Osama's beard in the new video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Osama's beard in the new video

I saw a lot of folks said he dyed his beard. What if that's not his beard at all, but a fake one he had to use because he has shaved to blend in the populated area he is hiding in?

maybe that's because general Petraeus is in fact OBL!

or maybe he has leukemia!

or maybe he is a cab driver in NYC!

good observation. interested to see what the poor guys at the intelligence services who will have to suffer listening to the full 47minutes of the video
    "Freedom cannot exist without discipline, self-discipline, and rights cannot exist without duties. Those who do not observe their duties do not deserve their rights."--Oriana Fallaci

Comment

Originally posted by Imperial View Post
      I saw a lot of folks said he dyed his beard. What if that's not his beard at all, but a fake one he had to use because he has shaved to blend in the populated area he is hiding in?
      The beard looks so bad I thought about that too. I'm sure that the CIA has had their professional make up artists view it to see if it is a fake or not. If it is I'm pretty sure that he killed a goat to use it's fur.

But, on the other hand, shaving off his real one would not help him blend in where's he at since I'm sure 99% of the men wear beards in the neighboring caves. Wait, that's it, he's wearing one of those female full length dresses (burqa) and a beard would stick out the head part.
      "If you are right, then you are right even if everyone says you are wrong. If you are wrong then you are wrong even if everyone says you are right." William Penn.

Comment

He is one of the biggest bogeymen in recent years. If he was alive he'd be making you cant catch me videos on a fairly regular basis. Maybe i'll be proved wrong, but I reckon he's dead having died of typhoid or something in the pakistani mountains and alqueda are using his bogeyman status to taunt people with fake audio and video.

Comment

Question. Wasn't there an announcement that he was confirmrd dead a few months ago?
          War. Young men killing each other for the benefit of old men!

Comment

Thats news to me to be honest mate.

Comment

thingie is that in these videos, he mentions news that are fairly recent. i.e. Sarkozy president of France, etc.

of course he could be in Langley or in an Islamabad penthouse with his former masters doing his part of the deal.... but that would not be his ideology, he is a pure devout muslim. one of the few ones.

in the end, dead or alive, he has already won his war.

it's the next that need to be won.
              "Freedom cannot exist without discipline, self-discipline, and rights cannot exist without duties. Those who do not observe their duties do not deserve their rights."--Oriana Fallaci

Comment

Originally posted by copenhagen View Post
                He is one of the biggest bogeymen in recent years.

[/topical]Oh, I thought that was George Dubya

Comment

Originally posted by piero1971 View Post
                  So, Usama Bin Ladin has won the Global War On Terrorism? Reckon we can all pack up and go home and wait for the knock on the door where we will be stoned or beheaded for refusing to join a religion which forments terrorism.
                  "If you are right, then you are right even if everyone says you are wrong. If you are wrong then you are wrong even if everyone says you are right." William Penn.

Comment

I disagree . . .

Originally posted by piero1971 View Post
                    thingie is that in these videos, he mentions news that are fairly recent. i.e. Sarkozy president of France, etc.

of course he could be in Langley or in an Islamabad penthouse with his former masters doing his part of the deal.... but that would not be his ideology, he is a pure devout Muslim. one of the few ones.

it's the next that need to be won.
                    OBL has not "won" anything
                    • Entire middle tier leadership of AQ lost twice-over
                    • No islamist revolt in Saudi Arabia [or any other Arab state]
                    • Loss of hundreds of supporters/militants to security forces
                    • World-wide crackdown on Muslim charities cutting into fundraising
                    • Loss of safe-havens/training camps in Afghanistan
                    • Wahhabism has lost leadership of the larger jihadist movement to Iranians/Shia [Hamas, Hezbollah, etc]

He's started two wars and gotten [at least] tens of thousands of Muslims killed and basically nothing to show for it.

Drawing the US into a conflict in the Middle East was to be a means to an end. Despite the likelyhood the US will be pulling out all or most of its forces over the next few years, the autocratic regimes OBL sought to overthrow are as firmly entrenched as ever and are now stocking up on arms to defend themselves from a resurgent Iran. A few jihadis aren't going to make much of a difference compared to the Iranian threat. His desired "Caliphate" is no closer to reality than it was when he began almost 30 years ago.
                    Any metaphor will tear if stretched over too much reality.

Questions about our site? See the FAQ.

Comment

The beard looked truly fake for whatever reason. He also looked a little younger in this video, to my untrained eye. Could he be a ringer?

You know what they say: in a beard, robes and turban they all look alike to me!

BTW: no offense to anyone, but the entire concept of the CIA "validating" anything strikes me as more than slightly ridiculous. These are the guys that have trouble finding Langley on a map.
                      Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Mr Coyote is most certainly right... The only thing Usama's won is the complacence & the voluntary surrender of those around the globe that believe & say he's won anything - this against all evidence & proof to the contrary.

Even more asinine... most do so seemingly believing that only those engaged in combat against it in various places around the globe are fighting it... all while ignoring , or remaining ignorantly unaware that 2/3+ of the governments on the planet have been actively engaged in the GWOT by far more ways & means than simply that of armed conflict.

Kudos for a concise statement of the obvious, Gary!

Pity some folks refuse to consider it in such light without their cheep semantical sunglasses on.

On the Plains of Hesitation lie the blackened bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of victory, sat down to rest-and resting... died. Adlai E. Stevenson

ACG History Today

BoRG

Comment

Nice Grecian Formula job on Bin Laden. He's living in a mud house in a tiny space behind a false wall but at least he's youthful looking.

"Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a ugly brawl."
                          --Frederick II, King of Prussia

Comment

Relax guys, Bin Laden is down here in Sydney, getting a invite to the APEC meeting being held for a week. Apparently he forgot one of his VIP passess and was not allowed past the third tier of security. Oh Bin Laden , you, memory like a sieve!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Admiral View Post

Even more asinine... most do so seemingly believing that only those engaged in combat against it in various places around the globe are fighting it... all while ignoring , or remaining ignorantly unaware that 2/3+ of the governments on the planet have been actively engaged in the GWOT by far more ways & means than simply that of armed conflict.
                              And that is probably why those nations haven't been enthusiastic about the Coalition or American armed intervention - they reagrd the matter as one of national internal security rather than something requiring overt military intervention.
                              Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X