment

Originally posted by Tielhard View Post
            I knew it! I knew it! If I waited long enough I would find the person that watches Spring Watch.
            Actually its my 5 year old who loves it and Bill Oddie or as he calls him BLLODDY!!!
            "The Eastern front is like a house of cards. If the front is broken through at one point all the rest will collapse."- General Heinz Guderian

Comment

Originally posted by SGT Long View Post
              Hasn't anyone ever told them about biting the (left) hand that feeds you?
              Well I am left handed but I've never bitten it!!

Comment

Originally posted by Gott Heinrici View Post
                You would have to be very hungry or very confused to pull that one off.

Maybe his finger fell into some BBQ sauce and through natural instinct desided to take a bite?

Comment

Once you get past al Jazeera's slant, it ain't a half bad news source. Since they're pretty up-front about their slant, one can move on to other things. From time to time they post some totally decent pieces of journalism. I wish that the vaunted New York Times was as up-front about their slant.

For a real trashy Middle East news source, try al Arabiya. They make Rupert Murdoch look reasonable.
                  I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

Originally posted by slick_miester View Post
                    Once you get past al Jazeera's slant, it ain't a half bad news source. Since they're pretty up-front about their slant, one can move on to other things. From time to time they post some totally decent pieces of journalism. I wish that the vaunted New York Times was as up-front about their slant.

I don't know much about Al Jazeera, but what you say makes some sense. I have always said that I admired most European news agencies for being open about their political slant, whereas American news organizations all pretend to be objective when they have their biases too.

Better to have the intellectual honesty and then read multiple sources and draw your own conclusions than to read one source and assume it is the "be all and end all" because it is "objective". There is no such thing.

Of course some people want to be pandered to by getting their information only from those sources who have the same bias as they do. That is fine and understandable, but don't pretend that is objective.

Last edited by Miss Saigon; 26 Oct 07, 14:43.

Comment

Originally posted by slick_miester View Post
                      They make Rupert Murdoch look reasonable.
                      Rupert Murdoch is reasonable, just look at the FOX news channel.
                      "If you are right, then you are right even if everyone says you are wrong. If you are wrong then you are wrong even if everyone says you are right." William Penn.

Comment

Originally posted by trailboss49 View Post
                        Rupert Murdoch is reasonable, just look at the FOX news channel.

Comment

Originally posted by Gott Heinrici View Post
                          Using the left hand has special meaning for those of the Islamic faith, I'm left handed also ,BTW.
                          Delegate, MN GOP.

PATRIA SI, COMUNISMO NO

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/p...?id=1156276727

Comment

Just more proof of the unworthiness of the media, anybodies media.
                            Eternal War(gaming) Armoured Struggle Car Bob

History does not record anywhere at any time a religion that has any rational basis.
                            Lazarus Long

Draw the blinds on yesterday and it's all so much scarier....
                            David Bowie

Comment

Using the left hand has special meaning for those of the Islamic faith
                              Yes, it is the unclean hand the hand Arab wipes thier arses with. What of it? It is common to most cultures where bog roll and running water are luxuries.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X