Sensational prelude to Ahmadinejad's speech

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sensational prelude to Ahmadinejad's speech

The President of Iran is speaking to Columbia University students at this moment. He was introduced by none other than the president of Columbia. The president introduced the Iranian as a "petty dictator" and gave a long documented list of the human rights violations in Iran. This is not a joke. The news is just breaking. Freedom of speech has crushed the ego of the Iranian megalomaniac!!
    Last edited by MonsterZero; 24 Sep 07, 13:41.

"Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a ugly brawl."
    --Frederick II, King of Prussia

http://edition.cnn.com/2007/US/09/24...ef=mpstoryview

Here you go. This is why he shouldn't have been allowed to speak at Columbia. It only landed credence and a platform for his outrageous and dangerous claims.

Comment

Biscuit, there's light at the end of the tunnel. The president of Iran has stated there are no gays in Iran. Our worst suspicions had been unsubstantiated then. In the presence of nuclear weapon prototypes the absence of gays is a good compensation...
      Last edited by MonsterZero; 24 Sep 07, 16:49.

Comment

Originally posted by Biscuit View Post

Here you go. This is why he shouldn't have been allowed to speak at Columbia. It only landed credence and a platform for his outrageous and dangerous claims.
        What does the jerk mean about little research on the Holocaust? Dang, how many books, movies, dissertations, public forums, and museums need to be done? I recommend he visit the USA Holocaust museum to Washington, D.C. to begin.
        "If you are right, then you are right even if everyone says you are wrong. If you are wrong then you are wrong even if everyone says you are right." William Penn.

Comment

Originally posted by trailboss49 View Post
          What does the jerk mean about little research on the Holocaust? Dang, how many books, movies, dissertations, public forums, and museums need to be done? I recommend he visit the USA Holocaust museum to Washington, D.C. to begin.
          Deep down he has to know that it occured. You can't tell me he doesn't know it happened. It just supports all the anti-Israel stuff in a most round about way. In that way, he reminds me of Hitler: A lot of vitriolic speech and smoke, but nothing intelligent to say.
          Last edited by Biscuit; 25 Sep 07, 06:04.

Comment

The best part is in the making. You'd be naive to trust the Iranian state television will translate the exchange accurately. Next week the Iranian people will listen to a tape featuring the same debate but completely different statements.

Comment

Originally posted by MonsterZero View Post
              The best part is in the making. You'd be naive to trust the Iranian state television will translate the exchange accurately. Next week the Iranian people will listen to a tape featuring the same debate but completely different statements.
              You sound just like him making, assumptions with no proof now what I want is just a little research into the Iranian TV coverage...

Comment

Originally posted by Biscuit View Post

It also gave him a platform to make himself look a complete muppet in front of a western audience!

Comment

Anyone remember "Bad-Acting Playhouse" from SNL?

All that little charade was missing was John Lovitz doing an intro...

Comment

Originally posted by copenhagen View Post
                    It also gave him a platform to make himself look a complete muppet in front of a western audience!
                    Some readers at the BBC website think otherwise.

The president of Iran had a wonderful chance at Columbia to act as the more educated and civil person, and he used that chance.

America needs to recognize that Iranís hostilities will not falter as long as ours hold so high. A little bit of trust could make them no longer have desire to use the weapons they may or may not have. Unless the west intends on starting a war, it may be beneficial to placate them, otherwise we wonít make any progress whatsoever.

Columbia wasted a good chance there.

Galen, Connecticut, USA

The reactions and actions of American unlearned society and their institutional behaviour at Columbia University shows how arrogant Americans are. American education is geared toward bully rather than the pursuit of knowledge. By insulting Ahmadinejad Americans have shown the world their shallow, hallow cognition. I had predicted this would happen. American politics, civil administration and social institutions are intertwined. You are with us or against us is the thinking. What a dementia hell

Obwota Omwony, Magwi, Sudan

America attacked Afghanistan and Iraq and achieved nothing! and you are calling the Iranian president a terrorist! America was all too happy to snuggle up to Iran when the shah was in power and acted deaf dumb and blind while he slaughtered his people! or did you all forget that, i suppose you are all still hung up about the whole American Embassy fiasco! but your quick to forget your government is responsible for deaths of 1000s of innocent Iraqi civilians because of the so called war on terror

Kawther Al-Aaraji

This was not an invitation to embrace freedom of speech. It was a propaganda campaign organized by Mr. Bollinger and co. - one which they lost to Ahmadinejad. How can the president of a famous university be so ďastonishingly uneducatedĒ as to take it upon himself to dictate to his audience what to think of his guest? Is this freedom of thought, common courtsey?
                    Rather than insulting a nation by insulting its elected president, Mr. Bollinger should take a look at his own president right at home.

hamid, Toronto

The Iranian Presidentís visit to the U.S. has served to help Americans understand Iranís perspective on various issues and also Iranians in general better. There should be more of these types of cultural exchanges to foster understanding between the two sides. I think that the Iranian President was bold in taking this step and I hope Americans recognize this fact.

