Maori terrorists!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maori terrorists!!

Heard this on the world service of the BBC..

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...efer=australia

Interesting article. What are your thoughts on it?? You posted it, so you must have some.

Comment

For years New Zealand has been held as a model of inter race relations. I have never heard a bad thing come out of New Zealand on the matter and now I am directed to this.....

Damn it! Is there nowhere on this planet where different peoples can live together in relative peace? Is it even possible?

It's really depressing.

GG
      "The will of a section rooted in self interest, should not outweigh the vital interests of a whole people." -Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain-

"Fanatics of any sort are dangerous." -GG-

Comment

Much ado about nothing. Reminds me of the Black Panther Party crying similair accusations after the police raids of the 1970s. Militant Blacks did not represent the vast majority of African Americans then & I really rather doubt if this political party in New Zealand does a good job of representing their people either. If in doubt throw down the race card, a typical liberal action.
        Last edited by Trailboss49; 19 Oct 07, 18:53.
        "If you are right, then you are right even if everyone says you are wrong. If you are wrong then you are wrong even if everyone says you are right." William Penn.

Comment

Afaik, only one significantly Maori person was targeted in the raid - the rest were radical environmentalists first and foremost. As for race relations - every Kiwi learns the national anthem first in english and then in Maori, regardless of race, the Haka is a national thing regardless of race, if anything the chinese immigrant population are more involved in the racial tension, due to their numbers and unwillingness to integrate fully.

as for the rest of NZ, the majority of them are happy to come to Oz and bludge off our social welfare system

but in all seriousness, the terror raids had very little to do with racial tensions, and more to do with Kiwi's clutch of rabid mungbean hippies.
          Now listening too;
          - Russell Robertson, ruining whatever credibility my football team once had.

Comment

Originally posted by Ivan Rapkinov View Post
            Afaik, only one significantly Maori person was targeted in the raid - the rest were radical environmentalists first and foremost. As for race relations - every Kiwi learns the national anthem first in english and then in Maori, regardless of race, the Haka is a national thing regardless of race, if anything the chinese immigrant population are more involved in the racial tension, due to their numbers and unwillingness to integrate fully.

as for the rest of NZ, the majority of them are happy to come to Oz and bludge off our social welfare system
            And marry our sheep.
            War. Young men killing each other for the benefit of old men!

Comment

Originally posted by medivac View Post
              Interesting article. What are your thoughts on it?? You posted it, so you must have some.
              Much as Gunny was my first reaction and I guess my second was that maybe this was a sign of our times one set of laws aimed at one group used to target another. However its hard to say if people are actually running armed training camps then I guess they need arresting even if that is in the South Downs of old England (Near London).

And if they are not actually doing that then it is probably a terrible miss use of powers. Which happens.

Either way I am back with Gunny feeling sad about the world ...again.

Comment

Much ado about nothing. Reminds me of the Black Panther Party crying similair accusations after the police raids of the 1970s. Militant Blacks did not represent the vast majority of African Americans then & I really rather doubt if this political party in New Zealand does a good job of representing their people either.
                And isn't this strange exactly what I have been saying about arab peoples but I guess that doesn't count for them

Comment

Damn!

Who left their Wellingtons in me driveway?

Damned mungbeans!

On the Plains of Hesitation lie the blackened bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of victory, sat down to rest-and resting... died. Adlai E. Stevenson

ACG History Today

BoRG

Comment

Thanks for additional info, IVAN. Always appreciate "straight answers".

Verbaluzi: I've edged toward that same line of approach upon occasion (concerning the Moslems), it usually gets me called offensive names.

GG
                    "The will of a section rooted in self interest, should not outweigh the vital interests of a whole people." -Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain-

"Fanatics of any sort are dangerous." -GG-

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                    X