Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Forgotten War

http://video.msn.com/v/us/msnbc.htm?.../20542311/&fg=

Let's give them the tools they need to do the job. Let's also give them the acknowledgement for awesome job they are doing.

D1
    "War is hell, but actual combat is a motherf#cker"
    - Col. David Hackworth

Comment

Abso bloody loutely. Afghanistan is definitely overlooked and imo should be the main theatre of operations. Yeah there are similar sentiments over here from our afghan vets. I think thats why Brown's probably gonna pull out of Iraq so they can be sent to afghanistan.

Comment

but why? what is the objective in Afghanistan. after 6 years of occupationf rom the most powerfull military of all times, still no results...

why not leave them with their goats and rubble to sort out their mess with it.

anyway, it's not my tax money and fellow citizen's lives that is poured down the drain for nothing....

... or else there are other reasons for the NATO presence in a land that no foreign conquerror ever manage to hold for long...???
        "Freedom cannot exist without discipline, self-discipline, and rights cannot exist without duties. Those who do not observe their duties do not deserve their rights."--Oriana Fallaci

Comment

Its not simply afghanistan, its the terrain that cuts across afghanistan and north pakitan which has been used for a haven for so long for terrorist training and planning.Your right no results but probably the most dangerous place in Afghanistanin Helmand which is the size of wales has got less than 10,000 troops there. Theres not really been a concentrated effort as it mostly went to iraq where results really have been limited for the level of effort there.

Comment

but who cares about "terrorists" that are armed with AK's and a few RPG's... these are not the guys who committed the acts of terror in the last 50 years!

the 9/11 ones were Saudis on orders from AQ (at least that's the official story so far) but it wasn't the talibans doing it...

going after OBL and AQ, yes, but cleaning a country like Afghanitan, impossible!!!! it was doomed froom the start, what were they thinking? bringin democracy to afghans???!!! the Soviets did not succed, with their brutal ways... what makes you think that us half-sissies westernes can?
            "Freedom cannot exist without discipline, self-discipline, and rights cannot exist without duties. Those who do not observe their duties do not deserve their rights."--Oriana Fallaci

Comment

I dont believe in bringing democracy to afghans or any other part of that world. On another thread you and I have mentioned similar things. I do feel however that a return of power by the taliban in afghanistan would bring a return of the use of that country by AQ and its associates because its so remote and ideologically friendly. We need to help nations like that evolve economies(not democracy and I dont mean modern economies either with skyscrapers etc but viable local economies) of a sort that make people like the taliban unwelcome with their medievalism. I think ur right when u say its largely futile in places like that but the west have done too many things half heartedly of late and I feel this time we should make a stand in this place and finish what we started. Iraq is a right mess but i think something could be salvaged there and if that makes a statement to other countries then in the long term that could do some good.

Comment

I see your point.

I think we have to do a stang but it has to first be here at home. we go in far away places to fight when we have plenty of fanatics roaming freely here. these had to be taken care first. very harshly.

Comment

That is a fair point to be honest.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                  X