Brijesh Shah, New York, United States

Although Ahmadinejad (AJad) is no saint, he managed to score some very good points. He stayed composed in the face of childish insults from Bolwinkel,he made some very good points on hypocrisy of US with regards to terrorits & Nuclear issue. As he pointed out, US has designated the MEK as a terrorist organization yet it harbors them in Iraq because they serve its purpose. AJadís speech showed the hypocrisy of the West and media that were trying so hard to discredit him by spinning the outcome!

Bahram, San Jose
                    Your's is not an advisable way to try and justify letting Ahmadinnerjacket speak at a prestigious U.S. university. It could lead to all sorts of problems for you, and for Columbia U. His appearance was not for consumption by Western audiences.

Comment

My hat is off for the President of Columbia who did not cave into the "Political Correctness" babblespeak trap and actually dared to call a spade a spade. This in the middle of one of the most liberal cities in the country! Ya GOTTA love it!
                      "The will of a section rooted in self interest, should not outweigh the vital interests of a whole people." -Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain-

"Fanatics of any sort are dangerous." -GG-

Comment

I watched the 60 minutes interview with him, pretty interesting although nothing shocking. He is very clever in his responses, tries not to rock the boat too much and be vague, bringing up controversial topics like the US undying support for Israel and the censorship of holoaust denial in Europe and the war on terror as a means to evade direct questions. The one part I beleive he can be faulted on is his handling of questions related to the Iraqi war and Iran's involvement. The average person might be fooled by his rhetoric in regards to israel, the nuclear issue, and holocaust denial, but his extremely incomplete and vague comments on Iran's invovlement with supplying iraqis with weapons was a clear statement of acknowledgement by avoiding a straight answer. He is not fooling me though, that scumbag with his cocky smiles is a stone cold liar.

all in all, i think he is doing a great join in terms of leveraging power for his nation. I do NOT like him in the slightest, but just as any jew would most likely admit even Hitler was a smart and capable leader, I think Irans prez is playing his cards correctly. Now, if we could just stack the deck against him things would be a lot calmer on the world stage.

i also agree that the Colombia Prez' intro statements were pretty good considering i thought it was pathetic to begin with that they allowed him to speak there at all...

Comment

Originally posted by Grognard Gunny View Post
                          My hat is off for the President of Columbia who did not cave into the "Political Correctness" babblespeak trap and actually dared to call a spade a spade. This in the middle of one of the most liberal cities in the country! Ya GOTTA love it!
                          Letting this bigot expound is the easiest and best way to expose his lack of intelligence. In America you can be wrong at the top of your voice.
                          "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen." - Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by copenhagen View Post
                            In a perfect world I would agree with you, but too many people don't question what they are told. In all fairness, he is evil and we are part of the problem would be the fairest summation. We are part of the problem becuase we don't always question, do the right thing, or stand up to the wrong thing.

Comment

Originally posted by w john spurrell View Post
                              Letting this bigot expound is the easiest and best way to expose his lack of intelligence. In America you can be wrong at the top of your voice.
                              I think some of us are missing the point. Columbia allowed "Dinner Jacket" to speak in respect for the freedom of free speech we enjoy in this country. Columbia has a long reputation for civil liberties' causes.

Note that the concept of "free speech" does not limit itself to just what we want to hear. In fact, one of the primary reasons for "free speech" is to insure that minority opinions are given a free hearing. Taken to extremes, if I am the only person in the country that expounds a certain idea, and everyone else decries it to the heavens, my right to say that idea aloud (or in the press) is guaranteed.

Allowing this petty dictator to have his say is in the finest tradition of the concept of free speech. I applaud that. I also applaud the President of Columbia for giving the little schmuck a full broadside with utter acumen and accuracy.

GG
                              "The will of a section rooted in self interest, should not outweigh the vital interests of a whole people." -Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain-

"Fanatics of any sort are dangerous." -GG-

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X